just curious whats everyones average BP?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by cottoncandysky, Apr 27, 2008.

1. cottoncandysky

cottoncandysky Well-Known Member

im on procardia to stop contractions, but its also supposed to help with BP. so my average when im DUE for a pill is 141/99 or so...has been has high as 148/108. about an hour after the pill its 120's/60s. ive started swelling in my legs all of a sudden too, which i know can just be part of being pregnant. my appt is next monday, do you think i should call and go in sooner. as long as im on the procardia its not high, but should i be worried about pre-e?

2. jec34e

jec34e Well-Known Member

Mine runs low, like 100/60 most of the time. I would call just for peace of mind and reassurance.

3. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

call the dr. that is very high, i was on bedrest and i tried to keep my bp down around 130/80...

Lay down on your left side as much as possible.

4. cottoncandysky

cottoncandysky Well-Known Member

guess i shall call him tomorrow morning. hopefully they wont put me in the hospital, that would bite.

5. jec34e

jec34e Well-Known Member

Maybe they can just give you the procardia more often and that will keep your blood pressure down? I hope they don't put you in the hospital either! Keep us updated on what the doctor says. :)

6. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I hope you called, that is high. Keep us posted, Lisa

7. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

QUOTE(5girlies @ Apr 28 2008, 07:12 AM) [snapback]743317[/snapback]
    I hope you called, that is high. Keep us posted, Lisa

Ditto!

Update please.. I hope you are okay!

8. theklafkas

theklafkas Well-Known Member

Mine usually runs around 120/65. I asked my doctor the last time I went what was considered high and he said anything 140/90 or higher!

9. mommyto8

mommyto8 Well-Known Member

oh wow.. thats is really high..I hope you have already called.. keep us posted..

mine runs 120/70 ish.

10. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Mine always runs low, and when I was on procardia it was really low (to the point the nurse was a little concerned).

11. horizon250

horizon250 Well-Known Member

since the procardia seems to bring it down maybe they'll shorten the time span in between doses. Preeclampsia is defined as bp greater than 160/100 WITH protein in the urine. Seems that your bp would be classified as pih (pregnancy induced hypertension) unless they found protein. Also in regards to swelling, facial swelling is pretty common with pre-e. good luck, i hope the doctor sees you early just to be on the safe side.