Little Tikes Activity Gym

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twinzmom2b, May 23, 2007.

1. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

We just got this Little Tikes Activity Gym http://www.willygoat.com/catalogsingle.asp?productID=2485 off of a lady from our local Mother of Twins club for $60! It literally looks like it's brand new. There is a small dent in the slide, but that's it. It's never been outside. She bought it at a garage sale for $100 and once she got it home realized it was TOO big for their payroom and her husband (she said) is anal about sitting things out in the yard and killing the grass, etc., so they were getting rid of it. So, I totally got lucky b/c I had posted on their message board to see if anyone wanted to sell anything like this. I'm SOOOO excited.

We put it up two night ago and it's in our basement. We'll probably keep it down there so it doesn't get faded and stuff outside, plus we don't have much shade for it. We will put it outside for the girls' b-day party in a few weeks though so all the kids can play on it.

They are having so much fun with it!! They can't get up onto the bench part to get to the slide, so we just put a small little step stool in there and that's their "easy" access to the slide. They love it though....we spent a good hour in the basement last night and I bet they went down the slide 30 times each. It was fun!!!

2. kaysyd

kaysyd Well-Known Member

That looks like fun Becky!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a steal of a deal!!!!!

3. cabonnell

cabonnell Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. We bought the smaller version of that one, "Little Tikes Cube Climber", for $50.00 from a consignment shop in like new condition and when we brought it home, they went nuts. Up until this weekend, we had it set up in our living room. They play on them at daycare so to have one at home was a real treat. I'd love to find such a deal like you found on the bigger one now that they've pretty much outgrown the other. Way to go on bargain shopping!

4. debid

debid Well-Known Member

My boys got a similar gym for their first birthday from friends of ours and they've played on it every single day since. It's the one toy they never seem to get bored with. We had it indoors all Winter and then moved it out to the yard as soon as it warmed up here (in the shade because that plastic can get pretty hot). What an awesome find! Also, I've heard that it takes the Krylon plastic paint very well so if you happen upon a toy that is in good shape but faded, it can look brand new again.

5. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

YAY arent the small ones fun cuz you can put them inside too. We got this one at a yard sale for $40!! http://www.littletikes.com/toys/toys-detai...Ns=Most+Popular It was in like new condition too! The boys were too small last year but this year can play on it all by themselves. And love the climbing rope already!!

Then I got this one from neighbors free. I found it in my front yard with a note on it one day when I came home from grocery shopping HA. Swing alot castle!

http://www.littletikes.com/toys/toys-detai...Ns=Most+Popular They are kind of too big for this one already as they take the blue and red slides off every time and ask for HELP putting them back on. And they have tipped it once too :eek: :rolleyes: So I hope to pass this on to another twin friend next year! Oh and this was in our basement over the winter too.

I tell you when my neighbors and friends heard about me having twins (and know how much I love recycling and used toys are aok with me!) everyone had something for us. AWESOME B)

6. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

Wow, great deal. The girls have gotta love that slide. We would love to find something like that for the backyard.

7. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Great deal!! I bet they will love it. We badly need something for the yard.

8. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

I love a good deal! I got the smaller Climbing Cube version also through MOMs club. I was so tickled with myself when I got one for $20...until last week when I got a second one for $10!!!!!!!

We took the extra one to Gmas...both were brand new after 10 minutes with my pressure washer!