Leaking oil!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by w101ttd, Feb 5, 2012.

1. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies! its been a long time. Hope you all having a great year. I have a question. I stopped pumping like 10 months When my kids turned 1. They are 22 months now. I have been on birth control nuva ring. But i still leak. If I am off nuva ring, i leak more than when I am on birth control. Lately, I gained some weight. And tonight, I felt like milk inside so I squeezed it out. Oil and a bit milk came out. I am freaked. Oil???? why??? Am I OK? Oh and lol I tasted it. it smelled like omega 3, but not that strong. After I squeezed it out, my boob felt much better. So please tell me did it happen to you before? and is it normal???? TIA TIA!!!
    And by the way, my milk before was very fatty.

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Evan weaned when he was 13 months and he is almost 4 now. I know that up to about 6 months ago, if I squeezed, milk would come out. I guess I do not understand what you are meaning when you say 'oil.'

3. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Oh, the things we share after we have kids... so here I go. I leak, too. I only pumped for five weeks after the girls were born and then quit cold turkey. They're two years old now and I can still squeeze some of that clear, oily looking stuff. I was talking about it one day with the lady we bought our house from (see, the things we share!) and she was telling me that she still gets let down and some discharge. Her youngest is 24!

I think it's totally normal.

4. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies! I am calm now. I said OIl i mean it tasted like oil. But i think its in fat form. It felt like cooking oil. I tasted it . It tasted like oil as well. I still squeezed it this morning, them milk came out, very little oil came out though. Thank you so much!

1 person likes this.