ivana's sick :(

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ddancerd1, Nov 19, 2008.

1. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

she's got a runny nose adn a slight cough and tiny fever. she's still in good spirits, which i'm taking as a good sign. however, after drinking her milk this morning, she puked in the ballpit (yuck). i didn't even know till i saw some on her chin. then i sniffed around till i smelled it in the pit (that was not a fun cleaning task, btw) she didn't cry or anything. i think it was phloemmy, too.
    like i said, she's still acting okay, and eating okay, but should i cut down on the milk if it's making her super phleommy and pukey? i'm pushing the water on her, too.

2. ddancerd1

sorry, mods, can you move this to 1-4 forum? oopsie!

3. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

Old habits are hard to break, right!??! :laughing:

Sorry she is sick! I cant even imagine what a PITA it must have been cleaning the ballpit! Hope she feels better soon!

4. ddancerd1

QUOTE(cohlee @ Nov 19 2008, 05:03 PM) [snapback]1077638[/snapback]
    Old habits are hard to break, right!??! :laughing:

Sorry she is sick! I cant even imagine what a PITA it must have been cleaning the ballpit! Hope she feels better soon!

it took me almost the entire past month to stop coming here first! :D :huh:

and, yeah, i had to throw 150 into the bath tub to be cleaned! then take them out one at a time to dry and put back in the freshly cleaned pit. it was pretty entertaining for them, tho! lol

5. *Sully*

*Sully* Well-Known Member

Hey - Sorry to hear that she is sick. Clara has been sick too. She gets all phlemy and gags and is very dramatic about it. She actually got sick on the way to daycare yesterday and threw up curdled milk vomit all over herself and her car seat - ick!

I usually withold any large quantity of milk for about a day after they get sick like that. I didn't give her a night bottle yesterday, but I did give her a small bottle this morning and sippies with milk throughout the day. She's been fine. Grayson is sick too, but hasn't gagged on his phlem and thrown up.

I hope everyone feels better soon!!

6. cupcake

cupcake Well-Known Member

She might have a tummy bug, which is a virus along with the common cold. I would withhold milk for now, it is not easy on the stomach. Can you follow the B.R.A.T. diet? And give lots of liquids, like Pedialyte and water.

7. ddancerd1

what's the BRAT diet?

8. brlowe

brlowe Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ddancerd1 @ Nov 19 2008, 09:04 PM) [snapback]1078130[/snapback]
    what's the BRAT diet?

B=bananas
    R=rice
    A=applesauce
    T=toast

Keep pushing liquids on her, dehydration is the main worry. You could also give her some Pedialyte. I would avoid milk for a few days. Hope she gets to feeling better.

9. ddancerd1

thanks for that. i'll remember that.

if she gets up in the night should i give her water or pedialyte?

10. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I would do pedialyte because it has electrolytes in it which will help her to stay hydrated.