It's official...three more days!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Mommy2ATeam, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Mommy2ATeam

Mommy2ATeam Well-Known Member

I had my appointment today and the m/w checked my cervix to see if they could induce me on Friday. I am 50% effaced and dilated about a figertip. The baby is at -2 station so I don't think there's much chance of him flipping breech again between now and Friday. I'm going in on Thursday night to start Cytotek(sp?) to ripen my cervix and hopefully all will be good to induce on Friday. The m/w estimated that he's about 8 lbs. After 2 5lb babies, that sounds a little scary! But I know I can do it! She also stripped my membranes (the best she could since I'm not dilated very much) and the contractions have REALLY picked up since then. They're getting much more intense and they're now coming every 10-15 minutes.

So, the bottom line is, I'm going to have my baby this weekend!!! That seems so crazy to me but I'm so anxious to see him and hold him. DH is getting into town tomorrow night and my parents are coming in Thursday night. I'll be sure to post the birth story and pics as soon as I get home from the hospital (sooner if MIL brings her laptop to the hospital with her).

2. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Wow, can't wait to read your birth story!! You think you'll make it to the weekend?

3. GirliesGalore

GirliesGalore Well-Known Member

Oh, how exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it! Take care!

4. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations Aubrey! I hope things progress perfectly for you and you have a wonderful birth. :D

5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

That is awesome! Can't wait to hear the birth story!

6. Mommy2ATeam

Mommy2ATeam Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Twinsanity+3 @ Feb 12 2008, 04:35 PM) [snapback]618419[/snapback]
    Wow, can't wait to read your birth story!! You think you'll make it to the weekend?

:D I hope so!

7. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

That's great!! Can't wait to hear the birth story!!

8. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

I'm SO excited for you!!! Seems like yesterday you announced you were pregnant and now the baby could come at any time!!!! HOW COOL!!! Do the girls know what they are in for?

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

10. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

How exciting!! Wishing you a happy and safe delivery!! Anxiuos for your birthstory and pics!!

11. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

Very exciting! Good luck, I'm sure it will go great. It will be nice to have everyone there for the birth as well. I can't wait to hear the story and see the pics.

12. candctwinfactory

candctwinfactory Well-Known Member

I just get so excited for all these new babies on the way!! I wish you all the best and hope all goes as you planned!! Cannot wait to read the birth story and spy the pics!!