Introductions

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by rrodman, Apr 30, 2008.

1. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I've been coming here for a couple months, and I feel like I'm starting to get to know everyone, but I thought it might be a good idea to do a thread of introductions. It will let the newbies like me introduce ourselves and get to know all the "regulars" better. I'm sure you guys have done this, but I feel like I'm coming in midstream and thought it might be fun!

So, I'm Rachael, mom to twins Jack and Anna. They were conceived via IVF/ICSI after 6 years of TTC and were born February 3 during the Superbowl via c-section. They were both head down, but I "failed to progress" after my water broke spontaneously that morning and I spent the whole day on pitocin. So, c-section it was - I never felt a contraction. I'm 31, and a full time lawyer. I went back to work when the twins were 8 weeks. I've been married to DH, an architect, for 10 years in June. We live near Cincinnati. My family is an hour and fifteen minutes away, and DH's family is 3 hours away, so we have little help. Luckily, the babies are pretty easygoing!

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this board and look forward to getting to know all of you!

2. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

My name is Lisa, and I live near Buffalo, NY. I am a nurse, but have been a SAHM for nearly 7 years. I have 5 daughters, ages 9, 6, 2, and the twins are just over 3 weeks old. My husband is in the AF reserves and is a Physician Assistant. He just got back from Iraq 16 days before our twins were born. (Phew!)

My family is all in the area, but everyone has their own little kids, so we don't have help. Just a lot of chaos when people come over!

I am an ID twin, my father is an ID twin, my ID twin had frat twins. Mine appear to be ID, but we will probably have them tested eventually.

It is great to meet everyone! :D

3. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Great idea!!!

I'm Dianna. SAHM to Lucas and Dillon who are 7 weeks old. They were born at 35 weeks and 6 days. They were both home with me two days later. They are doing great. Both have gained over 3lbs :) I live in Rhode Island with my husband Chad of nine years(as of the end of May). He is a self-employed carpenter. I have two other children, two daughters ages 14 and 11, they live with their father and step-mom, but they are in my life.

4. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

Hi Rachel! We are ivf/icsi grads too and live near Cincy, in Fairfield! What clinic did you go to, I was with Dr. Awadalla at the IRH.

Nice to meet all of you ladies, and welcome to the FY forum!!

Oh yeah, my name is Mary, and I have 7 month b/g twins after ivf/icsi. I work very part time (10 hours a week) as an occupational therapist, it's my break from being a SAHM!!

5. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

Not a newbie but wanted to say HI and nice to meet you ladies! :D

6. bgtwinnpregoagain

bgtwinnpregoagain Active Member

Hi I just founf this board a few weeks ago. I am jennifer i just turned 21 in march .I am a SAHM 2 B\G TWINS hunter n madison who are almost 1. i'e been married 2 my DH for 4 yrs in Oct. We had a lil help conceing the twins. i took pills. was told i couldn,t carry a baby. but i had them at 37 1\2 weeks scaedled c-section. Madi was side was. they hae been the light of my life. Both my familt n My DHs lie close by but my mom is the one thats always here. We are now excpeting a lil suprise mircle and we found out how many on the 9th ( no help this time) unplaned but ery wanted

7. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

This is a great idea! I don't think it's been done since I've been in FY.

My name is Megan. I was a kindergarten teacher and am now a sahm until the boys go to kindergarten. Jake and Ryan are 7.5 months and were born via c-section at 33wks 1d. They were in the NICU for one month and came home on my scheduled c-section day. DH is in the Air Force and we currently live in Tampa, FL. DH is from Dayton, OH and we both went to Miami University. I love Ohio! :)

There are 32 sets of twins in our family tree back to great grandma (all on my moms side), so we are thinking the boys are fraternal (although many TSers disagree).

Welcome to the group!

8. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

Nice to meet you and congratulations on your twins!

I'm Ericka I have twin boys Jack and James and they are 11.5 months old and were born at 37 weeks and were able to come right home with us. I live near Cleveland and I am a SAHM. My boys on the other hand were a complete surprise and such a blessing. They are my only children and plenty for right this minute!

9. Soon2Bmotherof3

Soon2Bmotherof3 Well-Known Member

Hi, I am Kelly. I have 8 month old twin girls, Reese and Hailey and a 2.5 year old son Nathan. I live near Albany, NY and am currently working pretty much FT (30 hours a week). My husband is a fraternal twin and has twins going back every generation for as far back as we could trace but since it doesn't run on my side of the family the best I was hoping for was to have a daughter who would one day have twins. Surprise - we got our own set! I truly love everything about being a twin mom (after the first 3 or 4 months were over of course) and feel so blessed to have my family. Nice to officially meet everyone :)

10. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Hi! I'm not a newbie either and I don't really spend a ton of time in this forum, but I'll introduce myself anyway. :)

I'm Gini, mom to Andrew, Blake and twin boys Reese & Riley.
    We live in College Station, Texas about 90 miles northwest of Houston. We love it here but unfortunately don't have much family in the area. My grandparents live just around the corner and are absolutely fantastic, though. So, we don't have a ton of help which is okay because after having four, I think you just automatically become an old pro! :lol:

Reese & Riley were born September 20th via c-section at 38 weeks and 1 day. Reese weighed in at 6lbs 10oz and Riley was 6lbs 9oz. We had no NICU time at all and I was able to bring them home right away.

Life with twins, a toddler and a wanna-be teenager is a little hectic but we're getting into the swing of things. It's definitely crazy, but we're really having fun with it. I can honestly say that DH and I never saw twins in our future (even though we have five sets between our two families). But now that they're here I just can't imagine life without them!

11. mrsriney00

mrsriney00 Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies!

My name is Debbie I'm 30 and I've been married to my DH Brandon for 1 1/2 years (but together for 4 years), I have 2 children DD-8 and DS-6 from a previous marriage and now we have our wonderful b/g twins that are 11 weeks old and were conceived spontaneously :)

They were born at 36 weeks and had about 2 weeks NICU time due to breathing issues and not wanting to eat. But now we are all home and happy (well as long as there's no screaming...the screaming seems never ending right now...off to the dr we go!) The older kids seem to be adjusting very well to their siblings.

I work part time for a children's photographer and can make my own schedule and do a lot from home, which has made this my dream job!! My DH is a bartender and server and works evenings which makes our days much easier to handle but nights by myself suck! I'm exclusively breast feeding and they are thriving and turning into chunky monkeys!

Love TS!!!

12. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Hi,

Yes, I've seen you here and on Whattoexpect.com Twins and Multiples board :) . We also did one round of IVF/ICSI. We live in Southeastern Michigan.

13. Shellstwins

Shellstwins Member

I am new to the board as well. I am so happy to have found this place!

I am Michelle, 31 and a first time mom. We did IVF/ICSI as well, this was our second attempt. Our boy/girl twins were born Feb. 25th via c-section. My DH and I have been married 9 years this Aug but have been together since we were 16. We currently live in San Diego and I am finally a SAHM.

14. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

Hi my name is ashley. My B/G twinkies just had their 8 month bday yesterday.. :D I live in Southern Cali, used to live in Houston, TX. When i did work i was a Paralegal and i worked for the Attorney General. Now i am a SAHM to DD(4) and the twins.

15. scolesrn

scolesrn Well-Known Member

Hello to all! My name is Samantha I'm 32 and I've been married to my DH for 5 years. I was a nurse before children (now a SAHM) and we currently live in Alberta, Canada (transplants from Houston, TX) All of our family lives in TX. We have a 2.5yo singleton and our G/G twins are almost 5 months. Twins are frat and spontaneous (neither of us has twins in our family)-they were born @ 35 weeks Our "older" twin had to stay in the NICU for a week after birth but everyone is happy & healthy now!

So glad to meet you all!

Gini- DH and I are both Aggies-miss B/CS SOOO much! Gig 'em!

16. Joanna Smolko

Joanna Smolko Well-Known Member

Oh, this is great! Welcome to the board!!!

Ian and Elanor are 5 months old. I was using clomid because of infertility issues. We had been trying for a year, and it was our "might as well try it one last time before we call it quits" cycle. I was induced at 38 weeks after several weeks of early labor symptoms. My labor stalled out after 16 hours, and I ended up with a last minute c-section. Which was okay! We all went home together after a few days of r&r in the hospital.

I'm a SAHM (working on my dissertation during naptimes). My DH and I have been married for almost four years, we're both a little on the geeky side (I'm studying to be a musicologist and he's a librarian). The kiddos are the best things that have happened to us in our life together. They're happy, sweet-natured babies, and even on challenging days, it seems like there's always something to laugh about.

17. jaramalchow

jaramalchow Member

Hi! I'm new here so this will be my second intro.

I'm Jara (29) and have been married to Jason(29) going on 5 years. I live in a small town in Iowa, but am orginially from small town in the corner of SW Kansas. I have 3 children 2 boys and a girl. Kaeden just turned 3 in April. Then my Boy Girl Twins. Wyatt and Emerson. They were born on July 16 (due August 1) 37.5 weeks. We had a scheduled induction. Both babies were vertex so we were trying for a vaginally delivery , which we got half right! Wyatt was born vaginally at 6:49 pm and Emerson was born via emergancy C-section at 7:14pm.

He weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 20 3/4 inches. She was 6 lbs 3 oz and was 18 3/4 inches. Emerson spent one night in the NICU as she was have difficulties keeping her O2 stats up. But Both came home with us. I have become a SAHM since the babes were born. And I LOVE it. I just wish I could find a Multiples group around here.

18. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to Twinstuff!

My name is Meaghan. DH and I have been together 11 years(I was 16!) and we will be married 5 years this July-and celebrating it in Italy visiting great grandparents and other family members. My boys are Nichoals and Anthony. They are just over 6 months old! They were conceived via IVF/ICSI on our 4th round. They are the light of my life! And they are amazing babies! They were born at 38 weeks via scheduled c/s weighing 6lbs13oz and 6lbs3oz. Anthony spent a week in the NICU for fluid on the lungs-but everything else is fine! :)

Before the boys I was a preschool teacher for 4 years. I did love my job-but this one takes the cake! It's a wild and crazy ride-but it is sooooo worth it! Just wait until they get older! Just yesterday I was telling myself how lucky I am to have TWO babies!

There are twins on my dad's side-fraternal boys born to my grandmother at the age of 40-babies #5 and #6 in 1950. I ALWAYS wanted twins-and I was blessed to have them!

ETA:info about dh!

19. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS! I have been here since I found out that I was expecting twins back in September 07.
    My husbands name is Seth and we have been married for 9 years in August. I am 30 and DH is 32. He is an Excercise Physiologist and does rehabilitation at a small health clinic. I work as an Executive Administrative Assistant full time for a communications company and love my job! We live in Kansas as well as lots of family so we have tons of help, this has saved me for sure! We have a 3yo dd named Sophie and she is the love of my life! My b/g twins are Ryder and Reese and they are so sweet, once we got through the first two months of colic! :)
    My twins are a result of two rounds of clomid but I think I am lucky to have them!
    They were born at 36 weeks and weighed 4lbs 15oz and 5lbs 12oz so they were nice and healthy! I was on bedrest for 4 weeks and that was rough!
    Thanks for starting this thread, I am looking forward to reading everyone else's stories!

20. Chase&Parker's Mommy

Chase&Parker's Mommy Well-Known Member

Hi all – My name is Angela, married to my 6th grade sweetheart (whom I didn’t see for 20 years and then met again in ’05, but that’s another story), I’m 38 and a first time mommy to my 7.5 month old boys, Chase and Parker. They were spontaneous with no twins in my family. I had gone to the OB/GYN months before they were conceived and put on hormones (can’t remember which one) to thin my uterus since I was having very heavy AF’s – dr. told us then that we probably wouldn’t be able to have children due to this. What a surprise it was to find out I was pregnant, then to find out it was twins was the shock of a lifetime. They were born right at 36 weeks, with no NICU time. Chase was 5.5 lbs and Parker was 4.11 lbs and both are over 20 lbs now.

I was on bedrest for 6 weeks prior to having the boys and had to go back to work 6 weeks after they were born – it’s been a up hill battle to manage working full time and trying to raise two little monkeys, but the rewards are priceless.

Good luck to all the mommies out there who are just now beginning their journeys!!! It’s a wild ride :winking0009:

21. lis21_78

lis21_78 Active Member

Welcome and congrats on your twins.

I read a lot here but don't post a whole lot. My name is Melissa. I am 30 and have been married to DH for nearly 4 years. We live in a small town in SE KS. I am a nurse and we own a cabinet shop. We have 9.5mo B/G twins born at 34+4wks by c/s after 15wks of bedrest. Abby weighed 5#3.5oz, 18" and Jake was 4#0.6oz, 17". They spent 1 week in the hospital as feeders/growers and then both came home together. I work full time, but as a nurse working 12hr shifts it has worked out since I only work 2-3days/wk. This has certainly been an adventure. They are our first children and DH says our last, but we'll see in a few years.

Living in a small town I agree with Jara on finding a MOM group. There are a large number of twins in this small area so several of us are working to start a MOM group.

22. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

hi! my name is dannielle, i'm 31 (but act like i'm 12 sometimes) and i live in northwest indiana (near chicago). i have ID g/g twins, a spontaneous twin pregnancy. i've been married almost two years. i used to work with kids in all aspects (from daycares to adolescent psychiatric units), but am now a SAHM. i had help the first 8 weeks, and then after that i insisted i wanted to do it on my own, and have been ever since! the older they get, the more fun they get, and it's awesome to watch them discover new things and hit new milestones!
    we plan to only have one more baby, but if my next pregnancy is twins, that would be great, too!
    let's see, my girls were born at 37 weeks. i was induced after being stuck at 2cm dilated for 3 weeks, i pushed for about 3 hours then threw in the towel and had a c-section, which went excellently. even tho my twins are ID, ivana looks like DH and marina looks like me (and whines like me, too hehe)
    i'm not gonna lie: as much as i love babies, i can't wait till they're a few years older! then we can all go to ballet class together :p

23. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

Great idea!

I'm Aimee,30 y.o. mom to frat boys Joel and Roman who were born January 12 at 38+2 by emergency c-section (after I'd been in labor almost 24 hours, I developed a fever and they told me I didn't have time to push them both out!). I'm a SAHM, but I've held a variety of odd jobs over the years from IT training consultant to bathroom designer. I've been a hobby photographer for many years and am starting a photography business, though I don't plan to do it full time until the boys are a little older. I love to run, ride my bicycle, and above all, ride a wakeboard (though there won't be much boating happening this year, when the boys are still too little to come with us!) I also love to cook AND eat! :D

24. jjokitty

jjokitty Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! My name is Jen and I have 6 1/2 mo old frat girls. We did IVF w/ ICSI after trying for over two years with only a m/c to show for it. I had a c-section at 38 weeks. I was developing pre-e and was not dilated even a tiny bit so the dr said an induction would likely make for a rough labor, so c/s it was. The babies did great and we all came home 4 days later.
    I stayed home for 5 months, then went back to work part-time as a small animal veterinarian. So far it is working out very well. My MIL lives about 1/2 mile away and loves to watch the babies. DH and I go out every Friday night thanks to the ILs. My sis also lives nearby and helps with the girls when I'm at work as well. We are very lucky to have so much family nearby.

Nice to meet everyone!

Jen

25. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

Hi, My name is Wendy. I am mom to my son Tyler who is 5 years old and will be starting kindergarten this fall. Also mom to my 3 month old twin daughters Brooke and Hailey. I return to work tomorrow. We live in the north denver metro area.

26. cristallynn

cristallynn Well-Known Member

Hello! My name is Cristal. I'm semi-new to this board but do more reading than posting. I have an older daughter who just turned 5 and will start Kindergarten next year, and 9 week old B/G twins. My mom moved in with us just before they were born to help out, but just left this week due to a family emergency- so now hubby and I are on our own...and I start work on Monday!!! :icon_eek: I'm definitely terrified about returning to work after losing such great help, but we'll work it out somehow. (DH works nights and will have to change his sleeping hours)
    This board is VERY helpful and I try to pop on when I can. We all need as much help as possible! :winking0009:

Now if only I could get my Lilypie tickers to work.....

27. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Great thread.

My name is Beth. I'm 35 and my DH (Chuck) is 39. We have fraternal g/g twins named Annelise and Karina. I had a very difficult pregnancy with 16 weeks of extreme morning (all day) sickness and then started strict bedrest at 19 weeks. I was hospitalized at 28 weeks and they were born at 30w4d and spent 8 weeks in the NICU. They came home from the NICU on apnea monitors and were on those for about 6 weeks. They are healthy now, but still very small. We are battling reflux, but in general things are going very well for us. I am an elementary music teacher and will be home with my girls until school starts again next fall. DH works in the claims department of a small insurance company. We live in rural Minnesota.

28. EricaG

EricaG Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, my name is Erica and I live in Ontario, Canada and am the proud mom to b/b twins (we don't know if there frat or id yet) After a great uneventful 30 weeks of pregnancy my water broke, I was put on bed rest but ended up having the boys vaginally at 31 weeks 5days. They were 3p 2oz and 4p 9oz they were in the hospital 3weeks and two days......the longest 3 weeks and 2days of my life.

They are the loves of my life and every day is an adventure.......oh almost forgot my dh, we've been married for almost 3years and although I could ring his neck sometimes, I know I would be lost without him.

Great Thread

Erica

29. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

My name is Gina and John and I have been married almost 6 years (in August). We tried for 4 years to start our family and had our dreams come true with our first IVF. We were thrilled when we found out it was twins. I had an easy pregnancy the first half, then at 22wks had an emergency cerclage put in and 13wks of hospital bedrest to follow. We ended up beating all odds and I left the hospital still pregnant at 35.5 wks. The stitch was taken out at 36wks and the twins were born 4 days later at 36wk4. We had no NICU time! We stayed in the hospital for 4 days and went home together. They are now almost 5 months old.
    I worked full time until the bed rest and am now a SAHM, but am looking to go back to work. (Darn these gas prices!) I love being a mother even more than I dreamed I would. I can not imagine my life without them. We are so lucky to have them.

30. daisydoll

daisydoll Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies....

My name is Amanda and my boys twins will be 7 months on Friday. They were born via c-section at 38w2d. Right now I am a SAHM hoping to go back to work after the summer. My husband and I have been married for 5 years in July. We also have a 3 year old son. Multiples don't run in my family but my sister also has triplet boys. We are currently packing our things and moving to Lansing, MI. Closer to my husbands work. We currently living near Novi, MI.

My twin boys are sitting up with support, eatting 4 bottles a day and cereal/food twice a day. They do not roll over or anything yet but we are getting there.

It is nice to meet everyone!

31. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hello! I'm Aimee. I'm on here all the time when my babies are napping! I am 27, SAHM to my twin girls. They were conceived spontaneously, and were born at 36 weeks 5 days and had no NICU time. I've been married for over 3 years now, my DH is a state trooper. We live in Louisiana. My girls are 6 months old and I really like coming to this website!

32. pattymartin

pattymartin Well-Known Member

Hi, my name is Patty and I am 35 years old and have b/g twins. My husband found this board for me in January but I just started visiting regularly. It is great to know that you are not alone out there, somedays it sure feels like it. I have been married to my dh for almost 4 years now and we live in White Rock British Columbia about a 5 min. drive from the US border.

33. lindsay084

lindsay084 Well-Known Member

this is a good thread!!

My name is Lindsay, and I am 23. I have been married to my husband, Andrew, for going on two years in August, although we've been together for seven years. Our oldest daughter, Kyiah, will be 5 in november, and we have ID girls, Keigin and Kaylin, who will be seven months next week :eek:

The girls were born at 36 weeks exactly, after i spent 6 weeks on bedrest in the hospital. i had a slight case of HELLP syndrome afterwards, and was put BACK on the mag sulfate. But we all came home together after only two days!!

Our lives are a little hectic with everyones school and work hours being irregular, but we make the best of it!! We are very lucky to have three easy going and good natured girls!!

We live in a really small town close to the Quad Cities area in Illinois. DH is a technician at a car dealership. I am a full time nursing student and work part time as a server.

34. Jennifer@sharphome.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I believe I am the grandma of the group! I'm Jennifer and I will turn 45 tomorrow! My husband is 50 - we met in Aisle 9 of Home Depot (he worked there at the time). We've been married 3 1/2 years. I had three miscarriages and then we decided to use donor eggs because of my age - it was the best decision for us as we now have our two adorable girls!! Hannah and Emma are the light of our lives - they just turned 7 months. We live in Jacksonville, FL and my parents live here.

35. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!!

I am Nichole, 32yr old single SAHM to fraternal spontaneous g/g twins.

I was the friend that said she was never having kids and then gets pregnant with twins! I am so happy now that I have them, they are so much fun! The first 6 mo were tough and I'm not going to lie I thought I was correct in thinking I never wanted kids but now I am just so totally in love with these little girls I really could not imagine what my life would be like without them! :wub:

I was on bedrest for 10wks for incompetent cervix and I was induced at 37w2d. I pushed for 3hrs and finally delivered my girls with the help of the vacuum, unfortunately breaking my tailbone in the process! Which still hurts 6mo later!!
    My girls were 5lb 7oz and 5lb 8oz and had no NICU time.

They are exclusively breastfed.

I live outside of Boston and I hate the Red Sox! :p