Kindergarten Roll Call 2010

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by twoin2005, Aug 10, 2010.

1. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

After all these topics on Kindergarten, I thought I would just see who is all starting Kinder here at TS!!! It seems we have a lot!

1) Will you go half day or full day?
    2) Will your kids be in the same class?
    3) When do you start?

2. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Abby and Gabe are starting the young 5's Kindergarten this year. It'll be quite the adjustment to go from 3 days of daycare that thy are used to to going everyday.

1) We haven't officially been told if they are am or pm yet, but I enrolled them in K-care (before/after school care for the kindergarteners) and they had a "secret list". They told me last week that they are AM.

2) Yes, they'll most likely be in the same class because of the the lower numbers enrolled in the Young 5's KG, they only have one am class and one pm class per building.

3) School starts Sept. 7th here.

3. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

1. My girls will be going to full day kindergarten.
    2. They will be in separate classes. I think both my girls are looking forward to not being together.
    3. They start school on September 7th.

I'm waiting to find out which teachers they have. Not that I really know the different teachers. Their school also does color codes the kindergarten class for the first day. Every student and the teacher is supposed to wear a certain color. There is ballons of that color outside the classroom so they know where to go. I want to know what color so we can go shopping for a first day of school outfit.

4. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

1) 1/2 day
    2) Seperate classes
    3) Sept. 9th

The kids will go to our neighborhood school, but I also teach there. I used to teach K, so my good friends are all still down there and I know who their teachers are. The rest of the school finds out the Friday before Labor Day. There are no am/pm classes. They are all am.

My kids will go to the after school child care at our school until my students (first grade) get out at 2:15. Then they can come hang in my classroom until we go home.

5. debid

debid Well-Known Member

1) Full day (no other options here)
    2) Same class
    3) We're in our 2nd week already. So far, so good!

6. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

1. Full day (7:45-2:35)
    2. Same class
    3. We start Aug 23rd

7. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Andrew and Catherine are starting this year too :) They will go full day starting on the 23rd. They are in the same class.

8. Stellaluna

Stellaluna Well-Known Member

K is five days a week, three full days, and two half days. I am keeping them together and the first day is Sept. 7th.
    (I can not believe it!!! I will be wearing sunglasses that day so they do not see me cry!!) :cry:

9. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ours is half day
    Same class (there is only 1 kindergarten teacher, I thought about separating them but that would have made one am and one pm...no thank you!)
    Our reg school starts Aug 30th but kinders don't start till Sept 2 (they go for that thurs, then have Fri-Mon off and don't go back till Tues...weird)

10. frickandfrack

frickandfrack Well-Known Member

I feel like this is such a milestone! So excited for them.

Full day [8 - 2:45] is our only option
    Separate
    30 Aug

11. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

I can't believe my last babies are entering K! It's full day here (7:45 to 2:30), they will be together and they start next Wed Aug 18th.

12. kimr

kimr Well-Known Member

1. Full Day
    2. Separate
    3. August 25th

13. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

Full day (8:30-2:45) :(
    Same Class
    September 7th

I so wish our Kindergarten was half day!

14. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

1) Full day
    2) Same class.
    3) We don't start soon enough ;) August 31st.

I have no idea when we find out which teacher they'll have. Their pre-K teacher from last year moved up to kindergarten. I kind of hope they have her as she knows them pretty well and knows William's "issues" (mostly fine motor and speech stuff).

15. SweetPeaTwinsx2

SweetPeaTwinsx2 Well-Known Member

Lauren and Madison start this year!! I can't believe it!!

1) They are half day.
    2) Same class (I dont think they would do well otherwise.)
    3) Aug 23 is the official start date but they will have a short day the first day then do their K testing one day that week then the following week will be their first full week!

16. Jen620

Jen620 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Jo will start this year.

1. She'll go all day.
    2. n/a :(
    3. September 7

17. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

We (and, no, this is not the mommy "we" ;) ) start this year! We are going to homeschool, so it really is all of us starting school.

1) It will vary depending on what we are doing and what activities will be going on. But, the scheduled, everyday stuff will be about a 1/2 day.
    2) Together, obviously.
    3) We are starting on August 25! Not too much real work on the first day. Instead we are having a party and doing some fun activities and capping it all off with the diet coke and mentos experiment!

I am so excited to start. My mind is going crazy with all the planning!

18. kma13

kma13 Well-Known Member

We start On Sept 8th!
    1/2 Day am
    Separate classes
    It was important to have them separate and the principal honored that, if they were in the pm class they would be together.

I am shocked and sad and excited. I'll get through it though :panties: ! The adjustment to a new baby in Oct should distract me.

19. MeldieB

MeldieB Well-Known Member

We start Aug 27th -- kind of weird. It's a Friday. And then they have the weekend. First full week is Aug 30.
    My girls will be together.
    1/2 day -- no choice.

20. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

Full Day
    Not sure yet, but we have asked that they be separated.
    First day is August 30th but they have a Back to School Day on August 27th.

21. AliPaige717

AliPaige717 Well-Known Member

Alexandra and Paige are starting Kindergarten this year too:

1. They will be in Full Day K, the school day is 9:30 - 3:45 not including time on the bus.
    2. They will be separated, there are 4 different K classes at their school.
    3. They start on September 7

I am waiting to find out what classes they are in and what bus they will be on so that I know pick-up and drop-off times. The bus stop is close to the house so that is good but I will still walk them there everyday.

22. blessedby2

blessedby2 Well-Known Member

Add us to the list.

They will be starting on 8/24.
    They have full-day kindergarten (9:05 - 3:35).
    And, they will have different class rooms. Our school district automatically separate twins unless you write them a letter to keep them together, but we are fine with letting them have their own class. Based on their personalities, this will be good for them.

23. BellaRissa

BellaRissa Well-Known Member

I am so excited, nervous, nostalgic that this poignant day has come - I wanted my girls to stay little forever, but I love this age! They will have a home cooked hot lunch for as long as I can manage it & they are eating it. I have tons of recipes & some really cute thermos bowls. I will be taking them every day - I can't imagine them getting on & off a bus all by their little selves!

24. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

I'll jump in here too...but it's my "big girl" starting K

1) She'll be half day (2 1/2 hours, shorter than her preK class!)
    2) ---
    3) Sept 1
    I'm excited & nervous for her, she is unfazed as of now. :laughing:

the grass is always greener...I wish ours was full day.

I find myself thinking Rachel is too little for all this, and then I remind myself that I started K at 4 with an almost hour bus ride, and I did just fine.:D

25. momoftwingirls2005

momoftwingirls2005 Well-Known Member

Katlyn and Danielle will go a full day, they will be in seperate classes.
    We start school on August 23, 2010.. Just have to decide whether to pack lunches or let thme buy lunches.

26. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

No twins in K this year, 4th for us. :( But Peyton is starting K.

She starts August 30th, and she is in the PM class.

27. avaoliviamom

avaoliviamom Well-Known Member

Been awhile since I've been here on TS.

My girls start K on Sept 2
    Half day in the am
    Different classes

I am excited for them, it seems like only yesterday when I was up all night with them!!!

28. LouCee

LouCee Well-Known Member

I haven't posted in such a long time - I still have a 3-year ticker. :blush:

1) They will be going for the fully day - 8:30 - 2:50
    2) No, one is in a general ed class, the other in a 12:1:1 special ed class
    3) 1/2 day Sept 8 & 13, then fulltime on Sept 14. The school is closed Sept 9 and 10.

29. bkimberly

bkimberly Well-Known Member

1. Full day for us!
    2. Same class, I felt with a recent move and all the new transitions it was important to keep them together.
    3. The first day is August 27th. I will be the momma with tears, cheers and maybe a few beers to celebrate/commiserate with!

30. **Sandy**

**Sandy** Well-Known Member

I have not posted here in ages, but now that my girls are 5 and starting school, I thought I would check out the boards.

1. Full day.
    2. Separate classes. I really struggled over this decision. I feel like the separation is best for my girls, but am nervous about it.
    3. First day is August 24.

31. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

My girls just started on Tuesday, August 17.
    They are in different classes (6 k classes at their school).
    8:20-2:32 full day program.

I didn't get to take them for their first day of school since I teach and needed to start with my students. Dh had the job of sending the girls off on their first day. He was tearing up as he watched them walk down the hallway to their classrooms. So far Peyton has not complained about going to school, but each morning Paige has been in tears. She is upset with the short lunch and the lunch room monitor who she says yells on the microphone. I am hoping that next week has a smoother start for Paige.

32. Tivanni

Tivanni Well-Known Member

Full day (7:35am-2:10pm)
    Separated
    Started August 18th

33. BRMommy

BRMommy Well-Known Member

1) Full Day
    2) Separate classes
    3) September 7th.

34. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member