Ladies, let's be honest.

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jesstheca, Jun 25, 2008.

1. jesstheca

jesstheca Well-Known Member

I gained 80 (I delivered at 35 weeks), 40 of which were in the last four weeks due to my pregnancy BFF, preeclampsia.

How long did it take you to lose said pregnancy weight?

I lose 70 pounds in the first two weeks--anyone else have a similar experience?

2. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

I gained 50 (delivered at 36 w 4 d) lost 40 by my 6 week follow up... i would guess i have 7 more to go (DH doesn’t like scales in the house)... i only fit in my 6's non of my 4's and i laugh at my 2's

Elizabeth

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I gained 50lbs and delivered at 36 weeks-I have lost it all plus 5lbs-but I think some of that has to do with stress! I am slowly getting my appetite back so I better be careful or before I know it it will be back!
    BTW-I have done pretty much no working out because I work full time and cant figure out when I am supposed to find time to do that...sigh....
    Sounds like you are doing a great job losing that baby weight! 70lbs in two weeks! That is insane! Lucky!

4. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I only gained 14 pounds. I really struggled to put on weight with hyperemesis and bedrest. I also delivered at 30 weeks. I lost it all within about 6 weeks of the girls' birth. HOWEVER, I am 8 pounds above my prepregnancy weight now. NOT COOL. I used nursing as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted. I guess that was the wrong move. :rolleyes: Now that I'm weaning from the pump I'm going to have to get serious about getting myself back on track.

5. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

QUOTE(e mauro @ Jun 25 2008, 08:46 AM) [snapback]844744[/snapback]
    I gained 50 (delivered at 36 w 4 d) lost 40 by my 6 week follow up... i would guess i have 7 more to go (DH doesn’t like scales in the house)... i only fit in my 6's non of my 4's and i laugh at my 2's

Elizabeth

O.k. You just make me sick. :) Even when I was back down to my prepregnancy weight, my 6's wouldn't fit. I think my hips are too wide now. I'm afraid I'll never be a 6 again.

6. Lynner405

Lynner405 Well-Known Member

I gained 45 lbs and I had 10 lbs to lose when I came home from the hospital. My weight now is where it was at before I got pregnant with my older son.....how that happened I have no idea.

7. mommymauro

QUOTE(Beth*J @ Jun 25 2008, 08:53 AM) [snapback]844766[/snapback]
    O.k. You just make me sick. :) Even when I was back down to my prepregnancy weight, my 6's wouldn't fit. I think my hips are too wide now. I'm afraid I'll never be a 6 again.

i have a feeling i wont ever get in my 4's again... i think my hips widen too as i dont think 7 pound would pad my hips THAT much... i can get then up over my thighs but the button is a mile away... but i too haven’t started working out yet... tooo tired... so maybe when i start jogging again... you know when they hit college… then I’ll be too old… OYE!

8. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I gained 38 pounds or so. I had an extra 8 pounds on before the pg. I had put on the 8 pounds during the end of the IF treatments. I lost all of the pg and pre-pg extra weight due to breast milk oversupply. I pumped exclusively for 6 months, so babies didn't regulate me. Making that much milk turned out to be a real calorie/fat burner - although unintentional.

9. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

I gained 35lbs, delivered at 37 1/2 weeks. I lost 45lbs within two weeks after delivery. I was overweight to begin with and I'm still working on losing 25lbs. Right now I'm able to squeeze into size 10 and I'll be thrilled to be able to get in my 8's. When I was younger, I was very thin - 5'8' 115lbs, now I'm working on getting fit instead of being skinny.

10. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Jess- I love you. I gained 88 lbs and delivered at 35 weeks too. Very similar situation. I still have 15 to go.. it's not budging. I left the hospital 40 lbs lighter than when I went in. Swollen city and just a pig :) Ha.

11. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Beth*J @ Jun 25 2008, 08:53 AM) [snapback]844766[/snapback]

You both make me laugh...I haven't been in a 6 since I was 14! I'm a size 10 girl and have been for years now.

I gained 55lbs with the boys, and lost about 40-45lbs the first 3 months. Lost the rest by the time I was 8 months pp. Finally fit into my prepreg jeans when the boys turned 1(the hips took a while to go back) and then found out I was pregnant again...go figure. I've already gained 17lbs so far!

12. mommymauro

I have to add what I think is interesting… with my son I was only 22 when I was prego with him and then I was 23 when he was born (so young fast metabolism…right) well I gained 80 with him… and he went to 36 w exactly… lost 40 in the hospital and another 20 by 2 weeks… BUT that last 20 never came off till he went to preschool and I could hit the gym… I find it quite interesting that I gain soooo much more with a singleton and couldn’t lose it so young…and with my twins I gained less (as I had 12 pounds of baby in me and my son was only 6) and lost it faster (might I add with out trying)

Like I said… I find it interesting :pardon: …

Elizabeth

13. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

I gained 30 lbs by the time I delivered at 37w5d & was down 45 lbs by 3 wks PP! Between pumping/nursing & not eating, it just fell right off! At my 6w PP check up, I was down 20 lbs below my pre-preg weight....but....then my normal metabolism & appetite came back! NOW I'm about 10 lbs below my pre-preg weight, but I still have another 20 lbs to drop to get to my 'goal'. I'm not working hard at that though......

All this talk of size 6s makes me sick ;). I'm happy to fit into my 10s & still have my 8s tucked away for the rare chance that I'll EVER fit into those again (I have these new, wide hips & lots of TWIN SKIN flab!)....

14. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

I gained 55lbs. I lost most of the weight by two months and now at 7 months I'm below my pre-pregnancy weight, not sure how....I hardly have time to workout!

15. mommymauro

QUOTE(snoopytwins @ Jun 25 2008, 09:08 AM) [snapback]844806[/snapback]
    Finally fit into my prepreg jeans when the boys turned 1(the hips took a while to go back)

i wonder... if your hip expand... can they go back? i would be satisfied getting back into my skinny jeans at a year... the prospect of not ever getting back in kind of makes me sad... but luckily DH is a cubby chaser.... those Italian men like you lumpy… yep he’s a lumpy lover…

16. jesstheca

jesstheca Well-Known Member

So I lost 70 pounds in two weeks and by six weeks I was at my pre-preg weight, which stunned me. I've been pumping for nine months and have lost 100 pounds since delivery and am a good 25 pounds lighter than before getting pregnant. I eat an atrocious diet of mostly chocolate and the only exercise I get is hefting my baby babes around. I haven't been this thin since high school so I love it but I FEAR the revenge of a normal person's metabolism when I stop pumping.

17. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

I gained 40, but not for lack of stuffing my face. They ate it all. I lost 24 in the hospital, but it took me way more than 6 months to lose the rest. Then around a year I got below my pre-pregnancy weight. Sad to say, that didn't last.

18. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

I gained about 70 lbs...I was on strict hospital bedrest for almost 8 weeks and was only allowed out of the bed to go to the bathroom. I lost almost all of that, still have about 15 more to go (got lazy for a bit!)

19. hilly

hilly Well-Known Member

66 total I think, delivered at 36 weeks, 25-30 of which were in the last 3 weeks due to pre-e.

20. brlowe

brlowe Well-Known Member

I gained 55 pounds with the girls and lost 40lbs in a week. I still have about 3 lbs to go, but I'm not worried about it since I'm still BF. Breast milk weighs 3 lbs, right? B)

21. asahlin

asahlin Well-Known Member

i gained 25, and I have continued to gain since, another 20 lbs. I feel like a fatty :( :(

22. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

I really struggled with nausea and headaches, I gained 17 with my boys, delivered at 35 weeks. By 6 weeks I had lost 30 pounds total. Twin pregnancy was a great weight loss strategy for me.

23. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

Gained 50 lbs. I lost 30 right away and have been stalled there since!! I also want to lose 10 lbs past my prepreg weight, so I have about 30 more lbs to go.

24. kristy horner

kristy horner Well-Known Member

Up until month 6 I had gained 30 lbs. I delivered at 35 weeks, with a total weight gain of about 85 lbs...so about 55 lbs in a month which was all fluid! I lost it all within 2 months with no dieting (who has time for that) and then some..but have since gained about 5 lbs...so I'm right about where I was prepreg..

25. pigsocks

pigsocks Well-Known Member

I gained 60lbs delivered at 35 weeks 3 days. Lost 30 lbs in two weeks and have stalled there.

26. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

With the twins I only gained 24 pounds. GD to blame for that. The hospital put me on a diet. I actualy didn't lose much after delivery. After 1 year I started working out & lost a ton of weight. The hips will go down, but they take alot of work. I was skinnier than I had ever been.

Gained 40 pounds with Cody. Go figure. Still trying to lose that. With 3 kids at home & working full time I haven't been able to do my pilates. Hopefully soon.

27. twinmom51

twinmom51 Well-Known Member

I only gained 11lbs during my pregnancy - not for lack of trying. I just ate healthier. 2 weeks after delivery I was down 40lbs. I have put a few back on, but now at 8 weeks, I am down a net of 38lbs - Not really sure how - probably like pp no time to eat....

28. asahlin

asahlin Well-Known Member

am I the only one who gained after giving birth?? I feel like crap

29. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

My doc's office official tally was 17 lbs, but I think it was closer to twenty. I delivered at 38 + 2 and the boys together weighed over 12 lbs. I went home from the hospital about 20 lbs below my pre-preg. weight. I am now about 25 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight, and I feel like I'm shrinking. I had to go out and buy new jeans because all my old ones were falling down. So I went out and bought new ones and now the new ones need a belt to stay put.

30. cole715

cole715 Well-Known Member

I gained 50 lbs and delivered at 38 weeks. I put most of it on after 28 weeks, when started restricted activity. I lost 40 lbs in the first two months. I still have the other 10 lbs.

31. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

I gained 30 (but I am only barely 5feet tall!) , and by the time they girls were 2 weeks old I was down 40+. BUT even being 10 lbs less, my body is SO different now.
    I also think, okay, KNOW, that my ppd had a lot to do w/ the weight loss. When I got home from the hospital & was totally overwhelmed I wasnt barely eating at all.
    Does anyone else feel like their rib cage is giant now compared to what it was like before?

32. jentwinmom

jentwinmom Well-Known Member

Pre-preganancy weight 145 (had been trying to lose 10 pounds FOREVER)
    Weight at delivery 198 (gain of 53 pounds @ 35 weeks 4 days)
    Current weight 132 (Thank you Lord)

I am thinking my weight loss is because of BF, so I think I will BF til they go to high school. : )

33. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

45 lbs at 36W3D
    lost 20lbs in 24 hours.
    was back in my prepregnancy jeans by my 6 week check up.

34. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I gained 42, and I'm still trying to get rid of it. I got within 2 pounds of my pre-preg weight last summer, now I'm more like 10 away. BF'ing didn't help me with weight loss, AT ALL.

35. eewelks

eewelks Well-Known Member

Pre-pregnancy weight: 117lbs
    Gained 34lbs by 39 weeks

Have lost all but 5lbs...can't shake it with BF AND running! What gives??? :blink: