INCREDIBLE pressure down there

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by faerieprncs, Jun 13, 2009.

1. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

I had a pre-term labor scare last Friday and have been on bedrest since. Today I have felt an enormous amount of pressure down there, no matter if I'm laying, sitting, or even standing (although worse when standing obviously). I've also noticed small amounts of mucus when I wipe...which I'm going to assume is my mucus plug coming out slowly (I lost it in one gigantic chunk with DS)...no spotting or even contracting...should I anticipate labor soon???

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I would definitely call your Dr and she what he/she has to say about it. Best of Luck!! :hug:

3. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

I would call your doc too! Especially w a preterm labour scare last week. I know you can lose your mp up to two weeks b/f birth but with all the pressure etc I doubt you'll be that long!

4. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

I'd call the DR to, better safe than sorry...I've also heard of loosing your mucus plug slowly over a few days instead of all at once in a clump so that could be the mucus when you wipe. Did they give you steroid shots last week?

5. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

No steroid shots. They told me that 34 weeks is about the cut off for when they are effective/necessary...

Today, the pressure is still there, but the pain that came along with it is mostly gone. The baby must have been laying in a weird position. Which I am very thankful for...I have a high pain threshold and I was on the verge of tears all day yesterday from the pain in my groin. One a scale of 1 to 10, I would say it was easily a 8-9...

6. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I had an enormous amount of pressure for a couple of weeks before I went into labor. Baby A, Sarah, was right on my pelvis and boy did it hurt. It hurt to stand, walk, and especially sit. I would be concerned about the mucus and agree with the prior pp's that you should mention this to your doc.