IVF, natural

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by EmilyorMLE, May 8, 2009.

1. EmilyorMLE

EmilyorMLE Well-Known Member

I was just curious as to how many people used IVF or fertility meds and who had twins naturally. I was also curious as to how old everybody was when they conceived twins.

I was 22 when I found out I was pregnant with twins, and conceived naturally mono/di twins. These are our first babies. Sometimes I wonder if it would have been easier if I had ONE child first and then the twins. But then I think "i'd be chasing 3 around!"

2. fromthecabbagepatch

fromthecabbagepatch Well-Known Member

My babies aren't here yet, but I'm the opposite. I wonder what it would be like if I had the twins first and my singleton last!

Anyway, I'm having natural fraternal twins. I had a miscarriage before this pregnancy, waited 2 cycles and got pregnant again. I will always wonder if that had something to do with it or if I have naturally screwed up periods (dropping 2 eggs at once)...lol. No matter... my twin are (will be) a blessing!

3. bekkiz

bekkiz Well-Known Member

I got pregnant the first month off birth control (After being told I would have a very hard time concieving!) and I was 27. We're still waiting on the DNA test, but they were Di/Di.

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

we conceived our twins spontaneously when i was 27. they're id (mono/di).

sometimes i wonder if it would have been easier to have one baby first, then twins, or if having twins first is easier. frankly, i think it's probably hard no matter how you do it, it's just hard in different ways. :)

5. Sisrea

Sisrea Well-Known Member

I was 24 when i spontaneously concieved my mono/di twins.

6. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

I was 33; had IVF; fraternal twins.

PS-You gotta watch out using the term naturally a lot of people find it offensive. It just doesn't sound right to many to say that the babies are "unnatural." That's why you see people using the term spontaneous. :)

7. Queen of Carrots

Queen of Carrots Well-Known Member

28, spontaneous, fraternal. My mom had a twin pregnancy (lost one) so I'm sure I've got the twin genes.

I had two fifteen months apart already. It's six of one, half a dozen of the other. Seems like it would have been easier to survive the twin pregnancy without toddlers, though.

8. caba

caba Banned

For my first set, I was 32 when I concieved, 33 when I gave birth. It was IVF, and I have fraternal twins.

This set is a surrogacy for my sister, so I was 34 when I got pregnant. The babies are not mine biologically, so also IVF, and they are fraternal (b/g)

9. EmilyorMLE

EmilyorMLE Well-Known Member

QUOTE(sullivanre @ May 8 2009, 05:04 PM) [snapback]1306128[/snapback]
    PS-You gotta watch out using the term naturally a lot of people find it offensive. It just doesn't sound right to many to say that the babies are "unnatural." That's why you see people using the term spontaneous. :)

Sorry, I'm new to the twin thing. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it was not my intention!

10. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I was 31 when I conceived them spontaneously. 32 when I had them. They are identical di/di boys.

11. VivGuest

VivGuest Well-Known Member

26, spontaneous di/di twins. It was about 6 months after I went off BC, so I think that had something to do with it 'cause there's no history of twins. What ever it was, I'm glad it happened!

12. jen8675309

jen8675309 Well-Known Member

32 when I had them and I used IVF with ICSI---> my little miracles!!!

13. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

I was 28 when we spontaneously conceived di/di twins. dh and i are getting a dna test this summer. i don't think it would be easy to raise any number of children. they are all hard whether you have 1 or 20. :)

14. rumbo

rumbo Well-Known Member

I was 31 when I conceived spontaneously, and 32 when I had them. They are fraternal girls.

15. Lizzybo

Lizzybo Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter how, when, or anything. My boys are the joy of my life and have filled my life with happiness! :)

16. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I was 24 when I spontaneously conceived my mono/di identical girls despite being on birth control.

17. sullivanre

QUOTE(EmilyorMLE @ May 8 2009, 06:25 PM) [snapback]1306152[/snapback]
    Sorry, I'm new to the twin thing. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, it was not my intention!

You don't have to be sorry. You'll see this debate over and over again after you're here for a while. ;) It's not a big deal to me, but I know a lot of women who struggled with infertility who cringe a little when they hear that.

18. Sarah74

Sarah74 Well-Known Member

I was 32 when I conceived spontaneously. I have frat boys. There is no family history.

19. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

I was 31 when I conceived my twins, 32 when they were born ~ I used Clomid w/ IUI & got pregnant w/ fraternal twins on our 2nd try ;)

20. sullivanre

QUOTE(Kyrstyn @ May 8 2009, 07:44 PM) [snapback]1306220[/snapback]
    I was 24 when I spontaneously conceived my mono/di identical girls despite being on birth control.

I knew the spontaneous part but on BC, and all the bedrest and preemies too. Wow, girl you got way more than you bargained for. :)

21. stacpane

stacpane Active Member

We got pregnant with twins using fertility meds and an IUI...after 2 years of TTC with reproductive endocrinology. I am 27 years old!!!

22. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

31, injectible meds and IUI, after 2 yrs ttc my dd on fertility meds and then 16 months ttc these babies. I had 2 m/c's in between. I had "help" but they were very natural anyways! :D

Don't worry I'm not offended at all but being one who suffered from infertility I don't consider any of my kids unnatural! :D :D

23. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

My twins were conceived spontaneously and I was 26 years old. They are Di/Di identicals.

24. newjersey_mom

newjersey_mom Well-Known Member

My girls were mono/di and conceived natuarlly. I was 26 when I got pregnant and 27 when I delivered them!

25. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

I concieved at 34 gave birth at 35. (mono/di) We had IVF...so thankful! my sister has ID twins, and she was a fraternal twin (her twin died in utero)...
    many frat twins in our family...

Congrats!

26. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

I conceived my di/di identical twins when I was 25 with no fertility meds.

27. LisaLonnie

LisaLonnie Well-Known Member

I was 30 when spontaneously conceiving our di/di girls and delivered when I was 31. Spontaneous twins run within the maternal side of my family through several generations.

28. Lydia

Lydia Well-Known Member

We conceived our twinkies (fraternal boy/girl) without fertility meds or treatment while we were both 28, after trying to conceive for four years. Oh and I didn't have a regular period for years! We truly are very thankful for them ;)

29. sharerc

sharerc Well-Known Member

29 when the twins were born and conceived. They are IVF babies and personally I don't think IVF is very natural. The babies are natural, but definitely not how they got here. Heck, natural doesn't involve having pictures of your babies when they were just embryos! I do think it's the greatest thing in the world because it helped me have my girls though. But it's definitely not the old fashioned way of getting pregnant! And I'm very quick to tell strangers that my girls are a product of IVF. It doesn't bother me one bit when people ask. But I know it does bother a lot of ladies. I don't get that but whatever.

30. Rose524

Rose524 Well-Known Member

Our twins are IVF babies.
    They were conceived on our 7th IVF cycle.
    I was 35 when they were born.
    We used a gestational surrogate to carry for us.
    I am very proud of my kids and how they came to be.
    I don't get offended by questions - I use it as an opportunity to educate people that have no clue about IF, etc. :)

31. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

I was 28 when I became spontaneously pregnant with my mono di boys. I had a miscarriage about 6 months before they were conceived.

32. becky5

becky5 Guest

I was 32 when I delivered the twins. Spontaneous frats!

33. Kaelan

Kaelan Well-Known Member

1 was 36 and had spontaneous mono/di boys

Kenneth and Ian are 18 days old

34. laurenlantz

laurenlantz Well-Known Member

I was 24 when we conceived. They are our first living children. We miscarried about 3 months prior to our pregnancy. We were VERY surprised to find out we were having identical twins. No fertility drugs, just a lot of people praying for us. We TTC for about a year before our first pregnancy.

35. Natalochka

Natalochka Well-Known Member

27 when conceived di/di girls. total surprise - no family history or fertility meds.