just starting toll to stomach during sleep and getting UNCOMFORTABLE AND STUCK!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by lbzg, Nov 28, 2010.

1. lbzg

lbzg Well-Known Member

OK ANYONE EXPERIENCE THIS? SHE ROLLS TO HER STOMACH AND GETS STUCK AND CANT ROLL BACK AND DOESNT KNOW HOW TO GET CONFORTABLE AND CANT SUCK HER THUMB WHILE ON STOMACH...WHAT TO DO?

2. Eribour

Eribour Well-Known Member

Mine are the opposite. They sleep on their bellies, and have since birth (I know back is best, but they WOULD NOT sleep at all). They flip over onto their backs and can't flip back over to their belly. They end up crying until I go and fix it.

3. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

In my experience it's best to let them work it out. One of my girls just started this within the last few days. She will roll to her belly get stuck and cry. I let her fuss for a minute to see if she can find a comfortable position for her head. If she keeps it up then I go in and help her. She needs to learn to make herself comfortable. Eventually they will figure out to turn their head and suck their thumb or paci and go back to sleep.

4. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This was kind of a terrifying stage for us because Miles would roll onto his belly and want to sleep face down and he'd get stuck! But they sort of figure it out after a few days... they learn to turn their head to the side so they're comfortable.

5. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Totally agree! They will learn how to survive fast. You just watch them over baby video monitor or peek in from the door in case they need help. My girl loves to sleep on her tummy (all reflux babies like to sleep that way)