It's been TWO WEEKS...and they are STILL sick...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by megkc03, Jun 1, 2009.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We are now starting week #3 of being sick. When does it end?!?! Anthony started with a runny nose two weeks ago Sunday. Then Nicholas joined him on Monday. Started off clear, then it was green...and CONSTANT. Oh my goodness was it a constant runny nose! After about a week of the runny nose...the cough started. Then-dh and I both got sick. We are going on two weeks now too. Let me tell you-it's been the WORST and LONGEST cold I have EVER had-at least that I can remember. And we had company all last weekend for Memorial Day Weekend. I was miserable to say the least.

So now-they still have the cough-here and there. The runny nose is also still present-although not as often and mostly clear now. Then, Anthony woke up this afternoon from nap a bit warm. I didn't check his temp right away as he just woke up. Then he seemed to have cooled off. Well, I went out and dh called me looking for the thermometer-he was burning up. So-he's now got a fever-it was 100.5. Seriously-will it end??? I should add-they both got vaccinated on Thursday of last week for Hep and DTaP. So I guess it could be that. Whatever it is-I hope it is gone SOON!

I need to get rid of my own cough before next Wednesday! A c/s and a cough-NO THANK YOU! I will push this baby out if I have to instead! LOL!

2. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

:hug: What timing! Like you need sick kids on top of everything else going on in your life right now!

I hope everyone is feeling better soon - sending healthy vibes your way.

3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: The last time my girls got a cold it lingered for weeks. You get to a point where you are sick of being sick!

:hug:

4. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Are either one of them prone to ear infections??

The fever makes me think it has perhaps turned into an ear infection.

I might take them in just to ck before the new baby comes.

Just to be safe! Also, it could be bronchitis or something that could be treated w/ abx. Of course, the last thing you need is a sick newborn too!!

Good luck and I'm sorry this is happening. Last time it happened to us, it ended up being an ear infection!! (I had NO clue and it was their first at 19 months!)

5. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Katie has had a cold that has lingered now for 3 weeks! The DR prescribed a med but it hasn't helped. I am hoping it runs its course, SOON.

:hug: to you.

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:hug: How are you guys feeling today?

7. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(Leighann @ Jun 3 2009, 03:10 PM) [snapback]1339652[/snapback]
    :hug: How are you guys feeling today?

Much better! Thanks for asking! I've been meaning to come back and update!

Anthony's fever was short-thank goodness! He went to bed with a 100.5 fever. Woke up the next am with a 100.3 fever. I gave him some motrin and that was the end of that! He took a 3.5 HOUR NAP that day! That kid has NEVER EVER taken a nap that long!!!! EVER! Of course I was not home as I had an ob appt, so I was not able to cash in on that! <_< ;) I actually had to wake him up! But once I got him up-he was fine! Happy, not warm-it was great!

They still both have the runny noses here and there and Anthony has a slight cough. Hopefully by this weekend they will both be 100%. I mean, they never do act sick when they have a cold...it's just been lingering wayyyyy too long!

On a side note-they BOTH took a 3 hour nap today! Boy was I in HEAVEN!