It's a boy.....And a girl! !8 weeks and new to site

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mrsfussypants, Dec 5, 2006.

1. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying reading everyone's experiences with their twin pregnancies. at 14 weeks we found out one was a boy....but the other was being shy! I knew it was a girl, but we had to wait another month to find out for sure. We just had the u/s yesterday and finally confirmed we've got one of each. Now it finally seems real, and I can start planning (and by planning I mean SHOPPING!) We've got a 20 month old little boy named Bennett and my biggest concern is juggling caring for the twins along with a very active toddler! Anyone else stressing about the same thing?

2. mrsfussypants

I'm enjoying reading everyone's experiences with their twin pregnancies. at 14 weeks we found out one was a boy....but the other was being shy! I knew it was a girl, but we had to wait another month to find out for sure. We just had the u/s yesterday and finally confirmed we've got one of each. Now it finally seems real, and I can start planning (and by planning I mean SHOPPING!) We've got a 20 month old little boy named Bennett and my biggest concern is juggling caring for the twins along with a very active toddler! Anyone else stressing about the same thing?

3. DenaP

DenaP Well-Known Member

Congrats.. I am pretty new here also. I am 19 weeks and we still do not know what we are having. Our little guy.. Cooper will be 20 months when the twins are due.. Not sure how it will all work out but we will hit the ground running. I met a lady at the store yesterday with two sets of b/g twins and she was out and about so I figure I can be too!
    Take Care
    Dena

4. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

my son will be 2-1/2 when the twins are due and that my biggest concern is making sure he gets enough our our attention and energy...it is so easy to get absorbed in babies I just pray I find the right balance.

5. Jamiesuzanne

Jamiesuzanne Member

My son will be almost 3 when the babies are born. I think it will be easier then if he was only 2 - but I still worry about how I will get it all done!

Congrats on finding out the gender - I can't wait to know for sure.

6. mrsfussypants

I've just told myself I'm not going to leave the house for the next year! I can't even imagine going to the store--- two car seats and a little 2 year old maniac? holy cow. I guess we'll all figure it out as it comes!

7. JASB

JASB Well-Known Member

First - - congratulations on your baby boy & girl. I am having B/G twins too. As it gets closer, I get overwhelmed sometimes too. All the stuff. These are my first so I don't know what to expect anyways, but I couldn't imagine how I would do it with another little one. Enjoy shopping for both a boy and a girl. I always got confused looks when I checked out...the cashier was like both pink and blue....YEP TWINS!! Just enjoy every step of the way!!

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] and CONGRATULATIONS!!

I have 3 boys 12,9,7 - my guys are older but in the store they act like they are 2! I will probably be stuck in the house for a while after the babies are born too - or else it will be like the circus came to town!!

9. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I'm also having boy/girl twins. My girls are 11 and 13, so although my concerns are different, I am still worried that I won't be there as much for them with two babies to take care of. I guess I'll just have to bundle the twins up and bring them to all of my girls activities with me!
    Helen

10. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!! Half the fun of having b/g twins, is that you get to shop in both the boys AND the girls sections!!!!

11. Eimear

Eimear Well-Known Member

yes, I'm stressing my self. My baby will be 10 1/2 months old next week when we deliver our twin boys. I just don't know how I'm going to do it with 3 under 1. We bought a tripple stroller and are pretty much going to fly by the seat of our pants! [​IMG]
    The best part is that my DH is going to be able to take 8 weeks off work like me and that's really going to help.

12. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Well I'm in the minority - my DD will be 13 on Friday [​IMG]

But congratulations and welcome to the board!!

13. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

I am definetly stressing about the same. We didn't find out we were having twins until I was 27 weeks pregnant though, so it's all still a little new. Our son will be 18-1/2 months old when the girls are due. I'm trying to provide him with as much attention as I can now because I know it will be hard once the girls are here. My DH unfortunely won't be able to take off much, if any, amount of time from work so I'm pretty sure I'm going to be going insane trying to take care of all three pretty much on my own. I will also try not to leave the house anymore than I have to, because juggling 3 very needy children doesn't seem like much fun in public.

14. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome to TS. [​IMG]

15. MommyofThreeBoys

MommyofThreeBoys Well-Known Member

I am STILL stressing about the SAME thing. My toddler was almost 21 months old when my twins were born.

Now, my toddler is 38 months old and my ID boy twins are almost 17 months old! I am not going to lie to you...It's a lot of work but we all get through. Just remember, they are only little once so take each day just as it comes and enjoy every minute!!!!

16. ~*CHELS*~

~*CHELS*~ Well-Known Member

Im in the same boat. My dd Jayda is 22 months old. she should be just over 2 when the girls come. I'm mostly worride bacause my husband works on the oil rigs overseas so he is gone 5 weeks at a time. but ont he other hand he gets to be home for 5 weeks and dosnt have to worry about going to work so that should be good. I'm just hoping he is here when the girls come I wouldn't want him to miss that [​IMG] but so far it looks like he will if they come after Jan 26th [​IMG] My sister just had a baby boy so I bring Jayda there EVERYDAY so she can get used to seeing me with a baby, she loves him so much. she wants to hold him and snuggle him all the time its so cute. Im not sure how she will react to 2 tho [​IMG] but atleast she isetting used to the idea!!

CONGRATS BY THE WAY AND GOOOOOD LUCK!!!!

17. dtazz007

dtazz007 Well-Known Member

Congrats on your little Boy & Girl.You must be so excited.I currently have 3 under 2.I had little Anna 19 months after the boys.Life is a little hectic at times.You wake in the morning and next thing you know it is time for bed again.I can't believe my boys will soon be 2.Don't stress you will manage.I went back to work 3 weeks after Anna was born.I am very fortunate that my mom lives close by and babysits(for free).I feel like I have put in a full days work before I get to my Moms.I don't dare venture out to the store or anything like that.I grocery shop after they are in bed.I have the two teen dd's but they don't help much with the little ones.Bennett will be fine.I'm sure he will be an awesome little helper.The toughest part is the first few weeks getting adjusted.Take Care [​IMG]

Danielle

18. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Congrats! Welcome to TS, this is a great place for support!

19. MomToBeX2

MomToBeX2 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say congrats!

20. amily1974

amily1974 Well-Known Member

I'm stressing with you... (but also knowing how completely blessed I am). I will have a 2 1/2 year old, and a 13 month old, when the twins are born. 4 under the age of 3! Two sons already, and it looks like two more! (we'll find out for sure tomorrow hopefully). I worry about not being able to leave the house much, and how that will affect the oldest, who is so used to making all these fun "trips" and keeping an active social calendar. Also, I worry for my littlest guy, that he will so quickly have to grow up and not be the baby... I don't want him to get lost in the shuffle...

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

21. mrsfussypants

Seriously....you guys are the best! Thanks for all the kind words. It really means a lot.

22. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome to TS! [​IMG]