Induction set for Friday

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by wvtwinmama, Jun 11, 2012.

1. wvtwinmama

wvtwinmama Well-Known Member

hi all,

had another appt today; I'm still at 2 cm and 80% effaced. he did another membrane sweep (ouch!) and fingers are crossed that something will happen. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow. The babies looked great on today's ultrasound. My doctor doesn't want me to go past Friday (he actually offered to induce on Wed, and I pushed for Friday) and after having done a lot of research, I'm comfortable with that. I'll be 39 weeks and 3 days. I would definitely prefer to go into labor rather than be induced, but I'm trying to be open to any method that brings me two healthy babies and a healthy mama. Both are still head down, so hopefully we'll be able to have a vaginal birth.

the irony of an induction date after months of bed rest is not lost on me! If anyone can spare thoughts and prayers that all will go well this week, however it goes down, I'll be really grateful. And if anyone has any positive induction stories, I'm all ears!!!!

take care,
    Amy

2. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

Wow Amy that is so great that you have come so far! Well done you for keeping those babies in there so long and well! I will be thinking of you this Friday and sending you lots of positive vibes! Hope to see you in the FY forum soon!

3. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Yay for making it so far after all that time on bedrest! I am sending you lots of good labour vibes. GL!

I agree about the irony - I was on bedrest from 20 weeks, restrictions and medications lifted at 37 weeks with everyone expecting a birth any day, ended up being induced 4 days before the due date. I had a good labour experience after the induction but did end up with a c-section because twin B showed signs of distress right before I reached the pushing phase and we did not want to risk anything. Although I did mourn the c-section for a while I am ok with that now - two healthy babies is all that matters in the end!

4. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am so excited for you!! You've done great! Cant wait to hear your birth story soon, everything is going to be just wonderful, I know it!! Thinking of you! :hug:

5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I was induced with my twins at 40 weeks and was able to have them naturally. Good luck!

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: It won't be long now, can't wait to read your birth story!

7. Amycplus

Amycplus Well-Known Member

Congrats on going the long haul! I was induced at 37,5 due to slowed growth in baby B. Baby A was vertex and B footling breach and I had a vaginal birth. My friend was induced a week before me and had similar success. Good luck and keep us posted!

8. j-squared

j-squared Well-Known Member

Best of luck on Friday! What a great job you did keeping those babies in!