Is anyone else having really bad allergies this year?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by MarchI, May 13, 2009.

1. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I know they get worse with pregnancy but my doctor diagnosed me with asthma from the way the allergies are affecting me. Anyone else miserable?

2. flygirlcdh

flygirlcdh Well-Known Member

O my yes!!!! I can't believe how bad they are this year. My husband actually went to the doctor to get medicine and he never goes to the doctor. So it's not just being pregnant. I got something from the doctor. I couldn't stand the drainage and sinus pressure. Hope they go away soon so we all feel better

3. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Mine are always worse when I'm pregnant and were a lot worse when I was pregnant with the girlies.

4. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I'm not pregnant this year, but mine have been awful. I can't imagine having all that extra mucous that comes with being preggo too! I have bad allergies and took Zyrtec and Singluar my entire twin pregnancy. Without it I would vomit from all the drainage. Sorry that was probably TMI! Hang in there ladies!

5. kbaldwin

kbaldwin Well-Known Member

My midwife recommended nettle tea, which I've been using two or three times a day through this pollen season.... I usually don't have much luck with herbal remedies, but I think this one is actually helping (and is beneficial for pregnancy in quite a few other ways). I'm sorry to hear you all are suffering so much right now!!