Introducing my boys!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TrishaLinn, May 26, 2011.

1. TrishaLinn

TrishaLinn Well-Known Member

Dylan Edward and Elliot John were born 5/24 at 6:53 and 6:54. Dylan weighed 5lb and is 19 in. Elliot weighed 5lb1oz and is 18in. Both boys are doing great.

The boys birth went quite smoothly. I went to bed Monday night having some painless contractions, so I didn't think anything of it since I've been having them quite regularly. I woke up about 3:20am to some uncomfortable contractions and some lower back pain. I decided I better pay attention, so I started to time the contractions and they were 4 min apart. I woke my husband up and we drove the 40 minutes to the hospital. When we got there, they checked me and I was 6cm dialated. They did an ultrasound and both boys were still transverse (bummer because I really wanted another VBAC). They got me started on fluids and antibiotics right away. When I had all I needed, they got me into the operating room, did my spinal, and completed the c-section. I mentioned at the start of the surgery how unfair it was that my husband could watch and I couldn't see what was happening. So, they wheeled in a big mirror and positioned it so I could watch them. It was so cool! If you have to have a c-section and aren't squeemish I'd totally recommend asking for a mirror to watch. It was truly fascinating.

Things have been going fine since then. The boys had to spend 24 hours in the regular nursery for observation and they received feeding through a tube because they didn't want them to lose too much weight. Since then, they've been in our room and I've been breast feeding and also giving them some formula (must do this, per hospital policy). Milk has started to come in today, so that's good. My doctor and the pediatrician would like to see us all stay until Saturday and then it looks like we'll all be going home together. So thankful that I finally made it through this very very difficult pregnancy and have my sweet boys!

Dylan & Elliot

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Woohoo! Congrats, Trisha!

For some reason I couldn't see your pic, although I see from the ticker pic they're beautiful boys! :wub:

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! :Clap: :wub:

4. FirstTimeMomma

FirstTimeMomma Well-Known Member

Aww congrats..Dylan is one of our boys(baby B) names as well :)

5. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

They are beautiful! So glad everything went so smoothly. Congratulations!!!!

6. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Woo hoo, congrats! It sounds like it was a good experience for you and your boys. :)

7. ward

ward Well-Known Member

awesome. congratulations !!! :hug:

8. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

COngrats! I couldnt see their pic either from the link, but from what I can see from your ticker, they are perfect!

9. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

Congrats!! Glad to hear it all went well!

10. Lindala25

Lindala25 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I love that your ticker is updated already :)

11. Janclamat

Janclamat Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I am glad all is well.

12. lilybay

lilybay Well-Known Member

Congratulations! They are adorable! Love to hear those uncomplicated birth stories - so happy for you and your family!

13. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

Yay! Congrats!

14. TwinsItIs

TwinsItIs Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! :babyflips: :babyflips:

15. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congrats on your boys!!