It's official... we're DONE with diapers!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by debid, Dec 9, 2008.

1. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Trent hasn't had a single accident since he switched to underpants at night several weeks ago. Trevor regressed briefly with the nighttime only so I put him back in diapers at night and told him he wasn't quite ready and we'd try again when he'd been dry for a week. Then, I forgot to tell the sitter and she put them both in underwear that night because Trevor told her he wears underwear at night. He stayed dry and has been accident-free since then. :clapping: :yahoo:

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:clapping: That is great!! We're still waiting to get rid of the nighttime diaper but during the days we are 90% good!

3. caba

caba Banned

Woo hoo! I can't wait until I can post this! Although we haven't even started yet, hehe.

4. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

WOW!! WTG! I am so impressed! I haven't been brave enough to try underwear with Bea at night. Good for you!

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

Congratulations! :Clap:

6. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm jealous!!

7. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Woohoo thats fantastic!! We are 100% day trained and nap trained (well sophie is and jacks nearly there) How did you conquer the night training? They cant go longer than 3 hours and then they have to pee so how do you get through the night without accidents? I really would love for them to be trained fully but think we may be a little off it x

8. debid

debid Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Louise+2 @ Dec 10 2008, 04:39 PM) [snapback]1106093[/snapback]
    Woohoo thats fantastic!! We are 100% day trained and nap trained (well sophie is and jacks nearly there) How did you conquer the night training? They cant go longer than 3 hours and then they have to pee so how do you get through the night without accidents? I really would love for them to be trained fully but think we may be a little off it x

I didn't do anything. They started being dry in the morning once in a while and I'd say something about them being such big boys when it happened. I've told them they may get up to use the potty at night if they need to but they rarely do. They just reached the point physically that they can hold it until morning provided they don't down a whole glass of water at bedtime. Then, when they did have too much to drink and called me to go potty rather than peeing the diaper, I knew we were very close. After 2 weeks of dry diapers, I switched Trent. He was ELATED. Trevor had been dry frequently so I tried to switch him but ended up with a small backslide so we went back to diapers briefly until the sitter gave him the nudge he needed.

We've been fully day trained since February so it hasn't been a quick process to apply that to night time.

9. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

:clapping: It's the best thing! And nice on the wallet too. Congrats! :woohoo:

10. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

:banana: :woohoo:
    Yowza! That's awesome!

Mine are so, SO far from being night trained. They wake up with soaked diapers every morning.