jogging mommies

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by kmbsonrisa, Feb 18, 2011.

1. kmbsonrisa

kmbsonrisa Well-Known Member

Hey guys! I guess this post is more for moms of 3-4 yr old twins. So our boys will be 2.5 in April. I was wondering how long you all were able to use your jogging strollers?

Also, are there any joggers out there that are made for kids 3 and up? I feel like mine will be a little big for it this summer but I would love to get by another summer of jogging with them. I would also be interested in purchasing another stroller if there are any out there built for 3-4 T.

2. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

My kids are not particularly big, but my husband did take them on a 5k father's day race in our DreamerDesigns ditto when they were 3.5. Each side of the DreamerDesigns held up to 50 lbs. I'm not sure if tall kids would still fit in it at 50 lbs.

3. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

We have the Bob, and I just took the kids out for a run the other day. They must be ~40 lbs each. Granted, it feels a bit like being a (reverse) rickshaw guy these days, but it works! :)

4. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

GREAT QUESTION... this morning i had to put on the big jackets for our run and they could barly move... i sure hope we can use it for atleast another year...

5. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

We sold our Bob when the girls were three and a half. Both DH and I could still run with them in the stroller, but we live on a dirt road now and it's a long drive to a decent path, so we gave up. However, we didn't have any problems running with them on pavement... I'm sure it depends on the stroller, but I think mine would have been good for another year at least (so until 4.5). Oh, I just checked, the Bob can handle up to 100 pounds of kids. That's a lot of years away for us.

6. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

i'm hoping to be able to use ours this summer for the last time (they'll be 3 1/2)

7. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I've never actually jogged with the twins, but we did a LOT of walking until they were at least 4. We have a Mountain Buggy. By around age 3 they were definitely sort of squished if they had their winter coats on, but it worked.

At age 5, they're still under 40 lbs each, but their heads don't fit under the canopy even though they're not very tall. We still use the stroller occasionally! (It is starting to seem a little silly, but they don't mind, and I prefer it to driving.)