Intercourse? How often?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Dr. Menna, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Dr. Menna

Dr. Menna Well-Known Member

Here's another bothering issue, INTERCOURSE, since I got pregnant it happened just twice, one in my first month and another in my fifth months of pregnancy.

I dont have any desire, I feel like I got switched off, and last time it was painful like ****.

Am I the only one overe here who's getting so cold [​IMG]?

[​IMG]please

~Menna~

2. Dr. Menna

Here's another bothering issue, INTERCOURSE, since I got pregnant it happened just twice, one in my first month and another in my fifth months of pregnancy.

I dont have any desire, I feel like I got switched off, and last time it was painful like ****.

Am I the only one overe here who's getting so cold [​IMG]?

[​IMG]please

~Menna~

3. TampaTwins

TampaTwins Member

hi...my wife is almost 11 weeks and has been very sick (nausea and now sciatic pain) so it is very difficult for her to feel 'in the mood'...however, we did try twice in 11 weeks now, and this last time she said really hurt and almost felt like a burning sensation...we are afraid to try again...has anyone experienced this early in pregnancy?...we are thinking maybe it is because of inactivity???? any ideas?

4. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

I have no advice just empathy. No sex drive whatsoever, all 9 months, both of my pregnancies. Usually I am a very sexual person. [​IMG]

DH works hard then comes home & takes care of the house and our 4-yr old. He's asleep by 10 so this pregnancy neither one of us has the energy/interest.

We'll get back in the groove soon enough. With 14# of baby in me it's the LAAAST thing I wanna do now [​IMG]

5. Stinkpea

Stinkpea Well-Known Member

We have had sex once in 24 weeks. How's that for a dry spell?

We are too scared. [​IMG]

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

It was pretty painful last time we tried - months ago! -
    I figure it will be that much better when we can again since we havn't in so long! (I hope so anyway!!) [​IMG]

7. Marbear

Marbear Well-Known Member

The burning is probably a combo of inactivity and lack of lubrication...all that moisture is getting sucked up by the twins. My lips are constantly chapping because all my body's extra water is going to them.

I have a desire, but I know it will just end in disappointment. It's like things are rearranged so they don't work the same. Also, I have to do more of the work because DH is scared of hurting me and I am too pregnant to breathe AND do that. Breathing trumps sex EVERY TIME.

8. Dr. Menna

Yeppiii, I'm not an alian : )

Although I knew lipido decreased during pregnancy, i didn't expect that much [​IMG]

~Menna~

9. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

No desire for sex here either. It's not comfortable and it always ends in fustration. Nothing to kill the mood like getting up and running to potty in the middle of it.

10. ~*CHELS*~

~*CHELS*~ Well-Known Member

I have the desire,scorpio and Red head guess my hubby got lucky with me! lol,but he works overseas so were used to going without it for weeks at a time. I don't mind the break! lol but I did find a few times that my belly got really sore. The one time Joey was home for a Doctors appt he asked "Can we still have sex?" and what does the doctor say... "well not rough crazy sex or anything" LOL make me laugh. I'm pretty sure by the time he gets home I'll be too fluffy and hes gonna be cut off as well. geez by the time he gets home hes gonna have to roll me to the dinner table!!!

11. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Marbear:
    Also, I have to do more of the work because DH is scared of hurting me and I am too pregnant to breathe AND do that. Breathing trumps sex EVERY TIME.

[​IMG] Too funny!!!!!

12. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Don't feel too bad, I think DH and I had sex once while I was pregnant and it was before we knew we were pregnant. [​IMG]

13. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, sex is long-gone here ... in the beginning things hadn't really changed but at 17 weeks I went on bedrest for 5 weeks and "no sex" ... after that, we had sex but I bled and freaked out, had sex a few more times and would bleed every time ... last time was probably about 2 months ago and I had big contractions afterwards, so that ended that. I did promise him that if the babies weren't here by the 38th week, we could have sex ... he wanted to mark it on the calendar, poor guy!!!!!!!

14. JASB

JASB Well-Known Member

I am actually the opposite. I want to have sex all the time...but I have been limited in activity --Dr's rules. Even though I want to, I get freaked out something will go wrong so it takes the enjoyment out of the act. The last time it happened (when it was permitted)I got so scared because the babies weren't as active for a whole day afterwards. I am sure my husband can't wait till this is over...poor guy... he is the best and soooooo understanding.

15. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

Dh and I have always had a very active sex life and although it did dwindle a little now that I am pregnant and i swear getting bigger by the day. We just have lots of foreplay and cuddling and love and keep intercourse to the minimum. I have to confess that the O is sooo much better because of all blood increase. But then you also have to be in the mood. DH and I are fighting at the moment so it is rather dry and difficult to get into the mood.

16. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

My experience with a twin pregnancy is totally different than my singleton. When I was pregnant with my ds I was a little sex kitten! It wasn't until the very end that I lost interest and was too big to even joke about being attractive. This time around I have NO desire whatsoever. Not even a stray thought here or there. We're still having it around once a week, but let's be honest: that is soooooo for my husband...not so much for me! Building little people just sucks the sexiness right out of it, doesn't it! As for bleeding, I've heard the blood flow increase can cause bleeding when no actual trauma has taken place, so unless it's a lot of blood, I wouldn't worry about that.

17. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

what is this intercourse you speak of??? hehehe

dry spell here since spotting a few times around 12 weeks...

and no, my husband is not turned on by my "beautiful" pregnant body...i think we are both scared of it! anyways, he has never complained, he is the best and i try to tell him everyday how lucky i am for all he does...

18. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

okay so maybe i'm the alien...I think my drive triples when I am pregnant, both with my singleton and now, its still early, I'm sure it will probably slow down before this pregnancy is over. [​IMG]

19. Marbear

Marbear Well-Known Member

Honey, just wait until you're going into the third trimester...even if the desire is there, the ability to do it is another thing entirely.

20. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

We weren't allowed to due to my cerclage...so a very long time.

21. ReallyTiredMom

ReallyTiredMom Well-Known Member

This is why I love this forum - I was beginning to think we were the only couple on the planet who has rarely been intimate in the past 30 weeks! The biggest problem is my husband's fear of me - in every way, I think! I am so huge, I can't breathe half the time (snorting is sexy, isn't it?! lol) and I pass out at about 8 PM every night. Surely, things will go back to normal after the twins arrive. You know, in between double breast feedings every hour around the clock, diaper changes (100 a week, I hear!) and everything else, we'll hopefully find 5 minutes here and there to get some action. Just kidding! Seriously though, my sex drive came back after my first pregnancy a few weeks later.

22. Mrs.Bears

Mrs.Bears Active Member

We have been told no intercourse since we had our IUI months ago because of Cervix issues. Now I am getting a cerclage which means No fun at all

23. momoftheforest

momoftheforest Well-Known Member

I still have a little desire...however, we have tried a few times in the past 11 weeks and each time I end up bleeding. It stops right away and the doctor says its normal but now my DH is scared to touch me just in case. Not to mention, Im almost 12 weeks and look like Im 6 months. His doctor told him he couldnt ever have children - now we have a 8 mth old and twins on the way, so he's afraid to do anything to jeopardize it. Go figure!

24. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

Another one w/ a poor, deprived DH here... [​IMG] I think we've done it 4 times? The first was before the BFP, the second wasn't till 2nd tri- and it burned and hurt so bad, I didn't want it again... and the other 2, well, it's been a hurry up- this isn't nearly as much fun as it used to be!!! [​IMG] Oh well-- I'm sure he'll get it again eventually! [​IMG]

25. Dr. Menna

Keep it up moms, it's just few months then we'll find ourselves free to do everything (hehehe, with twins around, I don't think i'll have time to comb my hair [​IMG] )

~Menna~

26. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

I have been pregnant four times. During all those four times I think we had intercourse two times total (adding up all four pregnancies). I found it uncomfortable and painful when I was pregnant. I think the two times were during the first pregnancy. For the last three, once we found out I was pg we just abstaned throughout the entire pregnancy.

27. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

You know, in between double breast feedings every hour around the clock, diaper changes (100 a week, I hear!) and everything else, we'll hopefully find 5 minutes here and there to get some action. [​IMG]

I'm sorry, did someone say SEX? I was so sick my first trimester that it was all i could do to get out of bed. My poor DH said to me at about 12 weeks: "honey, are you feeling sexual", and I gave him a look that was like "i'm puking my guts out, I spend more time communing with the bathroom tiles than I do with anything or anyone else in teh world, WHAT DO YOU THINK??!!!"

It's gotten a little better - but of course he's overseas for three weeks. Actually, I find that sometimes pleasuring myself is the only way I get to sleep nd I don't have to worry about the snorting, the big belly in the way or anything else! (hey, if we can talk about intercourse, i figure we can talk about self-pleasure!)

I told him he'd better get home before I get too big to do anything! And after seeing some recent amazing belly pics, I can't even IMAGINE intercourse in the third trimester - but maybe (hopefully) i'll be proved wrong!

28. witmuch

witmuch Well-Known Member

i have found that if it hurts, we switch positions. the most comfortable way for us is missionary. your uterus moves while you are pregnant. it moves when you are not so at different times of the month your uterus is in a different position. my first two i could not do anything missionary. and with my daughter and these two it is more comfortable missionary. i don't get detailed like this very often. and i am definately not a professional at sex, but having as many pregnancies as i have i just know how my body is. you have to trust your body. if it feels wrong then try another way. and if you still have problems just remember! you tried. i hope that this helps.
    lots of love!
    meshell [​IMG]

29. IVFmommy2b

IVFmommy2b Well-Known Member

sex? what is that....
    Mine is gone and has been gone.
    We waited till the first trimester was over...then tried, and it sucked for me. Actually hurt. I am averaging one a week or every two weeks now...just strictly pity sex for my DH!!!!