info on "helping hands"

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by haleystar, Jan 12, 2010.

1. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

i was going to post this as soon as i got it in the mail...

it's from Mead Johnson, the makers of enfamil formula and it's a program called "helping hands" that helps people who don't qualify for WIC but can' afford their formula, like nutrimagen. it's income based but they will send you a free 12 can box of formula to start...here is the number to enroll or ask questions, 1-800-462-6323

i thought some of you mom's might find it helpful.

2. bethst

bethst Active Member

Our problem is that we do qualify for WIC in our state, but WIC will not cover the gentilease formula and it is almost 30.00 a can . this is a blessing. please cross your fingers that they will help us

3. JoellePotter

JoellePotter Well-Known Member

That's crazy! We BARELY qualify for WIC and they will cover any formula as long as your doctor "prescribes" it. You don't get a WIC check like you do for the "normal" formula that you can just go to a store with. We get a check that gives us a number to call to order our formula and they deliver it to us at no charge. We do have the option to pick up, but it's a hassle to get to this place cause there's always traffic.

I hope they can help everyone out!

4. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

That's nuts! If they will cover Nutrimigen they should cover Gentlease, which I thought was cheaper than Nutrimigen anyway (only by a couple of bucks). And this thread reminded me that I have a 28.8 oz UNOPENED can of Gentlease that I will be happy to mail to you if you like. Just PM me your addy! Our boys used to be on Gentlease until we switched to Enfamil AR for their reflux (and later we switched to another formula).

Also, to anybody else I have a 15 oz unopened can of Similac Advanced and 15 oz of Similac Soy. Those are available as well.

5. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

My boys got WIC and were on neosure... Their ped prescribed it and they had no problems.. And I did get a check that said neosure and used it just like the rest of them,

6. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

sorry for whatever reason the number to call for info didn't post, PM me if you want it.

7. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

I wonder if it will work in Canada?? I don't get any coverage at all and we spend between 300-400 a month on allimentum :(

8. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

Thank goodness we are mostly still nursing but it's always frustrating to hear about all these great programs and not have anything in Canada. :( I hope it works for you or maybe call the manufacturer to see if there's anything they can do.

9. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

I talked to Enfamil and they told me that I need to call my Dr office and go through the local sales rep..Heres to hoping this pans out! I could really use the help, Nutramigen is $$$$$$$$!!!

10. Slvrchelsea

Slvrchelsea Active Member

Did you try getting a note from your Pediatrician saying it's medically required that they're on that type, and hand it to WIC? I've heard that works.