Introduction and question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by zerenita, Oct 30, 2007.

1. zerenita

zerenita Active Member

Hi, I'm new and I have a few questions.

I'm over 35 and in my 16th week of pregnancy with twins. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I have 2 girls ages 3 and 7. I don't know what I'm having yet. My next appt is tomorrow.

I constantly seem to be overdoing it. I just expected to be able to do the same things I did when I was pregnant with my singletons. Things like, I didn't realize I shouldn't be pushing around a full shopping cart. Can I get some helpful list of things I really shouldn't be doing? Am I going to be tired throughout my entire pregnancy? I just feel like sitting in the recliner or on the couch ALL the time.

Any helpful hints and information would be greatly appreciated. I didn't think that my great grandmother having twins counted as them "running in the family". :blink:

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi and welcome to Twinstuff! :wavey: Congrats on your twins! Twin pregnancies are definitely more tiring than a singleton pregnancy, that is for sure. I don't know that there is a specific list of things you should not be doing, but you should try to cut back on things and taking it easy a bit more, especially if you are tiring easily. I can remember taking a nap every night when I was pregnant with the twins. Try and have DH help out a bit more. Drink lots of water and look for any reason/excuse to sit down and put your feet up. :)

I would encourage you to join our big sister program. You will be matched up with another Mom with older twins and she will support you throughout your entire pregnancy and beyond. Click on the link in my signature for more information. It's a great program.

Please add your appointments and milestones to our threads so they can be listed in our daily threads. You can add it here.

Again, welcome and I look forward to getting to know you better.

3. lilly_&_hunter

lilly_&_hunter Well-Known Member

Hello!! Congrats on your big news :)

I have been doing all the things I was doing before getting pregnant. My doctor said it was still okay for me to mow the yard - I do that every week. I do try to lay down earlier than I used to. I just kind of think my body will tell me when I've overdone it. If I get tired I try to lay down and take a nap.

This is a great message board - stick around!!

4. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Congratulations and :sign0016: . I would say listen to your body and know that it's normal to feel more drained in this pregnancy. Do what you can do and break up chores/do things slower if you need to. I'm glad you're here. :)

5. ~ Sandy ~

~ Sandy ~ Well-Known Member

My Dr. didn't put me on any restrictions, and I have tried to be my normal active self throughout the pregnancy. However, I do listen to my body and when I get tired I do sit down and I definitely take more naps. I would just listen for those cues from your body to tell you if you are overdoing it. Also, talk to your Dr. if you think you might need more direction on things not to be doing. GOOD LUCK!

6. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

welcome/congrats! its def harder then a singleton pg no doubt:) im finding it hard to not to the same things myself and then my body will tell me to slow down

7. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

Welcome!

I agree with the others..listen to your body.

8. zerenita

zerenita Active Member

Yeah, my Dr didn't give me a specific list but I've found that my hips and pelvis seem to be REALLY soft already. So pushing around the VERY full grocery cart ( I forgot to mention my 2 kids were hanging on it as well) was actually physically painful. Considering I have asthma, I wasn't allowed to mow the lawn before I was pregnant, so I don't think I'd be allowed to now. :D I've found so far that doing anything for an hour = 2 to 3 hours of laying down.

9. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations and :sign0016: to twinstuff! I would agree with everyone too. Listen to your body if you feel tired rest dont keep going and overdo it x