Inevitable?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Kaelan, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Kaelan

Kaelan Well-Known Member

The 15w u/s showed that the cords are VERY close together and that they are at risk of developing TTTS.

So my question is, is it inevitable? WILL they get it, or possibly not?

2. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Well, let's just hope not! :)

3. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Just keep being monitored and rest up. They thought we were at risk for TTTS but it turned out our placentas were fused together (you can't tell that from the u/s always). Keep hope!

4. Kaelan

Kaelan Well-Known Member

Hmmmm...except i have mono/di twins and there is one placenta and 2 sacs.

5. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

It is definitely not inevitable - but every mono-di pregnancy is at-risk of TTTS.

Have you visited the TTTS Foundation's website? It has a lot of good information on TTTS, doctors who treat it, advice, etc:

http://www.tttsfoundation.org/

6. hrm17

hrm17 Well-Known Member

My peri has been saying we were at risk for TTTS since week 8 (we are now at week 19 and no TTTS). I have regular ultrasounds scheduled every 2 weeks to check.

As mama23boys wrote, every mono/di has some risk of TTTS. Best thing to do is have routine ultrasounds and keep on top of it. Just because the cords are near each other doesn't mean anything for sure. Your doctor is probably just preparing you for the possibility.

7. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I have never heard of any connection between distance of the cords and TTTS. With mono/di twins you're at a risk of TTTS anyway so you should be getting u/s every 1-2 weeks to watch for any symptoms. Still, 85-90% of mono/di twins DO NOT get TTTS so don't get too worried about it. Just keep up with your water and protein. :D

8. Sisrea

Sisrea Well-Known Member

as PP have said mono/di twins are all at risk, but doesn't mean that they WILL get it..

You should be routinely checked for TTTS, every two weeks. But it can develop at anytime so they have to do it regularly

9. newjersey_mom

newjersey_mom Well-Known Member

I am having mono/di babies and my peri went over TTTS but said we would see how things progress. She said there is about a 25% chance that mono/di pregnancies can develop TTTS. So far the babies and I are doing well. I was just at the peri today and she was pleased with their development at a little over 18 weeks.

10. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mommymeg @ Nov 15 2008, 08:24 AM) [snapback]1071399[/snapback]
    Just keep being monitored and rest up. They thought we were at risk for TTTS but it turned out our placentas were fused together (you can't tell that from the u/s always). Keep hope!

I just wanted to clarify that until my boys were born, they were mono/di. It wasn't until their placenta was examined that they discovered they were actually di/di and not at risk after all.