just found out we lost twin at 18 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by hope2311, Mar 9, 2009.

1. hope2311

hope2311 Member

We just found out today via sonogram that we lost one of our babys. I am just about 18 weeks pregnant and was very shocked
    by this. I am concerned about the other baby (A). They said that the risk of miscarriage is slightly higher. Has anyone miscarried
    late and the second baby is ok? I am very sad but also very concerned for the other baby.

Hope

2. BounceTigger

BounceTigger Well-Known Member

I have no experience, but I just wanted to give you a :hug: and let you know that you and Baby A are in my thoughts

3. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm so sorry.

4. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

5. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry, Hope. :hug: Sending positive thoughts for you and baby A.

6. mkcondrey

mkcondrey Well-Known Member

QUOTE(hopeblessed @ Mar 9 2009, 04:01 PM) [snapback]1220721[/snapback]
    We just found out today via sonogram that we lost one of our babys. I am just about 18 weeks pregnant and was very shocked
    by this. I am concerned about the other baby (A). They said that the risk of miscarriage is slightly higher. Has anyone miscarried
    late and the second baby is ok? I am very sad but also very concerned for the other baby.

Hope

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and Baby A. Did the Dr indicate to you what happened?

7. lorinboyett

lorinboyett Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss :hug:

8. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

sorry for your loss! :hug:

9. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

:hug: I am so incredibly sorry to hear about your loss! :cry: I have no experience, but just wanted to send many,many :hug: your way!

10. beckylynn

beckylynn Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, I am so so sorry. Hugs to you!!

11. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

There are no words :hug:

12. scorpion509

scorpion509 Well-Known Member

I am sorry about your loss.

13. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your loss. :( :hug:

14. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

so sorry for your loss. :hug:
    I know several ladies who lost one twin and carried the other baby full term with no problems.
    Our Parental Grief forum is there for you. Please feel free to stop by anytime.

15. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Hope,
    I am so so sorry to hear about your loss :hug: I will be keeping you in my thoughts :hug:

16. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I am very sorry for your loss. :hug:

17. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Oh honey! I am so sorry about the loss of your little one!!! I will pray that you will carry your Baby A full-term and all will go well til the end.

18. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have also read about other women who have lost one twin but go on to deliver a healthy baby. My thoughts are with you!

19. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, I hope all goes well with the rest of your pregnancy.

Jen

20. sv2001302

sv2001302 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss! :hug: :hug: :hug: My own experience won't help much because we lost our daughter the day we had the twins, but i do know of one mom that lost one of her twins at 23.5 weeks and carried them 10 more weeks. I believe she had di-di twin girls. Do you by chance know what your twins are? I do also recommend the parental grieving board also on twinstuff...there's some wonderful people on there. i found this on baby center, but it doesn't say too much. Again, i am so sorry.

21. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Did they indicate when the loss may have occurred and whether absorption took place? That might impact your risk factor. I wish you all the best with your other baby and I am just so sad that this happened to you.

22. caba

caba Banned

I am so so sorry.

23. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your loss. :hug:

24. tttsRN

tttsRN New Member

Hope...first all I can say is I know your heart must be aching.....Hugs and kisses....

Did they every tell you if you have one or 2 placenta's? If one....your surviving twin should be monitored very close....

Please make sure to ask your doctor about this...

Karen

25. angieb1979

angieb1979 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.

26. kturley

kturley Active Member

QUOTE(sv2001302 @ Mar 9 2009, 02:51 PM) [snapback]1220824[/snapback]
    I am so sorry for your loss! :hug: :hug: :hug: My own experience won't help much because we lost our daughter the day we had the twins, but i do know of one mom that lost one of her twins at 23.5 weeks and carried them 10 more weeks. I believe she had di-di twin girls. Do you by chance know what your twins are? I do also recommend the parental grieving board also on twinstuff...there's some wonderful people on there. i found this on baby center, but it doesn't say too much. Again, i am so sorry.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sending prayers and positive thoughts your way!!!

-Katy

27. Jen620

Jen620 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so sorry for your loss! Please come visit the Parental Grief Forum when you are ready.

There are many women at elimbo who have lost a baby at the same gestation as you who have carried to term successfuly. You may want to join and hear their stories. Here's a link to the site: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/eLIMBO/ (sorry...my computer isn't letting me hit the link button.)

So sorry! :hug:

28. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for you loss. :hug: :hug: I'm keeping you and baby A in my thoughts. :hug:

29. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so so sorry for your loss. I hope the surviving twin thrives and you have an uneventful rest of the pregnancy

30. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

:hug: I am so sorry!!

31. Momof2wonders

Momof2wonders Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]I am so very sorry for your loss :hug: [/SIZE]

32. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

Hope, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of one of your babies. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

33. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

I am so sorrry :hug:

34. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. I will keep you and Baby A in my thoughts.

35. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about your loss! Losing a baby is never easy and i pray that your other little one goes on to grow up healthy. My prayers are with you guys! :hug: