Introducing my boys!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by khdood, May 9, 2011.

1. khdood

khdood Member

Ali and Omar surprised everyone by appearing early, on Tuesday, April 26, at just 33w3d gestation. On Monday April 25, I stopped by the hospital to have my OB check me, because I had been feeling very strong pressure on my lower abdomen, which I felt was compressing by bladder and making it very difficult to urinate. The doctor checked me and because I was 1 cm dilated, decided to admit me into the hospital until our scheduled c-section on May 14. I was sent to L&D, were they gave me intravenous medicine to stop any contractions. However, a nonstress test overnight revealed no contractions. By the next morning, the lower abdominal pain was unbearable, but when the doctors checked me, I was still only 1 cm dilated. So, I was sent down to a normal room to proceed with bedrest.

By 8 pm that evening, the pain was excruciating and I had not been able to urinate normally all day, despite being on constant saline and other IVs. Every time I complained of pain, a nurse would do a nonstress test and say not to worry because there were no contractions and "it's normal with twin pregnancies to feel lots of pain". When my husband found me on my hands and knees having difficulty catching my breath, he insisted a doctor come immediately -- and after she checked me, she pronounced I was halfway dilated, my water had broken and we needed to do an emergency c-section. 45 minutes later, the boys were born, weighing 4lb 7 oz and 4 lb 9 oz each. Despite their small sizes, their apgar scores were each 8/9. However, they were sent to the NICU immediately for monitoring. They boys were on gastric tubes for 2 days before we began bottle feeding breast milk. Both boys had milk jaundice and spent 2 days under a phototherapy light. Then they were sent to stay with mom in her hospital room for 2 days so they could be monitored under my care. On Thursday, May 5, they boys came home and are doing very well, thank God!

Their picture from this morning is here... http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff450/mheneidi/aomay9sports.jpg

After such a challenging pregnancy -- SCH, bleeding for weeks, terrible heartburn, gastric bleeding, crazy swelling, and all those other aches and pains, it's such a relief to have the boys home safe and sound! By far, however, the greatest challenge was seeing my boys in the NICU, hooked up to IVs and tubes. I was guilt ridden that I couldn't have kept them in longer. However, thanks to the corticosteriod shots, the boys could breathe well on their own and didn't require breathing support.

Best wishes to you all and thank you so much for your support!

2. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to the world, A&O!

4. Cjoy

Cjoy Well-Known Member

Congratulations, great job!! They are beautiful!! Best of luck in the coming weeks.

5. ~Christine~

~Christine~ Well-Known Member

Congrats! They are absolutely adorable!! Great to hear they even got to come home with you :) :)

6. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

They are gorgeous! :wub:

What a scary ride you had though. Glad everyone is doing well now and is at home!

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congratulations! They are adorable! :wub:

8. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

Very sweet picture - congratulations!

9. Janclamat

Janclamat Well-Known Member

Congratulations! They are beautiful. Enjoy them!

10. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

congratulations!!! They are so handsome!

11. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wub: Congratulations!! :wub:

12. keirin

keirin Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

13. ward

ward Well-Known Member

congratulations glad to hear everyone is doing well.

14. christiedawntoews

christiedawntoews Active Member

So cute!! Congrats!

15. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

They are beautfiful! Congrats

16. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! They are so cute. I am glad to hear they are fine and they are home with you!!!

17. Lindala25

Lindala25 Well-Known Member

congrats! they are beautiful. sounds like they did great despite the slightly early arrival.

18. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations on A & O! They are adorable. :wub: Please stop by the Breastfeeding Forum if you have any questions or concerns re their feedings. :)

19. TrishaLinn

TrishaLinn Well-Known Member

Congrats! Good to hear they had such a short NICU stay, are healthy, and are home with you now.

20. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BOYS!!!!!!!

They are absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!

21. FormerNoCalGirl

FormerNoCalGirl Well-Known Member

They are just gorgeous! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family.

22. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations on your sweet little boys!!