Infant bath seat

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by kturley, Oct 7, 2009.

1. kturley

kturley Active Member

Can anyone recommend an infant bath seat? I just cannot find what I'm looking for and our girls are getting too big for the little infant tub! I don't want the kind that hooks onto the side of the tub--we had one of those w/our oldest and I didn't like it.

I just want a simple seat...nothing fancy and nothing expensive. I've been checking the internet and target and a few second-hand stores but haven't seen what I can picture in my head!

Thanks!

Katy

2. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

I just saw one (walmart??) I couldn't find one either. I used a laundry basket in the tub.

3. AngelKLP13

AngelKLP13 Well-Known Member

Mine was given to use. I don't think they are made anymore. If you would like it I can send it to you. Here is what it looks like. http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i134/AngelKLP13/tubseat.jpg I only have one and they took turns. Now they sit unassisted in the tub. It has suction cups on the bottom.

4. danabd

danabd Well-Known Member

What about those soft inflatable tubs for putting in bathtub? Has anyone tried these?

5. shannon713

shannon713 Active Member

I just bought 2 bath rings by Aquababy. I got it from a store we have here called Buy Buy Baby but just google the brand and several stores (amazon, bedbath adn beyond etc..) will pull them up.

6. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How about something like this, you could only put one at a time in there, but it looks like it would work great. Or for something simpler, maybe something like this.

7. atinar

atinar Well-Known Member

We bought a bigger bath tub than the little infant one. we still use the little one on its back as a support for the new one in the bathroom. it's cheap and works wonderfully. I guess we would still use it till they are 1 year or so.

8. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

We bought a bigger tub also. The Eurobath is huge and we used it until they were 10 months! Then we just switched to the tub.

9. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

I bought one of those Eurobath's too, and it is indeed HUGE. Where do you use yours at? It seemed awkward for us to try and sit on our knees and bend over the regular bath tub to bath our boys in the Eurobath tub. So then we started filling the Eurobath and setting it on top of our dresser where we could bath our boys while we stood up. However, that sucker is heavy when full of water and it was a pain to full with and get everything set up near our dresser. So I just bought this bath sling, which works for now in our regular tub, though our boys will outgrow it in another month or two (its really short!). I guess at that point we'll go back to using the Eurobath with it sitting down in the regular tub, and hope we don't throw our backs out trying to bath them like that :)

10. kturley

kturley Active Member

Yes! The Aquababy ones and the one that Kristy posted is the kind I'm looking for! I cannot believe how much the Aquababy's one cost though. yikes!!!

I haven't heard of the Eurobaths before. I'm going to check those out too. I would love to be able to bath them both while our three year old is in the tub too! But that might just be wishful thinking...

11. AngelKLP13

AngelKLP13 Well-Known Member

If you don't have any luck finding one I can sell you mine :give_rose:

12. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

I could never find anything either. We often used the kitchen sink or took them in the shower with us.

13. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

For my older son,I used the bath sponge for about 2-3 months before he could sit up. Place the sponge in the bottom of the tub and put a little water around them.