Just had 1st peri. appt.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by rhc0607, Apr 8, 2009.

1. rhc0607

rhc0607 Well-Known Member

Just had my first peri appt. and the boys are looking good except for baby A's left kidney is a little dilated, so that has to be monitored. Baby A is measuring a week ahead and weighs 1lb. 11oz. Baby B is right on schedule and weighs 1lb. 5 oz. Baby A is vertex and Baby B is transverse, his head is right below the right side of my ribs. Next appt. is in 3 weeks!!

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: :Clap: I'm glad to hear everything is looking good!! I hope that everything turns out okay with Baby A's kidney. :hug:

3. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Apr 8 2009, 09:19 PM) [snapback]1264678[/snapback]
    :Clap: :Clap: I'm glad to hear everything is looking good!! I hope that everything turns out okay with Baby A's kidney. :hug:

Yeah ditto that! Glad you had a good appointment
    x

4. fromthecabbagepatch

fromthecabbagepatch Well-Known Member

QUOTE(rhc0607 @ Apr 8 2009, 03:17 PM) [snapback]1264672[/snapback]
    Just had my first peri appt. and the boys are looking good except for baby A's left kidney is a little dilated, so that has to be monitored. Baby A is measuring a week ahead and weighs 1lb. 11oz. Baby B is right on schedule and weighs 1lb. 5 oz. Baby A is vertex and Baby B is transverse, his head is right below the right side of my ribs. Next appt. is in 3 weeks!!

I think our due dates are within a day of eachother. :)

My daughter was born with an enlarged/dialated kidney. She had SUA.. single umbelical artery. Or only one artery instead of 2 in the cord, but we didn't find out until after birth. This may or may not have been the cause for the enlarged kidney... Her doctor told me that alot of newborns are born with dialted kidneys. We just had her monitored for several months via ultrasound. Each time we went to have it checked it showed it was shrinking (at 6 months we didn't have to go have them anymore). Hope that puts you a little at ease!

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Glad to hear everything is looking good! :Clap: