Just a brag...basking in a successful trip to the zoo (by myself)!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by jjzollman, Jul 11, 2010.

1. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Just had to brag!

My friend called my yesterday to see if I wanted to meet her, her two boys, and her mom at the zoo today. I told her thanks, but probably not. The little guys have been monsters out in public, they hate their stroller, and I just didn't think I could handle it. She said she completely understood, but if I changed my mind - let her know. Woke up today, couldn't shake the feeling that I really should at least give it a try. Bathed everyone, fed them lunch and headed out the door. Didn't even take a camera because I was positive we would get there, start walking around, and they would start demanding to walk and crying about being in their strollers. *Almost* changed my mind right before we left because they were fighting and crying and wanting to be held and I just pictured this horrible, hot, embarrassing tantrum at the zoo. But I headed out anyway, figuring if nothing else, we'll spend an hour in the car with peace and quiet!

Arrived at the zoo and proceeded to spend 4.5 HAPPY and FUN hours strolling through the zoo! :faint: It was wonderful! Lennon even rode a horse and aside from a few short whines from them that they wanted to ride, too, the entire day was wonderful! They were little angels - and made me look like a total liar in front of my friends! :rofl:

Just when I thought I couldn't handle them, they pulled through for me and we all had a great time. I am just so happy about it - I feel like I just won a race or something! And they got to have fun too - they loved all of the animals! :wub:

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: Jori!
    I thought of your thread yesterday because after I posted about my two, we took them to the movies and they were totally awesome in the theater! Aren't successful outings the best!

3. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

You go girl! Isn't it awesome when you go outside your comfort zone and it turns out well? Glad you had fun!

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: I'm so happy to hear they did so great! :wub: :hug: :hug:

5. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yayyyy!!

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:clapping: YEAH!!!

7. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: for a good time with them!