Introducing Myself and My Boys!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Caden and Caleb's Mommy, Oct 16, 2008.

Hi ladies! I have been following the TS forums since I was first pregnant with my boys. I thought it was about time I finally introduce myself.

A little bit about me... I am 32 anf from Ohio. I have been married 4 years to my wonderful husband but we have been together for 14 years. In 2006 I was diagnosed with PCOS in Sept. of 2006 and have went through several procedures and tests to find out why I never could get pregnant. To make a long story short I was put on 50mg of Clomid and monitored throughout my cycle. We chose to try intercourse with Clomid and the HCG trigger shot on our first round before moving on to IUI. I had 2 mature follicles on the day I triggered and low and behold I now have beautiful 4 and a half month old twin boys! They were born on May 20th of 2008 @ 33 weeks and 3 days. Caden Christopher arrived first weighing in at 4lbs. 7 ounces and a minute later Caleb Michael arrived weighing 3lbs. 10ounces. They spent 19 days in the NICU basically as growers and feeders, they never even needed oxygen which I credit to the steroid shots and god! We have definently been blessed and I thought it was about time I let you wonderful ladies that I feel I know already into our lives! And of course here are some pictures!

BTW, my name is Becky and I look forward to getting to know you all! :)

Caden 9-24-08
    Caden
    Caleb 9-24-08
    Caleb

3 Month Old Professional Pictures
    I made this

1. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS! Your babies are adorable!! Where in Ohio are you from? I'm from Ohio too, the Cleveland area.

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your twins! They are adorable & I love their names! :welcome: to Twinstuff!

3. GenandThadsMom

GenandThadsMom Well-Known Member

Welcome Becky! Your babies are beautiful, mine are close in age to yours. I've found a lot of support and good advise here. Thanks for joining us!

4. Kate1587

Kate1587 Well-Known Member

What city in Ohio are you near?

Congratulations and welcome! Boys are CUTE!

5. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

Welcome - as you seem to already know it's a great place!

6. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Beautiful babies :wub: . Hello and :welcome: to First Year!

7. cottoncandysky

cottoncandysky Well-Known Member

hello!! its nice to have you! :)

8. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS officially!!!:) Your boys are cute! Also they were born the same day as mine. Don't forget to check out the Twinstuff Buddies Spring/Summer 2008 group. Your boys look alot alike from those pictures. Are they ID or Frat? I realize you said there were two mature follicles, but I'm amazed at how much they look alike (at least in those pict.)

9. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

Welcome to twinstuff and congratulations on your babies! They are beautiful!

10. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

soooo glad you came out of lurkdom!
    loved reading about you and seeing those gorgeous pictures of your boys!!!
    Plus I think your collage you made is awesome with the prof. portraits :) :)

and just like Pam said -- check us out in the buddyclub down below in the forums :)

11. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

Welcome and congrats! they are so cute!

12. Thank you ladies for such a warm welcome!!! And of course thank you for all the comments on my boys!

To answer a couple questions...

I am from Atwater Ohio which is about 45mins to an hour south of Cleveland and about 10 mins from Hartville which some people know of because of the fleamarket.

About my boys being ID or Frat, I honestly don't know. My placenta was tested after they were born and there were 2 placenta's but according to the doctor the placenta's fused together towards the end so they weren't able to give us an answer. To me they look completely different and i've never mixed them up but my Mom and hubby have when they were younger. Alot of people tell me they look alot alike and always ask if they are ID which surprises me because like I said I think they look so different. I do know they both have the same blood type if that is any indication. I think we will probably have them tested though just since everyone asks lol.

Thank you all again for the welcome, it really made my day and i'm happy I finally came out of hiding lol!

13. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your adorable boys and welcome to FY!

14. tburke75

tburke75 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS! Congrats on your beautiful boys. Mine were born at 34 weeks and were similar to yours in weight. Abigail was 4lbs 11oz and Taylor was 3lbs 12 oz! I look forward to seeing you in First Year!!

15. piccologirl

piccologirl Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Caden and Caleb @ Oct 16 2008, 11:30 PM) [snapback]1029500[/snapback]
    They were born on May 20th of 2008 @ 33 weeks and 3 days. Caden Christopher arrived first weighing in at 4lbs. 7 ounces and a minute later Caleb Michael arrived weighing 3lbs. 10ounces. They spent 19 days in the NICU basically as growers and feeders, they never even needed oxygen which I credit to the steroid shots and god!

wow, your story is so similar to mine! my boys were born at 33 weeks and 3 days, jacob was 4 lbs 9 oz and owen was 3 lbs 15 oz. jacob spent 12 days and owen spent 18 days in NICU as growers and feeders, no oxygen, etc. funny how parallel that is!

your boys look great, and i hope when mine are 5 months old they look just as healthy and happy.

16. erinkontos

erinkontos Well-Known Member

Oh My! What beautiful boys you have!!! Welcome! :)

17. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

Your boys are adorable!!
    Welcome!

18. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wavey: and Welcome to Twinstuff!! Your boys are adorable! I'm glad you found us. :banana:

19. mairoge

mairoge Well-Known Member

too cute....

20. becky5

becky5 Guest

:welcome: Your babies are adorable!

21. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So glad you joined! Your boys are absolutely precious! Thanks for sharing!

22. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Caden and Caleb @ Oct 18 2008, 12:43 AM) [snapback]1031173[/snapback]
    Thank you ladies for such a warm welcome!!! And of course thank you for all the comments on my boys!

To answer a couple questions...

I am from Atwater Ohio which is about 45mins to an hour south of Cleveland and about 10 mins from Hartville which some people know of because of the fleamarket.

Hey, that's pretty close! I live in Medina, but my husband teaches at Green HS, which I think is in the Hartville area. Small world!

23. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS! Your boys are adorable!

24. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

They are so cute! Welcome to the first year with twins!

25. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations Becky!! They are gorgeous x

26. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:welcome: to the Wild and Crazy First Year.