It's official - no more kids

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by shelley79, Jan 5, 2008.

1. shelley79

shelley79 Well-Known Member

Well, I had the Essure procedure done yesterday. It's a tubal occlusion that requires no incision and is irreversible. I am happy to be moving on to the next phase of our lives, but it's also a little sad that I will not be having any more babies. I know it's the best decision for our family though. I'll have to find other people's babies to play with!

2. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

:hug99: I know it's hard to close a chapter in your life, but think of all the new chapters you will be writing! :)

3. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Awww...big hugs to you. :hug99:

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

5. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

Yes, it's true that a new chapter is opening but - also completely natural to mourn the end of one. Whenever people say, cheerfully "oh, you have two, so you're done" my reaction is 'well, no, i'd have more if i could, so BACK OFF, BUCKO!!!!!

Don't be surprised if you find yourself thinkng about it; psychologically it's a very big deal. Sounds like you are very clear that it's the best decision for your family -but that doesn't make it any less difficult. Big hug.

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

:hug99:

7. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug99:

8. hersheytwins

hersheytwins Well-Known Member

I had my tubes done right after I had Emily and Zachary. It is kind of strange knowing that I will never feel a baby move inside of me again, but like you I know it was the best thing I could do for my family. Big Hug to you.

9. shelley79

shelley79 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for understanding and for your kind words. I feel like I am mourning something, but I am also happy too. It's strange. I love the ladies on this website!