Let's talk about breastpads

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by twinmuffin, Jul 18, 2008.

1. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

Ok, the past 2 days, not sure what is up, but I've started leaking. Hmm, never happened before, so I never bothered with breastpads, but apparently now I need them. When I had DS I occassionally wore them, but the problem was I always thought they looked funny under my shirt, like lumpy. I usually wear pretty tight fitting shirts, so I need some suggestions for breastpads that don't look lumpy. And in the meantime, something to cover up the wet spot in a very conspicuous place on my shirt!!!! LOL.

2. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

I love the Lansinoh ones in the purple box. They are super thin.

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinmuffin @ Jul 18 2008, 11:32 AM) [snapback]883338[/snapback]
    And in the meantime, something to cover up the wet spot in a very conspicuous place on my shirt!!!! LOL.

:laughing: Sorry!! You just made me smile.

I don't really use breastpads so I am no help! Good luck!

4. bstone716

bstone716 Well-Known Member

I used the Lansinoh kind for a bit, but I actually like the Medela kind better. Gerber are WAY too bulky, IMO.

5. twinmuffin

QUOTE(JicJac @ Jul 18 2008, 10:41 AM) [snapback]883349[/snapback]
    :laughing: Sorry!! You just made me smile.

Glad I made you laugh. All it did was make me swear. I look down at my shirt, right here in the middle of work, and silent cuss words keep coming to mind. Definitely need to get some breastpads this weekend.

6. twinmuffin

QUOTE(firemedic @ Jul 18 2008, 10:36 AM) [snapback]883344[/snapback]
    I love the Lansinoh ones in the purple box. They are super thin.

Ok, so I don't even know where to buy these things... Can I get them at Target, at the grocery store? Are they near the sanitary pads? near the diapers? I'm clueless.

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinmuffin @ Jul 18 2008, 11:52 AM) [snapback]883376[/snapback]
    Glad I made you laugh. All it did was make me swear. I look down at my shirt, right here in the middle of work, and silent cuss words keep coming to mind. Definitely need to get some breastpads this weekend.

I'm sorry.. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time. I meant no offense when I responded! :hug99: For the record, it was more of a smirk.

8. Mommy2ATeam

Mommy2ATeam Well-Known Member

I like Lansinoh as well. I'm wearing Medela right now b/c I'm out of the Lansinoh and I hate them!!! I'm going to Wally World tonight to buy my purple box! :)

To answer your question, their in the baby section of Wal-Mart. I'm not sure about Target.

9. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

10. twinmuffin

QUOTE(JicJac @ Jul 18 2008, 11:29 AM) [snapback]883469[/snapback]
    I'm sorry.. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time. I meant no offense when I responded! :hug99: For the record, it was more of a smirk.

Oh no offense taken. It really is pretty funny. Good thing I'm so laid back. I managed to rearrange my shirt so the spot wasn't so obvious. I don't really go to meetings or anything. I just sit in my cube all day, so no big deal really. It's just kind of weird they decided to start leaking now, after 6 months of nothing. I would have liked a little time to prepare kwim?

11. thegirl

thegirl Member

I love the lansinoh ones, too. You can get them at Target by the baby bottles and pumps (maybe one isle over from the diapers???). They usually come with a free sample of either freezer bags (I love these as well and stash the freebies in my pumping bag in case of emergency) or of wipes (great for the diaper bag). These were the only ones that don't make my shirt look lumpy or scream "BREASTPADS!!!!!"

hope this helps!

12. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I love the Lansinoh ones too! Especially because they have a sticky spot on the back to attach to your bra. I did have some homemade ones for my DD1. Although, once they were wet you had to replace them, but I never did soak them through to my shirt. They were definitely the best for looking real under my shirt. I didn't make them, but they were a few layers of cloth.

13. Appymomma

Appymomma Well-Known Member

I have been using the Johnson and Johnson ones lately. i don't like all the packaging with the Lanoish ones. And we have been battling thrush with the lanoish ones also.

14. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

my cousin got me some cotton (cloth) ones that i use, and they are thinner than the disposables i've had. i'll have to ask her where she got them

15. PumpkinPies

PumpkinPies Well-Known Member

I kept a cardigan at work for emergencies. I only leaked completely through a couple of times (I hated the pads, too), but I found that it was nearly invisible when dried, at least on a darker top.
    In a pinch, I used ultra thin maxis in my bra. Just cut one in half and stuck it in. Actually, I think it worked better to hold the pad against my breast in the right spot, then fix the bra over it.

16. jenanne

jenanne Well-Known Member

I didn't have much luck with the Lanisoh and Medela ones, but I like the Johnson contoured ones, I order them when I get my diapers, through diapers.com. They are actually thick which doesn't sound good, but they're contoured so they show less for me than the others did.

17. jentwinmom

jentwinmom Well-Known Member

Lansinoh works the best for me too. I find them at Wal-mart, Target, Walgreens, etc. They are hard to miss since they are in a purple/lavender box.

I am jealous that you have made it all this time without them. I have worn them 24/7 for 8 months now and even though they don't bother me, I am just ready to hang out in the house braless for a day or two. I know, TMI.