I've found my twins sharing the same bed

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by scrappycindy, Dec 20, 2010.

1. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

We've been without cribs for 2 weeks, one week in toddler beds. Last night and today for nap, I found them both in the same bed. Both little heads up at the pillow. It's so sweet!

2 people like this.
  2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

3. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Oh that is just precious! You should try to snap a photo if it's not too dark in there. I do wonder if my guys will share a bed when we transition them to twin beds. They're not super cuddly with each other right now, but who knows! :)

4. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

♥ Awe! That photo is precious!!!

The only 'sharing bed' story I have is this: The twins (4.5 years old) sharing bedroom in two twin beds. One night I wake up to hear Audrey crying. I go downstairs and I hear crying from Clayton's side of the bed. The crier stated: "Clayton is in my bed." Audrey was on Clayton's pillow upset because he was in 'her' bed. Clayton slept right through it. :)

6. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Adorable pictures!

7. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:wub: one of my favorite things about having twins! we never know where we're going to find the girls - they have a double futon mattress, plus two crib mattresses on the floor in their room & they like to play musical beds. :laughing: i wish i had the guts to take photos but i'm always so scared the flash is going to wake them. :blush:

8. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

That's so adorable! My girls aren't cuddly with each other but I can imagine that when we transition them that they will wrestle with each other until they pass out in the same bed :)

9. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh my gosh so cute!!! :wub: And I am cracking up at the "escapee" pics! That progression is hilarious, especially your second dd trying desperately to climb out, and just not getting it! :laughing:

10. vharrison1969

Awesome pictures!! :clapping: I LOOOOOVE pictures of children sleeping; so blinkin' cute! :wub: The escapee pics were hilarious too! :lol:

11. tundrababy

tundrababy Well-Known Member

The escape sequence was far too cute! We are moving to toddler beds within the next couple weeks, interested to see what they will do since we used to find them spooning when sharing a crib around 6mos.

12. ourtwopeas

ourtwopeas Well-Known Member

That photo series was hysterical. Thanks for sharing. I am just debating to move them to beds or hold off a bit longer. They haven't shown any hint of trying to climb out yet.

13. Littlecat

Littlecat Member

My B/G twins are just 17 months old and now sleep in the same crib at night and for naps. My little monkey boy figured out how to climb from his crib over into his sister's crib (its a small room and the cribs actually touch each other) and now doesnt sleep anywhere else! its made naptime a bit more difficult bec they dont go to sleep as quickly but by bedtime he falls asleep almost right away bec he's so tired from jumping from one crib to the next!

We debated swtiching them to toddler beds but my princess has no interest in climbing out of her crib or into her brother's and so we figured we'd just leave things as is for now. We moved a bunch of stuff out of the room and made sure that there were no sharp furniture edges in the way in case he fell if/when he climbed out of his crib (which he did a few times but really just prefers hanging out with his sister!)

i would post pictures but havent figured out to to attach them!

14. vharrison1969

That is so sweet! :wub:

If you have them posted on a photo sharing site (like Shutterfly, Snapfish or even Facebook), you can copy/paste a link (from your browser's address bar) inside of a post, like this: http://www.dropshots.com/Tslisher#date/2010-12-21/19:03:55 Just make sure that if you use Facebook you have the security on the photo set so that anyone can see them. :good:

15. Littlecat

Littlecat Member

thanks for the advice! Here's the link to pics!

http://srphotos.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

16. vharrison1969

Wow, that's some climber you have there!! Was your DD crying because he was climbing into her crib, or because he hadn't gotten there yet?! :lol:

17. Littlecat

Littlecat Member

:) everyone asks me that! She always cries when he first jumps in and then she loves the company. He is so smart though...first he throws over his pillow, blanket and any stuffed animal or toy he wants and then he climbs over! She has learned to just lay down and ignore him when she wants to go to sleep. i'm watching them now play in her crib over my webcam (i'm at work) they've been up there for close to an hour and a half already just having a ball - no nap today i guess!