Is one twin usually bigger

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Brown Eyed Gurl, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Brown Eyed Gurl

Brown Eyed Gurl Well-Known Member

we went to the Dr yesterday and Jacob is 12 lb and 23 inches and Mekaila is 10 lb and 21 1/2" I'm affraid Jacob is going to be so big that ppl won't be able to tell they are twins later.

2. GenandThadsMom

GenandThadsMom Well-Known Member

My DS is 2 pounds bigger than DD, and the twins I took care of for four years before I had my own were also two pounds different from birth on. Two pounds looks a lot different when they are 4 years rather than 4 months. Don't worry people will know they are twins. :)

3. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

My DS has always been bigger then DD, right now it is about a 2lb difference. Don't worry about people knowing they are twins - people just seem to know! And, if all else fails dress them in twin shirts!

4. cottoncandysky

cottoncandysky Well-Known Member

mine were 10oz different at birth, and now theyre probably 2-4lbs different, we go to the doc oct 16th so i guess we'll find out. i secretly wish DD was the small one lol. poor DS better pack on the pounds!

5. mairoge

mairoge Well-Known Member

As of right now, my ds is over two pounds bigger then his sister. He eats way more than her. I have their four month check up on Thursday and I can bet my ds is over 16 pounds and his sister over 14 pounds.

6. Brown Eyed Gurl

Brown Eyed Gurl Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping my DS doesn't outgrow my DD by to much

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

At birth dd was bigger, but I think it was a lot of water weight. Soon after, ds was heavier but at 2.5 years there was a 2lb difference with dd being bigger. At 3 years, ds is 1.5 inches taller than DD and only a pound lighter. So, they are staying pretty close. DS has always been taller than DD by about an inch.

8. sagertwins

sagertwins Well-Known Member

my girls are different to Mimi is bigger then catie by a 1lbs abd catie is taller then her sister but as they get bigger you cant really tell.

9. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

Mine were a 1lb apart at birth, 2lbs at 4mo, and 3lbs at 6mo. People always know they are twins even if they don't look alike. :)

10. Fletchie

Fletchie Well-Known Member

DS is 3 lb bigger than DD. People still know their twins.

11. Gumberly

Gumberly Well-Known Member

DD is almost two pounds and 4 inches taller then DS and they look like night and day but people still get that they are twins so i wouldn't worry too much.

12. drumaj

drumaj Member

QUOTE(Brown Eyed Gurl @ Sep 30 2008, 10:00 AM) [snapback]1004602[/snapback]
    we went to the Dr yesterday and Jacob is 12 lb and 23 inches and Mekaila is 10 lb and 21 1/2" I'm affraid Jacob is going to be so big that ppl won't be able to tell they are twins later.

My boys were only 1 lb apart at birth. Normally not a big deal, but Matthew only weighed 1 lb 3 oz and Joshua was 2 lbs 3 oz. Now, at 11 months (8 months adjusted), there is still a 6 lb 4 inch difference. I've had people ask me how far apart they were. When I reply 2 minutes, I do get some shocked looks. So I really wouldn't be too worried about 2 lbs yet.
    Erin