Lego themed party!

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by megkc03, Oct 7, 2012.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So we are doing a Lego themed party for the boys. I'm way behind on the planning! Eek! Anyways... I think I'm going to go a bit easier in the food department-we're ordering pizza! But, I want to have some snacks available...Lego themed though. Any ideas? The party is from 12:00-3:30. And then I'm doing adults afterwards. :faint:

For activities, we are going to have a build your own race car, then race them. I will have Duplo's for the little ones as well. Then, maybe a guessing game(how many Legos in the jar), pin the ----- on the Lego man(head or smile maybe?). Anything else? I could put out coloring sheets too. Just wondering if anyone did this type of theme and what you may have done!

TIA!

2. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I would do building themed food. Pretzel rods = logs, square crackers=blocks. Have you seen the lego brick cakes? I looked into doing one for DS#1 and they are basically a sheet cake with small round cakes on top. I think you have enough ideas for games. Just have some other random bricks for them to build their own creations.

Sounds fun!

3. megkc03

Good idea on building food!

I've seen the cakes. I'm making three(a cousin is flying in from Michigan and the party is ON his birthday) Lego man cakes. I bought the cake mold.

That said...I could do the block cake for dinner!

I may have a bit of cake leftover! ;)

4. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Where did you get the cake mold? DS#1 is having just a family party this year and I would love to surprise him.

5. megkc03

When is his birthday??

Amazon

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Don't hate me....... Lego Mold. I SOOOOOOO want to try this out, I haven't yet, but I've had it bookmarked for a couple of years!! :D

7. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

That is awesome!!

You could do something with graham crackers and frosting and mini marshmallows where they make their own "legos"?

8. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just saw a lego birthday party linked on pinterest. Couldn't find it but look at this: http://pinterest.com/lisareyestauer/lego-5th-bday-party/