Light pains in stomach and lower back

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ExpectingTwins 7-31-07, Mar 23, 2007.

1. ExpectingTwins 7-31-07

ExpectingTwins 7-31-07 Well-Known Member

I don't know if I am being paranoid, but the past couple of nights I get light cramps in my stomach. They feel like period pains. It also makes my lower back hurt. I am not sure if my uterus is growing and that is what I am feeling or if it is something I need to call my doctor about. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. 2BMommyof2

2BMommyof2 Well-Known Member

Hi Stephanie -

I've been getting those cramps alot this week too. I have all over back pain so it's not really limited to one area in particular. It never hurts to call your OB and ask for their professional advice.

Be sure to drink lots of water though. I've found that it's my medicine for almost all of my aches, pains, contractions, etc.

HTH!

3. ExpectingTwins 7-31-07

ExpectingTwins 7-31-07 Well-Known Member

2BMommyof2~
    My entire back has been hurting for the past week really bad like you are describing, but the past couple of nights it has been my stomach cramping and the lower part of my back. It is so uncomfortable that I can't sleep until it eases up.

4. SilvrHeart

SilvrHeart Well-Known Member

It can't hurt to call the doc, especially if the pains continue or get worse. If it's nothing, then great! But if it IS comething, then maybe you can nip it in the bud.

5. nicaloni

nicaloni Member

I was experiencing pretty much the same thing about 2 weeks ago and went in to see my OB. They checked my cervical length (4.4cm) and the heartbeats, all checked out well....I think it may just be the growing uterus trying to make room...but if you are unsure i would say call your dr. you will probably feel a lot better.

6. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I would definitely call... what you are describing could be more than just aches... you never know. Better safe to call or go into the OB's office than not to, kwim?

I don't remember feeling anything like that when pregnant with my twins... I had soreness but it was never a pain like you said.

Please update us.

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

Anything that feels like period cramps, I would call, because that is what real contractions feel like. [​IMG]