Keeping our fingers crossed

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by FGMH, Sep 25, 2013.

1. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I just need to share this and get some support but we are not ready for sharing in real life but it looks like I am pregnant. We had 3 early miscarriages after the twins but this time feels different: I am 6 weeks and have very strong nausea (even worse than with the twins) and fatigue both of which I am taking as good signs - although it makes it hard to keep things secret.

DH is being very cautious and telling me not to be optimistic to spare us more heartache, but I feel I need to hope with all my heart. I am going for an early ultrasound on Friday, right before we leave for a week at the seaside, but I am hoping to see a heartbeat so I can relax a bit and enjoy the vacation.

2. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Congrats! Best wishes on your pregnancy! I'm so sorry about your 3 miscarriages. I hope your u/s goes wonderful Friday. Update us.

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug:  I am so sorry to hear of the miscarriages.  Please update us with your appointment on Friday!  I wish you all the best with your pregnancy.

4. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

Thinking about you. Hoping you get good news on Friday.

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yay! I am happy to hear this time feels different. In hindsight, the broken foot might have been a good thing. ;)

6. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Yay!!

Fingers are crossed for you! I know how scary a pregnancy can be after 1 miscarriage, much less 3. :hug:

7. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I hope all goes well with your pregnancy! Good luck with your appointment and have fun on vacation.

8. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Great news! I hope for a safe and smooth pregnancy for you.

9. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!!  Both of my m/c I knew what had happened before I went to the dr because all my pregnancy symptoms completely disappeared overnight.  I felt much more reassured with the twins because my symptoms started strong and stayed strong.  Many prayers for a sticky bean this time for you!! :)

10. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Fantastic news - congratulations!  Sending prayers for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy!!

11. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Sending sticky vibes!!

12. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for your good wishes! Yes, Michelle, I felt the same way - even the broken foot might have had benefits.

Looking forward to tomorrow's appointment. I may not be able to update right away because we will be leaving for our vacation once I come home but I will let you know.

13. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Oooooh! THIS is why we needed to fix your login! CONGRATS!!!

14. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Happy news! We have one lovely heartbeat and everything looks fine this time!

I am sorry it took me so long to update - we had chosen a vacation destination with no wireless access and little mobile coverage because we really needed some peace and no interruptions from our offices, but it also meant that I could not get on TS. The vacation was great, we took the kids to the seaside for the first time and they loved it even though it was too cold to bathe or even paddle, and DH and I had long peaceful evenings with books and plenty of chat. The long drives were difficult with my nausea and the all-day sickness also meant that I could not enjoy the fresh seafood as I would have otherwise but that is a small sacrifice.

Edited for typos.

2 people like this.
  15. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That's great news! I hope the nausea stops soon for you though. :hug:

16. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yay for a happy healthy bean!! :hug:

17. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

So happy for y'all!

Hope you start feeling better soon. :hug:

18. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: Congratulations!

19. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Amazing...glad you got to enjoy your vacation!
    How far long are you?

I understand about not being able to enjoy the seafood, my sister put together, what my kids call, a lobster feast! I enjoyed rice, spinach salad and water. Haha! My kids were confused why I wasn't indulging.

20. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

9 weeks today.

21. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Yay! How are you feeling?

22. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Happy and increasingly optimistic as I am recognizing my body's pregnancy signs, but the nausea is really bad, far worse than with the twins: I am living on oatmeal, dry toast and water most days which is not a lot of fun.