Is anyone else SO HAPPY school is almost out?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by jxnsmama, May 8, 2007.

1. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

I am so tired of packing lunches, helping with homework and special projects, juggling schedules, dropping off, picking up, and the morning rush in general. Only one month to go until school is out. YEAH!! :banana:

2. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Happy and sad here. Sad because it means the end of preschool :( Happy because it means that both boys will be getting on the same bus, to go to the same school, at the same time! Also happy because my babies really are ready to move on to "formal" schooling.

3. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I am happy for all of the reasons you mentioned, Amy!! We have three weeks left. But I am also sad since my babies will all be another year older. It's always a mixed-emotion sort of thing for me. How quickly this school year has flown by!!!!!

4. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

I feel just as you all do! We always count down the last month or so to summer ...I am as excited about summer break as the children are! I also feel the tug when I realise that they are all getting older and growing up! This year feels especially bittersweet to me. My twins leave lower school this year. I am so glad I was room mom again for this final year! I can't believe that next year I will have middle schoolers, high schoolers and a college sophomore! Where DOES that time go?

5. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Maybe because I only have one child in school who buys lunch and rides the bus that I don't feel quite so joyous about school being out so soon. DD and I tend to butt heads when we are around each other to much so summer breaks are kinda stressfull around here. I must admit I look foward to getting to sleep in again.

6. LisaGoeke

LisaGoeke Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Me too! Like you said, the lunches, homework, going through all the papers, etc. Plus it seems like the month of May they're cramming everything in so we have assemblies, concerts, field trips, etc. I'm looking forward to sleeping in every morning too! Ah, the lazy days of summer....