Irregular contractions

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ireland37, Dec 15, 2006.

1. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

This is odd...I don't really know what normal contractions feel like. With my first baby I had them in my pelvic area and that was how most of my labor felt....not really in the abdomen but entire pelvic area squeezing and hurting like crazy.

The past few days I've had a bad back cramp here, some really painful abdomen tightenings there, and really bad nausea last night which is now gone. Could this mean labor is imminent or are these just contractions that most normal ladies feel during pregnancy? Nothing ever seems to be normal for me.

Thanks!

2. ireland37

This is odd...I don't really know what normal contractions feel like. With my first baby I had them in my pelvic area and that was how most of my labor felt....not really in the abdomen but entire pelvic area squeezing and hurting like crazy.

The past few days I've had a bad back cramp here, some really painful abdomen tightenings there, and really bad nausea last night which is now gone. Could this mean labor is imminent or are these just contractions that most normal ladies feel during pregnancy? Nothing ever seems to be normal for me.

Thanks!

3. kimr

kimr Well-Known Member

I did not feel any contractions until after one of my girls water broke at 34 weeks. But when the contractios did start after pitocin they were all in my pelvic area and upper thighs (never thought they would be there!). What your describing I've never heard before, might want to call your dr.

Good Luck!

4. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

I don't know ... this being my first pregnancy I wasn't sure what a contraction felt like until my doctor told me the tightening feelings I was having at work were contractions ... I'm not sure what to expect!! And I've had contractions while on the NST monitor that I didn't even feel. But it sounds like something is definitely going on with you ... I know you can get crampy feelings in your lower tummy, or tightening all over, or tightening up top of the uterus, or no tummy feelings but a bad lower backache, and I heard you can get nauseous too, and diahhrea ... I'd say something is definitely up. How are you feeling today???

5. ireland37

All the symptoms vanished...maybe just 'practice' labor! I can't complain, 9 days to go and my pain is being managed.

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Everything with this pregnancy has been different than with my singletons!! in the beginning I just figured that it would feel / be the same but now I feel like I did when I was further along W/ ds# 1
    I really don't know what to expect!?!