Keeping babies cold-free when mom is sick

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by leaudemiel, Sep 30, 2010.

1. leaudemiel

leaudemiel Well-Known Member

I've got a cold. Its uncomfortable and gross. I will go to the doc to make sure its not strep... But what do you do to make sure the babes dont get it? I wash my hands constantly, careful with kisses...

Stupid sick season!!

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I wash my hands, make sure to cough and sneeze into my elbow (a little hard to catch sneezes in time, but I try), do quick kisses and I would also make sure to wipe down their hands too from when they would touch me. Hope you feel better soon!

3. jromkey

jromkey Well-Known Member

Nancy has given you great advice so not much to add other than hope you're feeling better soon and that the babies don't get sick as well!! :hug:

4. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

I got cold couple times. I gave them lot lot of ebm and they didn't get sick at all. Hope yo feel better soon and your little ppl won't get sick

5. ladypotter

ladypotter Well-Known Member

I agree with the pp's. I had a cold a couple weeks back and did all those things and the girls did not get sick. Worse case, you could also wear a mask like the nurses do (you can get them just about everywhere) especially if your having to breath through your mouth a lot if your stuffed up. I keep a big bottle of pump action germ-x by my side table where I sit during the day with them since my girls are still not mobile.

6. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with pp. When I get colds, I just assume everyone is going to get it. :shrug: I stay home with them all day, it's bound to happen. But I NEVER get a cold from them. Weird. I only get colds about twice a year though, so it's not huge. But they do seem to get it worse than I do.

I hope you feel better!