Kolcraft Contours Options II Tandem

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by ECUBitzy, Jan 18, 2011.

1. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Kolcraft sent me a free Contours Options II Tandem and I just finished putting it together. My first impression is WOAH, that joker is huge. I mean HUUUGE. It's also grey and orange, so I'm going to have to put "Girl" signs above Alexis and Samantha's heads...

BUT, I'm stoked! I'd like to hear any feedback on this stroller, as I'm planning on giving this one or my Graco to the MOM group for our multiple family. Have you used this stroller? Do you know anybody who has? How would you rate it on ease of use, weight, durability, etc?

Please and thank you!

2. MistyP

MistyP Well-Known Member

Wow! How did you managing to get it for free?? That is one of the strollers I have been looking at online.....

3. ECUBitzy

Joelle (ShortStackJo) actually told me about this over a year ago.

Kolcraft has a contributions program. I don't remember if it was multiples specific or just a community giving thing, but I'd contacted them when my girls were born and I still hadn't bought any of the items I'd need for the girls. I had two pack-n-plays, two cribs, and the car seats. That was it! They offered to send bassinets (what they offer is based on what they have, I guess) and I declined, as I was going to use my pack-n-play instead. I just stumbled upon the lady's contact info again and shot her a quick email, she immediately responded to ask if I wanted the stroller. I paid $25 shipping and here it is!

I don't know much about the products yet, as this is my first Kolcraft item, but I am so impressed with the company! They're North Carolina-based (woo hoo!) and they have been nothing but amazing to deal with!

One of the wheels is a little wonky (won't latch quite right) so I'll be calling tomorrow to switch that out, but I am VERY impressed with the stroller's construction otherwise. It just seems heavy- that is my only concern so far. We're going to live it a few weeks before we decide which stroller to donate. I've never been excited by my Graco, so I'm excited to maybe upgrade.

(You didn't even ask me all that, sorry to ramble! I guess I'm excited!)

4. MistyP

MistyP Well-Known Member

That's great! We have carseats, a co-sleeper, and a pack-n-play. We probably won't be buying a stroller until well after the babies are born because DH's work is kind of iffy right now. I did mention $$ for a stroller to my mom since people have been asking her what we need/want.

5. KeriU

KeriU Well-Known Member

I have that exact stroller (red and black though) and I love it! It does seem large and takes up a lot of room ime.in the back of the vehicle, but it has been worth it. It turns and moves very easily. I like all the adjustments that can be made with the seats. I find it easy to push with one hand...which is good considering I am always holding a three year old's hand at the same time. My twins seem to enjoy it and are comfortable.

6. rkokinda

rkokinda Well-Known Member

I have the red and black one from last year and it is awesome. Luuuuuurve that stroller!

7. sdmommy

sdmommy Well-Known Member

I have the ruby one and I love it and would give it a 10.

It is a little heavy but taking out the seats helps to fit it better in the back of our van. The frame then becomes a lot smaller and easier to carry.

It is very easy to maneuver and you can do it one handed. I also have a 3 year old and I can either hold her hand or have her hold one of the side plastic handles (which she loves). I love that you can change the seats to go forward or back and the shade moves all the way forward and back too.

I also get a lot of compliments.

8. ECUBitzy

Ooh, y'all have me excited for a test drive! I hope the good weather here holds through the weekend so I can take my new wheels out for a spin! :) Thanks for the feedback!

9. liliana

liliana Well-Known Member

I like that stroller, I don't have it but I say in the internet. Can you tell me if I can use the graco car seats in that one!!!!!
    I am thinking in buy a stroller. I like graco because I have the car seats but I love that stroller

10. KendraR

KendraR New Member

I bought this stroller for my twins and I would say stay away! It started falling apart after 2 months of use. I'm currently shopping around for a new one. I was also very pro tandem stroller when I was shopping the first time. Now after owning one I'm definetly going with a side by side. Tandems are way to big and cumbersome for me.

11. rkokinda

rkokinda Well-Known Member

We used Graco Safeseats with it. Worked fine!