Intense hunch that I'm having twins. Is it possible??

Discussion in 'General' started by Heidi, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Heidi

Heidi New Member

I have been driving myself insane googling everyone else's stories about twins. But no two stories are alike, and I feel the need to share mine to see what others think and/or have gone through.

I am approximately 8 weeks and 3 days along, although I'm honestly not for certain. I have my first official appointment this coming Wednesday, July 12th, where I do believe I will be measured to see exactly where I am at. This is my second pregnancy, I have a 2 year old son. That pregnancy gave me minimal problems, and both myself and my son were perfectly healthy the whole time. I am well aware that every pregnancy is different and that just because I didn't have any major problems the first time around doesn't mean that twins is for sure causing my issues this time around. BUT... with the way I have been feeling since literally days after conception, I am curious. I have been extremely nauseous to the point where I can hardly eat most of the time. I am also very depressed, which yes, I am easily prone to, but I wasn't before we conceived. We tried for this baby, so it is not the idea of the pregnancy itself that is bringing me down. I am on the heavier side, but my pants stopped fitting probably around 4 weeks and has only continued to get worse. I am constantly unbuttoning my jeans when I can get away with it. This struck odd to me as well because at that point, the baby really hasn't even had a chance to grow into anything. And I haven't gained any more weight between what I was prior to my jeans feeling tighter. I have also already begun to feel light flutters of movement sporadically within the last week or so. (No, I'm not crazy. I'm not feeling kicks, just movement.) I am a level-headed, reasonable person, I would say, so I'm trying to wrap my head around things. It's just so weird to me because for whatever reason, the moment I found out I was officially pregnant, I have had the feeling that I'm carrying twins. It never even crossed my mind with my son. As far as I know, there are no twins on my side nor the Mister's, until just a few weeks ago when his cousin gave birth to her twins. Otherwise, there aren't any others, to our knowledge. I finally had my first dream last night about having twins. It was short and kind of random, but I just remember being further along because I was much larger. The babies both kicked me in my belly to where you could easily see two sets of feet. I got super excited and started running around to the friends and family of mine that were present and yelled, "See?? I knew I was having twins!!" That is all I remember, but man, did it feel like a sign! I'm not usually very good with trusting my intuition, but something inside of me keeps telling me to trust myself on this one. I'm still not sure of myself, but a huge part of me wants it to be true! Am I crazy for all of this? Have any of you other moms been through something similar? I want an ultrasound so bad because I know that's the only way to find out for sure. I'd love to hear thoughts from those of you interested in giving it!

Also, yes, I know I'm not much further along than they say I am because I was so ready to know that I was taking a test every day. For days it came back negative, and then one day, I want to say around the 2-week mark, it was positive.

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would never discount intuition...you could be right. Will your doctor give you an u/s to date the pregnancy? That will be the best way to tell. I had one at 9 weeks and that's when I found out I was having twins.

3. Riahi

Riahi Member

4. Grace93

Grace93 New Member

I don't totally know how it is, I've never had kids, but I've always had this feeling like I'm going to have twins. Ever since I was about 15, I've felt like that. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I'm currently in the middle of the waiting game to see if I am or not. It's been almost 4 weeks since my last period and starting yesterday, I threw up at work, and since then I can scarcely eat anything, but it's a weird feeling. I just don't like the way food looks or smells. I keep trying to eat but I don't want food. It seems too early for morning sickness, but I guess I'll find out.

5. Twimmon77

Twimmon77 Member

Any update?