Let's get to know you!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MNTwinSquared, Mar 4, 2008.

1. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I'd love to get to know the breastfeeding momma's better! Please share 10 random facts about you! Attach a picture if you care to also! I'll post when I get some time! It's just about naptime here! :)

2. annelily2000

annelily2000 Well-Known Member

HMMM
    1. I grew up on a farm.
    2. I inherited the farm about 2 years back.
    3. I have a degree in Forestry from La. Tech University.
    4. I was involved in getting a recycling facility set up in my town.
    5. I love animals.
    6. I can't wait for the show Deadliest Catch to come back on.
    7. I want to open a shelter up on my property for all the stray dogs around here.
    8. I carry dog food with me, just in case I see one on the side of the road.
    9. I had a brother 5 years older than me, we were born on the same day.
    10. I really love TS!

3. MNTwinSquared

Wow! Do you live on the farm?

10 facts about me! :)
    1. I grew up on a hobby farm.
    2. I currently live 4 miles away from it.
    3. I have a college degree in Therapeutic Recreation.
    4. I spent a year in Norway and have been there 3 other times, including my honeymoon almost 10 years ago.
    5. I never wanted kids. (yes, I changed my mind)
    6. My 'heaven' is canoeing on a quiet lake.
    7. I grew up hating the fact that I was a twin.
    8. I was born on the Canadian border.
    9. I had both feet operated on 3 days after I got a car (when I was 17). (bunions)
    10. (ok, breastfeeding kind of related) I didn't wear a bra until I was in high school. (late bloomer I guess!)

4. annelily2000

Wow! Do you live on the farm?

Yes, my DH and I have kept the farm operating. We have 4 chicken houses and are in the hay business and lease out our land for people to put their cattle on until we get our own.

What is a hobby farm?

5. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

7. I want to open a shelter up on my property for all the stray dogs around here.
    8. I carry dog food with me, just in case I see one on the side of the road.

Oh, that's so sweet! :) I used to volunteer at an animal shelter, and I loved training the dogs.

1. I like the smell of skunk.
    2. 80's music still makes me happy.
    3. I would die if I didn't get a chance to read over coffee every day. (Praise heaven for morning naps!)
    4. I really need a haircut right now.
    5. I can throw a 200 lb man 10 feet.
    6. Whenever I get sick, I curl up with Star Trek or X-Files reruns.
    7. My cats are way, way, way too fat.
    8. I love to knit socks, especially while listening to something good on NPR. (Or I would if I still had time.)
    9. Lately I've gotten hooked on killer sudoku. Very addictive, beware!
    10. In my teens, I had purple hair and an eyebrow ring and black lipstick.

6. MNTwinSquared

QUOTE(fuchsiagroan @ Mar 4 2008, 03:30 PM) [snapback]652733[/snapback]
    5. I can throw a 200 lb man 10 feet.

Oh, this is something I need to know more about! :eek:

7. annelily2000

I like the smell of skunk.

Every winter we have problems with the skunks getting into our chicken houses, so we have to trap them. Well, one of them sprayed and of course I ran away. My DH and I went to town. Stopped by the grocery store, the dollar store and then stopped at Sonic (fast food brought to you while you're in your car). Well, the carhop said, "I smell a skunk.". I could not smell it, but she did and all those poor people I came in contact with had to smell me too! The carhop said she liked the smell of skunk.

8. nepolm

nepolm Well-Known Member

QUOTE(JicJac @ Mar 4 2008, 04:24 PM) [snapback]652717[/snapback]
    7. I grew up hating the fact that I was a twin.

Just curious, why? I always wished I WAS a twin! I was addicted to the Sweet Valley High books and always secretly wished I had a long, lost twin somewhere :laughing: .

Okay here's my facts (you already got bonus ones above :p):

1. My dad, both grandfathers, AND DH are all military, but all were different branches.
    2. I was a cheerleader in high school.
    3. I hate black licorice.
    4. My mother practices Wicca.
    5. I had a crush on Boy George when I was little.
    6. My dream job is to write children's novels.
    7. I plan on traveling through all 48 continental states in an RV when I retire.
    8. Since I was a kid, I have ALWAYS had a pet cat (currently have two.)
    9. I check MySpace daily, sometimes more.
    10. I hate scary movies.

AND .....

11. I am SOOOO proud to be a breastfeeding mama :yahoo: !

Where's everyone's pics? Guess I'll start:

Me

9. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

1. I'm Indian, and speak Marathi (almost) fluently, but can't read or write it

2. I'm a fantasy fiction dork, and try to attend DragonCon here in Atlanta every year

3. I have zero athletic ability, can barely ride a bike, and probably wouldn't catch anything you threw toward me

4. I've traveled all over the world, but haven't seen very much of the U.S.

5. I grew up in South Florida, and didn't really see falling snow until after I graduated from college (saw flurries once in West Palm Beach when I was 3 years old, but that doesn't count!)

6. Although I get really seasick, I'm a certified scuba diver

7. I can say the alphabet backwards very quickly (and so can my 4-year-old DD)

8. I love any kind of stinky cheese

9. I can play a mean game of gin rummy

10. I love hamsters and guinea pigs, and had several when I was younger. (I now have cats, so alas, I am a traitor to rodent kind...)

10. MNTwinSquared

QUOTE(annelily2000 @ Mar 4 2008, 03:27 PM) [snapback]652723[/snapback]
    What is a hobby farm?

A wanna be farm!! We had a horse, rabbits & cats. Nothing to make money, just enough acreage to have some animals. 4-H was something I was involved with when I grew up.

QUOTE(Outnumbered @ Mar 4 2008, 04:04 PM) [snapback]652822[/snapback]
    Just curious, why? I always wished I WAS a twin! I was addicted to the Sweet Valley High books and always secretly wished I had a long, lost twin somewhere :laughing: .

Umm.. she was the first to start getting mad if we dressed anything alike. I had to share everything and we were always "the twins." I even had to share my own birthday! Our cake always had coconut on it (icky)!! :) Stupid reasons, but I treasure it now.

Ok, here is my picture. I also included a picture of my sister! Jen & Jackie

11. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

Oh goodness me 10 things....

1. I am currently playing matchmaker, hooking up my best friend with my eyedoctor... and I have never done anything like this before!
    2. I grew up on a ranch 2 miles from my DH and his parents' ranch.
    3. We will be inheriting/taking over the farm/ranch in one year. His parents' not mine.
    4. He!! Creek lake on Fort Peck reservoir is my favorite place on earth, and I was baptized in that lake, yes He!! Creek is right next door to Devils Creek, very nice place to be baptized!! (okay I had to edit yes, He!! Creek is the real name!! funny!)
    5. I played Volleyball in highschool and was benched the last game of my senior year regular season through the championship game because I mouthed off to my coach on Senior Night.
    6. I have been a member of the Lutheran, Prestbyterian and Baptist churches and have also attended Catholic and Assembly of God churches alot, I am now (and forseeably forever )will be Southern Baptist.
    7. As mentioned in another thread, In college I could drink most men I knew under the table (kinda clashes with #6 huh?)
    8. I can drive a Swather (machine you cut hay with) that does not have a steering wheel but is rather controlled with two "sticks"
    9. I coach soccer but never in my life have played the game, or even watched it until my kids started playing.
    10. The only place I have ever "lived" outside of Montana was Medora North Dakota, a tourist attraction city where Teddy Roosevelt lived, they do reenactments of Teddy and the Rough Riders at the outside amphetheatre everynight. I worked in one of the local restaurants. The town only has about 30 residents in the winter, but is huge in the summer!

11.... I also love being a Breastfeeding mommy and love to shock people by telling them I breastfeed twins.

My pic
    http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome...HbA&notag=1

12. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

This is fun, I love getting to read about everyone!

Ok here's me....

1. I have a very strong Boston accent and people have a tough time understanding me
    2. I have always had kitties
    3. I also never wanted kids (and never want to get married, I love being single too much!)
    4. I am a video game junkie, I would spend 8-10hrs straight playing World of Warcraft pre-mommy days, I also had PS3 as soon as it came out
    5. I was voted best dressed in high school but they didnt print the superlatives in our yearbook (I shopped at vintage stores)
    6. I am 9 classes away from my bachelors in accounting, I have my associates
    7. I am probably borderline OCD
    8. I LOVE old black and white movies
    9. I collect comic books and my dream is to open a comic book store
    10. My two worst traits are being too proud and too vain

And I LOVE the look of shock I get from people when I say I am breastfeeding twins! :p

13. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

1. I live on a hobby farm!
    2. I worked for a vet from the time I was 14 until 28
    3. I love to shop :D !.... but need more money :rolleyes:
    4. I never,ever thought that I would have 5 kids (and want 1 more!)
    5. I was born in Lexington, MO and my DH just got transfered not far from there! so we will be moving!!
    6. I do not mind washing clothes but I HATE to fold them!
    7. water is my drink of choice
    8. I have always driven Chevrolets
    9. I cannot believe that I have been bf my twins for 14 months!
    10. I have had this goldfish for 4 years now! she was a 26cent feeder fish that my boys "rescued" from being fed!

14. brianamurnion

QUOTE(Heathermomof5 @ Mar 4 2008, 07:20 PM) [snapback]653212[/snapback]
    3. I love to shop :D !.... but need more money :rolleyes:
    4. I never,ever thought that I would have 5 kids (and want 1 more!)

8. I have always driven Chevrolets

I thought we could be twins seperated at birth with #3 and #4 BUT THEN I read #8 and I knew it couldnt be true :eek: , We are a FORD family to the bone here!! Oh and dont tell me you drive red tractors too.... JOHN DEERE baby, nothing runs like a deere!!! :p

15. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

1. i'm 31 and get mistaken for a teenager (REALLY not a compliment sometimes)
    2. i have OCD (clinically diagnosed)
    3. i loved my job when i worked in a special ed classroom with all autistic students
    4. i have HORRIBLE road rage (verbal, and i give a LOT of people the finger... i would never put anyone in danger, tho! )
    5. i dated a skater boy who owned a tattoo shop, COVERED in tattoos!
    6. i married a business man that wears suits, i still wear camoflouge, pigtails and my Vans
    7. i always wanted twins since i was a little girl, and was blessed with a spontaneous twin pregnancy
    8. i'm a horrible whiner (and now marina is following proudly in my footsteps lol)
    9. my boobs were always my best asset (until about 8 months from now, when they become empty milk sacs blaaaaaaaah)
    10. i have about 200 bottles of nail polish
    11. one more... i LOVE clubbing (the loud music, the dancing... after all, i've been dancing since i was 4!!! )

aaaand, here's me summer of '05 in vegas
    http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/da...ad16/heehee.jpg

16. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

These are great to read :)

1. I am a lousy housekeeper although I love a spotless house :umm: Can't get them to equal out.

2. I loved everything about BF and miss it soooooooooooooooo much. I am passionate about it.

3. I find it very hard to bite my tongue when woman talk about not being able to BF.

4. I never miss Y & R. I PVR it & watch when I can. Have watched it since I was 18 or 19 (in the 80's lol)

5. I spend way too much time on the computer every day.

6. I am President again of my MOM's club and love it even though it is a ton of work. I am very proud of how I have turned the club around in the last 3 years (though I would never say it to anyone).

7. I love to shop - especially 2nd stores. I love "the find".

8. I have fallen in love with my husband again after a rough few years (not related to having the twins). :wub:

9. I love being a SAHM and have always known that that is what I would be. Not being at home with my kids was never an option (passionate about that too :blush:)

10. I really do wish there was a magic pill for losing this weight that has stayed on after all my pregnancies. I so need to do something about that.

17. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

Fun! You are all such lovely and interesting women. Too cool...

Okay...

10. This is my 2nd marriage. My DH and I are very good friends with my first DH and his wife (we had to be friends in order to co-raise our son the way we wanted and it turns out we all like each other very much)
    9. I set up a friend and a guy I used to know - they are getting married this summer (encouragement for PP)
    8. I am a singer/songwriter and currently recording my first children's album (can't help it with all of this inspiration!)
    7. I'm 35
    6. I change my hair color drastically about once a year - just went from blonde to very dark brown last week
    5. I dream of being a runner. I've subscribed to Runner's World for 3 years and read 2 books about running...yet I've never run a mile.
    4. I never miss Jeopardy even if I have to record it.
    3. My husband and I drive by our dream land every single Sunday (I even have a little dirt from it in a jar on my nightstand)
    2. I'm completely head over heels in love with my family and consider myself to be the luckiest girl I know...really!
    1. I am training to be a grant writer

here's a pic of me cooking with one of my girls PICTURE

18. lhoran

lhoran Well-Known Member

1. I teach elementary school-1st grade and kind. I love my job, but I love being home more.
    2. I live in a small town Marion, MA, by the water. I have always lived close to the water and would miss it terribly if I moved somewhere further away.
    3. I have a type B personality, and sometimes wish it was more type A!
    4. My favorite outfit is a cozy sweater and Gap cargo pants.
    5. I'm 34, but still feel like I'm 20.
    6. I beat my husband at word jumbles each am in the newspaper.
    7. I love brownies with a glass of milk.
    8. I find the elderly so interesting and full of wisdom. I love hearing their stories.
    9. I am still amazed how much a baby and, especially, twins can bring so much joy and excitement to people.
    10. I love Ms. Pac Man.

p.s. I also love people's reactions when I explain tandem feeding. You can actually see them trying to get the visual in their mind!!

Thanks, this was fun,

Lisa

I'm not sure how to put the picture in???

19. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

1. I majored in Music Dance Theater in college, and after graduation performed with Riverdance as a singer (not an irish dancer!)
    2. I was a virgin when I got married
    3. I loooooove spicy food--mexican, thai, indian. and I love to cook.
    4. I was recently disinherited from my parents 4 million dollar estate (as were all siblings but one)
    5. I have a recurring dream about standing in the ocean with my back to the waves when suddenly I realize a monster wave is about to crash down on me. Sometimes I get away in time, other times I get swallowed up.
    6. my dog is the best trained dog I've ever met. I trained her every day for three months, and people always comment on how good she is!
    7. I am addicted to diet coke. I am sure my babies get 50% BM, 50% diet coke.
    8. I'm 5'11"
    9. I was a giant taco for halloween in the 6th grade
    10. my favorite show is Lost. I love my DVR. Couldn't live without it!

http://www.shutterfly.com/view/pictures.jsp This is me with my boys a few months ago

Reyna

20. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

1. I have been married for almost 8 years
    2. Find raising twins the hardest thing I will ever do, but also most rewarding
    3. Love the shows Project Runway, Lost, and Amazing Race
    4. would love one more child but dh doesn't want anymore
    5. excercised (treadmill, bike, weights) while pg until I was put on bedrest at 30 weeks
    6. Never got that same enthusiasm for excercising back :search:
    7. was voted biggest brown noser in higschool :FIFblush: , but it has gotten me places, lol
    8. Feel like one the few lucky people who found her soulmate
    9. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cake :help:
    10. Wish I had the money to travel more (w/ and w/out kids)

my family (hard to find a pic of just me these days!!)

21. Gumberly

Gumberly Well-Known Member

Ok my turn

1. I have had horses my whole life. In high school my mom and I went through a really bad stretch and a few times I gave up eating so I had money to buy hay for my horse.
    2.I am addicted to driving hackneys ponies even though it scares the crap out of me some times.
    3.In high school I swore I would never get married or have kids.
    4.I grew up a half hour from any where, moved to a large area and married a “city boy” lol
    5.In my house is every new gaming system that has been made….xbox 360 ps3, wii, ds, and psp….in my limited defense one isn’t mine. And I wish I would of discovered world of war craft when I was on limited activity before babies where born because holly crap is it addictive!
    6. I named my daughter after a actress (that one is probably obvious) what isn’t is I too love old movies, any thing with Fred Astaire, Carey Grant, Audrey Hepburn, and Robert Mitchum especially.
    7. I record shows like Nip/tuck and Dirt so I can watch them at night partly because they are not shows I would ever let my kids watch and partly because my husband works night so I can watch them in peace
    8.When I was a little girl a read a book (cant remember the name) about a little boy who got turned into a mouse by witches who had no hair and toes. When I went to my grandmothers house a few weeks later and she took of her wig and her ill fitting shoes, that made it look like she had no toes I screamed and locked myself in a bedroom until she let me call my mom, who could barely contain her laughter while trying to assure me that her ex-husbands mother was not in fact a child hating witch.
    9.In high school my dream car was a pickup
    10.I am a total night person and pay for it every morning when older DS gets up at GASP 7 :30. I don’t know where he gets it from but it isn’t me.

22. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

this is fun!!

1. I bake and decorate wedding cakes...did this on the side for awhile, now trying to get a home business going so I can stay home with my little monkey's.
    2. I love to sew...made complete crib sets for each baby, and make "budzy's" (blankets) for every new baby in family and circle of friends
    3. Want to finsh school to become a nurse
    4. my youngest sister is 18 years younger than i am, also have a sister 10 years younger and a brother 3 years younger
    5. Know american sign language...was at one time in school to become an ASL interpreter, but never finished.
    6. will be married for 5 years on the 22 of march, but dated for about 10 years before we got married!
    7. After DH and I had been dating for awhile, I found out that his brother had a huge crush on me...this resulted in DH and his brother fighting for ahwile...YIKES (they are now best buddies again...phew)
    8.I wish my mom and I were alot closer than we are
    9. had emergency surgery at 11 1/2 weeks pregnant...twins were in uterus, triplet was in fallopian tube. (we did not know about the triplet) Apparently the odds of this happening is 1 in 33000...YIKES,
    10. I love the outdoors...camping, hiking walking

I also love the looks on peoples faces when I tell them I am BFing Kaylee and Wyatt. It is amazing how many people are stunned by that!!!

23. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

10. I speak french fluently
    9. I can draw a pretty decent likeness of just about anyone
    8. I'm a twin
    7. I worked on a blueberry farm as a teenager (going with the farm theme)
    6. I've run three marathons, the most recent one of them just before I got pregnant
    5. I can do an aerial 180 on a wakeboard
    4. I have three dogs, ranging in size from 30 lbs to almost 200 lbs. (the 200 lb-er isn't done growing yet)
    3. I have lived in the south for almost 15 years now, but still haven't lost my yankee accent
    2. I worked as a kitchen and bath design consultant for a year
    1. I am addicted to cheese, the stinkier the better.

24. Jayn

Jayn Well-Known Member

1. I have a Cocker Spaniel named Daisy - but she doesn't know she's a dog Shhhhhhhhh
    2. I ran track and cross country in college.
    3. I wasn't allowed to date my future husband when I was in high school. My parents didn't like him :) (he wore a Hooters shirt over when he met my parents the first time, I think that was maybe what did it!)
    4. I sang onstage with Smashmouth and jumped into a mosh pit bruising 3 ribs in college.
    5. I have 2 brothers.
    6. At age 18, I was told I would never get pregnant without drastic measures.
    7. I graduated from Ohio State
    8. Sometimes when I'm in the minivan by myself, I pretend it's a much cooler car and listen to Pearl Jam really loud.
    9. Sometimes I watch Zach and Cody on Disney even when the kids are asleep!
    10. I'm a Christian. I mess up A LOT, but try to live a life pleasing to God.

25. brianamurnion

QUOTE(mrsfussypants @ Mar 4 2008, 09:00 PM) [snapback]653417[/snapback]
    1. I majored in Music Dance Theater in college, and after graduation performed with Riverdance as a singer (not an irish dancer!)
    2. I was a virgin when I got married
    3. I loooooove spicy food--mexican, thai, indian. and I love to cook.
    4. I was recently disinherited from my parents 4 million dollar estate (as were all siblings but one)
    5. I have a recurring dream about standing in the ocean with my back to the waves when suddenly I realize a monster wave is about to crash down on me. Sometimes I get away in time, other times I get swallowed up.
    6. my dog is the best trained dog I've ever met. I trained her every day for three months, and people always comment on how good she is!
    7. I am addicted to diet coke. I am sure my babies get 50% BM, 50% diet coke.
    8. I'm 5'11"
    9. I was a giant taco for halloween in the 6th grade
    10. my favorite show is Lost. I love my DVR. Couldn't live without it!

http://www.shutterfly.com/view/pictures.jsp This is me with my boys a few months ago

Reyna

The pic didnt work for me!!

BTW WAY TO GO, virgin until married thing, I so wish to this day I would have stuck with my convictions, but I didnt.

My babies get half coffe and MT Dew half BM!

I also believe that I am going to die in a drowning accident because I have a reoccuring dream that I fall out of a boat, off a bridge etc and I struggle and struggle and finally give in and take a breath of water and realize I can breathe under water, I think it means I die and that is how I am going to go in real life.... and I LOVE swimming and boating and water in general.

And WOW someday if you are willing to share would love to hear the disinheritance story.

26. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

27. debid

debid Well-Known Member

1) I have an organically-maintained garden where I'm growing heirloom vegetables
    2) I used to tell my mom that I was going to move to NY when I turned 18
    3) I once intentionally failed a class in protest of "the system"
    4) I've participated in a kiwi harvest and couldn't stand the sight of those fuzzy little fruits for years afterward
    5) My favorite color is purple but I adore color in general and would be happiest living in Toon Town
    6) We live on a lake and while it's a safety concern, I'd rather always have to watch the boys very closely than live in a neighborhood with a fenced square for a yard
    7) My first job was a Summer spent as a full-time nanny for my infant cousin and I was only 13 :icon_eek:
    8 ) I grew up in a neighborhood full of boys and I have two brothers so I was "one of the guys" for ages (I turned it to my advantage in college when I met lots of people who didn't know me as "one of the guys")
    9) I fully believe my boys are the cutest/smartest kids EVER :winking0009:
    10) I'm married to a former member of a rock band (a band that made it big AFTER he left) and have met all of the guys in that rock band

28. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

QUOTE(7Ms @ Mar 5 2008, 03:14 PM) [snapback]653853[/snapback]
    The pic didnt work for me!!

BTW WAY TO GO, virgin until married thing, I so wish to this day I would have stuck with my convictions, but I didnt.

And WOW someday if you are willing to share would love to hear the disinheritance story.

Thanks--it wasn't easy, that's for sure! DH waited till we were married too, so it was pretty cool.

As for the disinheritance story, do have like 11 hours to spare? LOL. I don't even know where to begin with that. I'll try to sum it up: shortly after new years we all (I'm the youngest of 7 siblings, we're all married and have kids) got an email from my parents saying they had decided to give their 4 million dollar house to my one brother. Basically he's the only good one, and the rest of us are rotten. It blew us all away. I have no clue what prompted it. My brother is living in his new free house with his wife and kids and isn't speaking to the rest of us. Needless to say it's been horribly heartbreaking, not because of the money, but because my family is a total wreck right now. My parents have basically estranged themselves from all the other kids and we're all left thinking, "huh??!!"

So that's it in a nutshell. Obviously there's a lot more detail, but you get the idea....

And as for the picture link...I don't know how to fix it! But you've seen a picture of me before, so you're not missing out!

Reyna

29. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

I am so so impressed with all of you! I love seeing pics and learning more about you. I wish we could all sit in a room...I'd love to hear Cohlee's accent ask several of you about gardening, learn sign language from Chris02 ...etc.

10. I'm a Christian. I mess up A LOT, but try to live a life pleasing to God.

DITTO! Should have included this in mine...

30. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

1. Since I left home for college (15 years ago - yikes!), I've lived (for six weeks or longer) in 9 different cities and 3 different countries.
    2. I went to Northern Michigan University and have a degree in Biochemistry
    3. I love to read - anything and everything: encyclopedias, novels, mysteries, textbooks
    4. I always knew I would bf my baby when I had one, but kinda freaked out when I learned I would have to bf two at the same time!
    5. I had ice cream sundaes for dessert at my wedding.
    6. I know how to drive a forklift
    7. Donut holes are my downfall
    8. I once knew someone was cheating off of me on a science test in Junior High, so I intentionally got most of the answers wrong, once he turned in his test, I went back and changed my answers to the right ones! :p
    9. I only had one boyfriend before I met my husband, and that wasn't until after I graduated from college.
    10. I should really be cleaning rather than doing this while the girls nap!

Photobucket isn't uploading right now, I'll try to post a picture later!

Erica.

31. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ladybenz @ Mar 5 2008, 12:12 PM) [snapback]653567[/snapback]
    10. I speak french fluently
    9. I can draw a pretty decent likeness of just about anyone
    8. I'm a twin
    7. I worked on a blueberry farm as a teenager (going with the farm theme)
    6. I've run three marathons, the most recent one of them just before I got pregnant
    5. I can do an aerial 180 on a wakeboard
    4. I have three dogs, ranging in size from 30 lbs to almost 200 lbs. (the 200 lb-er isn't done growing yet)
    3. I have lived in the south for almost 15 years now, but still haven't lost my yankee accent
    2. I worked as a kitchen and bath design consultant for a year
    1. I am addicted to cheese, the stinkier the better.

What kind of dog is the big one?

QUOTE(debid @ Mar 5 2008, 03:42 PM) [snapback]653898[/snapback]
    1) I have an organically-maintained garden where I'm growing heirloom vegetables
    2) I used to tell my mom that I was going to move to NY when I turned 18
    3) I once intentionally failed a class in protest of "the system"
    4) I've participated in a kiwi harvest and couldn't stand the sight of those fuzzy little fruits for years afterward
    5) My favorite color is purple but I adore color in general and would be happiest living in Toon Town
    6) We live on a lake and while it's a safety concern, I'd rather always have to watch the boys very closely than live in a neighborhood with a fenced square for a yard
    7) My first job was a Summer spent as a full-time nanny for my infant cousin and I was only 13 :icon_eek:
    8 ) I grew up in a neighborhood full of boys and I have two brothers so I was "one of the guys" for ages (I turned it to my advantage in college when I met lots of people who didn't know me as "one of the guys")
    9) I fully believe my boys are the cutest/smartest kids EVER :winking0009:
    10) I'm married to a former member of a rock band (a band that made it big AFTER he left) and have met all of the guys in that rock band

What band?

32. andrew/kaitlyn/smom

andrew/kaitlyn/smom Well-Known Member

I mostly lurk on this site, but these have all been very entertaining, and thought I would join in :)

1. I've been BFing for almost 4 years straight (technically K. quite a week before the girls were born, but who's counting)
    2. I played water polo in college.
    3. I like to pretend that I live on a hobby farm, with an organic garden (we do actually have a garden, but I tend to be a live and let live sort of person, and that appears to apply to weeds as well).
    4. I'm in the process of getting a masters in education.
    5. I made my wedding dress.
    6. I'll read just about anything.
    7. We pick about 20 lbs of blueberries and strawberries every summer so we can have local fruit all winter (my kids like to eat them straight from the freezer).
    8. I grew up with 2 brothers and a bunch of male cousins, and all these girls have really thrown me off guard.
    9. DH and I are both left handed.
    10. I don't think I could live without chocolate.

33. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Callen @ Mar 5 2008, 11:59 AM) [snapback]654039[/snapback]
    What kind of dog is the big one?

he's an English Mastiff--just one year old! I was due on his birthday!

34. Jayn

Jayn Well-Known Member

QUOTE(andrew/kaitlyn/smom @ Mar 5 2008, 12:33 PM) [snapback]654102[/snapback]
    10. I don't think I could live without chocolate.

Amen!!

35. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

Here's a picture of me (and the girls - I don't think there are any pictures of just me since they were born!):

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t118/tw...wa/IMG_2287.jpg

I just wanted to say that everyone has the most interesting tidbits - this is fun to read and learn some about people on here!

Erica.