irritable uterus

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by donnakay, May 18, 2009.

1. donnakay

donnakay Member

Anyone have any suggestions for dealing with irritable uterus? It started on Sat. and dr. confirmed I'm not having regular contractions (just the irritibility), so if this pain would go away I'd be doing great!

Thanks,
    Donna
    33w4d

2. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

QUOTE(donnakay @ May 18 2009, 12:28 PM) [snapback]1318108[/snapback]
    Anyone have any suggestions for dealing with irritable uterus? It started on Sat. and dr. confirmed I'm not having regular contractions (just the irritibility), so if this pain would go away I'd be doing great!

Thanks,
    Donna
    33w4d

tylenol? i don't know i went to the triage unit when i had those but i was only 23 weeks at the time. they gave me a muscle relaxant. maybe call your doctor and see what kind of pain pill you can take? surely there has got to be something!

3. caba

caba Banned

Every time I had an irritable uterus, it had to do with dehydration ... once I drank a ton of water, the irratibility would subside.

4. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

Water- lots of water! Good luck!

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

WATER, WATER, WATER! And then more WATER! Also rest, and a quick warm shower helped mine to calm down usually.

6. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

Yep, ditto to the water. And lots of rest!!!!

7. sandygilpn

sandygilpn Well-Known Member

I also had irritable uterus (although I called it angry uterus) and I drank so much water, I thought I would float away (over 120 oz. a day--and that didn't include juices or milk!). It seemed to help a little. I also wore a maternity belt/brace thing when I had to walk around and that helped. Near the end, I didn't do much moving, because anytime I stood up it seemed to kick in. Good luck! You're almost there!

8. esbuckell

esbuckell Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Durangomom @ May 18 2009, 03:20 PM) [snapback]1318421[/snapback]
    I also had irritable uterus (although I called it angry uterus) and I drank so much water, I thought I would float away (over 120 oz. a day--and that didn't include juices or milk!). It seemed to help a little. I also wore a maternity belt/brace thing when I had to walk around and that helped. Near the end, I didn't do much moving, because anytime I stood up it seemed to kick in. Good luck! You're almost there!

That's what I did, too! I drank more water than I wanted to, but it helped. Also, my doctor had me taking brethine and eventually another drug to help. The belt was a great help.