In hospital now playing the waiting game...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kittymum, Mar 17, 2009.

1. kittymum

kittymum Well-Known Member

:blink: Hi Ladies,
    Just a quick update (though I am so bored I could give you a really long update if you wanted). I was admitted to hospital yesterday morning on bedrest until my babies come now. We had an ultrasound last week that showed Twin B, Rosie, had now developed IUGR. :(
    I also had a show two nights ago and have been having strong braxton hicks.... so I am now on bedrest for ongoing monitoring until the bubs are born. We have another ultrasound tommorrow and if Rosie has not grown anymore we will be having our babies at the end of the week. :eek: If she has grown, even a little, we are going to try and hold off for another 10 to 14 days. Last scan she had only out on 100 grams in the last fortnight while her sister had put on over 500grams. She is now way below the 10th percentile for her gestational age. I know it is good to have made it to 34 weeks, but I am sad that I couldn't help her get any bigger as she needs to be strong to cope with her heart defects. Anyway, thanks to my DH I now have internet access in my room so I can still check on all the things happening on twinstuff.

Please send my girls "Grow babies Grow" thoughts!

Kittymumxxx

PS. I don't know how you mummies have been doing weeks and weeks of bedrest. It is only day two and I am going now. My hat off to you all :clapping:

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I hope they keep growing! :hug:

3. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Sending GOOOOOD thoughts to you & your babies!! :hug:
    Please keep us posted when you can :)

4. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

Good luck, my prayers are with you guys! Little Rosie has been an inspiration so far and i know that she will continue to surprise everyone. :grouphug:

5. beckylynn

beckylynn Well-Known Member

I understand! I was admitted to the hospital at 24w6d with a placenta previa and an IUGR mono-di baby. I stayed there for almost 3 weeks, things got better (normal dopplers and continued curved growth of the IUGR baby) so they sent me home on bedrest. I'm now 28 weeks and just praying that we can make it to at least 32.

You're doing a great job! I hope that your smaller baby continues to grow but if you have to take them out please know that you're doing the right thing. I've heard way too many horror stories of late-onset TTTS (even if it hadn't been a problem before) that causes issues late into the pregnancy so I'm glad you're being continually monitored (as sucky as it is!)

Good luck to you and I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

6. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug: You and the bubs are in my thoughts. :hug: I hope you can keep them in a bit longer.

7. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

Awwww, sending positive "grow" vibes to Rosie. Hang in there kittymum!!! :hug: And yay for internet access!

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

GROW BABIES GROW!!!!!! PLEASE GROW!!!!

9. lorileahb

lorileahb Well-Known Member

Many thoughts and prayers to you. GROW, ROSIE!!!!

10. Momof2wonders

Momof2wonders Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]Am keeping you and your precious babies in my thoughts, please keep us updated :hug: [/SIZE]

11. doublej's

doublej's Well-Known Member

Sending grow vibes your way!!

12. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

Sending some grow vibes to little Rosie.....
    Hang in there and try to stay positive.