Imaginations

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Rollergiraffe, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We bought a giant chicken puppet that the boys love about 6 weeks ago. As soon as Mr. BokBok comes out they are giggling and run over to give him a hug, and they try and feed him and give him their soother. It just occurred to me today how much imagination that takes, that they think he's alive. I guess I never figured that they'd really be pretending things already, but I guess that's what play is all about?

Just a random observation for the day :pardon:

2. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

Love this! My girls do that will our puppets...we have a pig, horse, poodle, and a fish. They also play pretend with their baby dolls. It's amazing to see them pretend play!

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:wub: so sweet! my girls love to make water sounds when they're playing with their play kitchen sink. it blew me away the first time they did it. i don't know why but i think i thought imaginative play happened much later.

4. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean! Just last weekend I watched DS push a car around making driving sounds and DD put her doll in the booster seat. I was amazed!!!

5. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Soon after the boys turned 1 I found Nate pushing a piece of pear around the perimiter of his tray, and making "choo-choo" noises and I was floored! He was playing trains with a pear! :wacko: The mental leaps these kids make never cease to amaze me! :D

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The first year they grow in size by leaps and bounds, but the second year, their brains just take OFF! I adore adore adore (did I mention adore??) this age! I love watching them use their little imaginations. I love watching their personalities bloom. I love seeing them start to make mental connections about things! I just love this age! :wub:

1 person likes this.
  7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I love seeing them use their imaginations :wub: Their imaginations only get bigger and better!
    When they were one, they would sit on their ride on car and pretend to go "bye, bye" to the kitchen and now they "build" a spaceship with their booster seats and pretend to be astronauts in space.

1 person likes this.