Just found out we're having twins...Oh boy!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by sumerlinzi, Mar 14, 2008.

1. sumerlinzi

sumerlinzi Member

So glad I was introduced to this site! Hubby and I are 7weeks pregnant and just saw our two little beating hearts on u/s Wednesday. I have no idea what to expect! Last year, unfortunately, I had 2 early miscarriages...and now we got the 2 for 1 deal! hehe :icon_biggrin:

I have so many questions I don't even know where to begin....my head is swimming. I just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you to all the ladies that have posted here! If anyone has some thoughts they'd like to share with me - things that they were worried about initially and found comfort in knowing...PLEASE SHARE!! I'm so scared and nervous and excited and happy and everything all at once! I just pray with all my heart they both stay safe and healthy and I'm able to carry both!

Summer :)

2. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world of twins ! You've come to the right place, these ladies will treat you right and will put your mind at ease.
    My advice is to just stay calm and learn all you can from the resident experts here ... :)

3. yaniah

yaniah Well-Known Member

QUOTE(sumerlinzi @ Mar 14 2008, 05:00 PM) [snapback]669643[/snapback]
    So glad I was introduced to this site! Hubby and I are 7weeks pregnant and just saw our two little beating hearts on u/s Wednesday. I have no idea what to expect! Last year, unfortunately, I had 2 early miscarriages...and now we got the 2 for 1 deal! hehe :icon_biggrin:

I have so many questions I don't even know where to begin....my head is swimming. I just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you to all the ladies that have posted here! If anyone has some thoughts they'd like to share with me - things that they were worried about initially and found comfort in knowing...PLEASE SHARE!! I'm so scared and nervous and excited and happy and everything all at once! I just pray with all my heart they both stay safe and healthy and I'm able to carry both!

Welcome to TS and congrats!!

4. mommyto8

mommyto8 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board.. and congrats on your twins. This is a wonderful board.

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(sumerlinzi @ Mar 14 2008, 06:00 PM) [snapback]669643[/snapback]
    I'm so scared and nervous and excited and happy and everything all at once!

That sounds just about right! :) Welcome to TS Summer, and congrats on your twins!!! :Clap:

6. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

:wavey: and :sign0016:
    Elizabeth

7. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

welcome! dont be afraid to ask any questions! these ladies are amazing at answering all twin questions:)

8. lhoran

lhoran Well-Known Member

Congratulations. What news! We never expected twins. I remember seeing those 2 circles on the us and having a million thoughts go through my head. It seems like yesterday---time flies. Enjoy every moment. It's such a gift to have twins.

Lisa

9. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Welcome and congratulations! I hope everything goes smoothly for you, Lisa

10. LillyWhite1

LillyWhite1 Well-Known Member

Welcome and congrats! The people here are wonderful!

I recommend you pick up Dr. Barbara Luke's book on twins, triplets, and other multiples as a resource. Just don't take her diet quantities seriously, they are way over the top. But it's a great guideline. Also, I recommend Baby Bargains for researching your baby gear needs.

Good luck!

11. Mrs. Johnny

Mrs. Johnny Well-Known Member

Hi Summer! Congrats and welcome to TS! This is a great site. You found the right site to ask all kinds of questions
    and to vent :). I remember feeling the same way when I found out we were having twins. It's a wild feeling!
    It took me a handful of weeks to take it all in :). It's exciting though too! Good-luck with your pregnancy, you will
    be in my prayers!

Tina

12. DMBMom40

DMBMom40 Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]Hi Summer!! Congratulations on your twins and welcome to TS. You will find a wealth of information here as well as lots of willing "ears" when you're worried.

I felt the same way when we found out at 6 weeks that I was having twins . . .excited, scared, worried, anxious, overwhelmed. . . all at once and occasionally I find myself back there but I'm now really beginning to enjoy this pregnancy and learning that all the worrying in the world isn't going to change a whole lot of anything. I agree with a PP about Dr. Barbara Luke's book. It has been a great reference.

Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful and uneventful pregnancy. :D
    [/SIZE]

13. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

Hi Summer!

Congrats and welcome to TS!!!

Glad you found this site. All the people her are great! There is so much support and advice that you can get!

Hope that your pregnancy goes well :)

14. SommerNyte

SommerNyte Well-Known Member

Are you from OS? I recognize the username. :) Welcome, and congrats!

15. sumerlinzi

sumerlinzi Member

Thank you ladies so much for the warm welcome! It's nice to be around those who have been there, done that! :D

Sommer: I am from OS and I immediately thought of you when we found out we were having twins! lol I thought wow, what are the odds? hehe :) It's nice to see a "familiar" face here.

16. babydrivers

babydrivers Well-Known Member

Congrats! You will LOVE this site...it can be addictive. I've learned a lot just by reading the posts. Of course, I've also had some questions of my own. You'll find a wealth of info and tons of support!

It took nearly a month for my husband and I to process the idea of having TWINS! Sometimes, we still look at each other and just shake our heads. It certainly is a great adventure. Enjoy the ride...Stay calm...Take one day at a time....and drink lots of water - it's a great remedy for nearly everything!

Good luck to you!

17. sld17

sld17 Active Member

Hi and Welcome!

No great words of wisdom here except a little bit of an anecdote . . . as you see from my screen name I am a twin having twins. My mom had 2 healthy children before beginning to have problems with miscarriages. She lost one at 4 1/2 months before my older sister was born. It had been 5 years since my mom held a baby in her arms. After my sister was born, my mom had 2 more miscarriages before conceiving my twin sister and me. She had a healthy pregnancy with us and delivered 2 healthy girls at 38 weeks. It wasn't until I was in my 20s that my mom told me how she saw my older sister, my twin sister and me as such "gifts" since we came after her losses. God gave her back each one he took away . . .

I don't think it is a coincidence that you had 2 miscarriages and now are pregnant with twins. Stay positive and think if this story. I do so often. My mom was told she couldn't carry any more babies to full-term before she has us. I think we were 2 little miracles to her. Every baby is a miracle in my mind, but some carry with them some very special stories . . .

18. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Conratulations and :sign0016: to twinstuff!! x

19. monik

monik Well-Known Member

How exciting! :sign0016:

20. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

Congrats Summer! I recognized your name from OS also (I'm luckylily over there). Welcome to TS!

21. heatherlfd

heatherlfd Member

Hi, Summer! Congratulations! It can be quite shocking news at first! My husband and I also found out on Wednesday that we are having twins. We also have suffered 2 miscarriages in years past. I was, and still am, completely shocked. I am 7 weeks. Anyway, I have been reading here and it really is filled with some great advice. I wish you and your husband the best of luck!

Heather

22. SommerNyte

SommerNyte Well-Known Member

QUOTE(sumerlinzi @ Mar 15 2008, 02:58 PM) [snapback]670254[/snapback]
    Sommer: I am from OS and I immediately thought of you when we found out we were having twins! lol I thought wow, what are the odds? hehe :) It's nice to see a "familiar" face here.
    That is funny! :icon_biggrin:

23. All Boys

All Boys Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS and Welcome!

24. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Hi and Welcome to TS. This is a great place to ask anything.

25. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome to TS! How exciting to see those two little beans. We look forward to getting to know you and celebrating your milestones.

26. kiks

kiks New Member

QUOTE(sumerlinzi @ Mar 14 2008, 05:00 PM) [snapback]669643[/snapback]

27. kiks

kiks New Member

Congratulations! I just found out I'm 7 weeks pregnant with twins! Very exciting but scary too. Just got to go with the flow and not get too stressed. I was depressed with morning sickness Saturday and thought if this keeps up I'm in trouble but I've had two days of relief. Yay!

28. CatholicMom

CatholicMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinhavingtwins @ Mar 15 2008, 12:39 PM) [snapback]670379[/snapback]
    Hi and Welcome!

No great words of wisdom here except a little bit of an anecdote . . . as you see from my screen name I am a twin having twins. My mom had 2 healthy children before beginning to have problems with miscarriages. She lost one at 4 1/2 months before my older sister was born. It had been 5 years since my mom held a baby in her arms. After my sister was born, my mom had 2 more miscarriages before conceiving my twin sister and me. She had a healthy pregnancy with us and delivered 2 healthy girls at 38 weeks. It wasn't until I was in my 20s that my mom told me how she saw my older sister, my twin sister and me as such "gifts" since we came after her losses. God gave her back each one he took away . . .

I don't think it is a coincidence that you had 2 miscarriages and now are pregnant with twins. Stay positive and think if this story. I do so often. My mom was told she couldn't carry any more babies to full-term before she has us. I think we were 2 little miracles to her. Every baby is a miracle in my mind, but some carry with them some very special stories . . .

Beautiful post!!!

29. Lizzybo

Lizzybo Well-Known Member

Congratulations on being blessed with twins! :)