I'm officially here!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by momof5, May 11, 2011.

1. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

Despite being on the birth control pill, Trivora, for 9 years I am almost 7 weeks pregnnt!!!!! We saw and heard (through a transvaginal ultrasound) the heart beat! :wub: Our kids are 16, 12, 9 and 9. It has been a while so let me ask some questions. Can I still sleep on my stomach? I thought I could sleep on my stomach until it got uncomfortable but I could be wrong. I LOVE hot tea. How much is too much? Can I sleep with an electric blanket? Are 2 Flinstone vitamins a day just as good as a prenatal vitamin? They didn't give me a prescription at my ultrasound, they just told me to make sure I was taking some kind of vitamin like Flinstone. My due date is 1-1-12. Thanks!!

2. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

We have the same due date! IMO, flintstones aren't enough, right, now unless you have bad morning sickness. There is not enough iron, calcium or zinc in there. I bought Natures made pre-natals at Costco. It was $18 for a 3 month supply. They have the 800 mg of folate required and include DHA. I take them at lunch time and they seem to not give me the issues others have in the past. I plan on taking two flintstones just for the folate if my morning sickness gets to where I can't take the nature's made.

You can sleep on your stomach until you are too big. As for tea, the only thing to limit is caffeine and I think they want you under 100mg of that a day. You can google the caffeine content of different drinks.

I am amazed you are sleeping with an electric blanket this late in spring. I have no idea if it is safe or not.

Congrats on seeing the HB!

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap:

I slept on my stomach until a couple of weeks ago. :pardon: No one ever told me otherwise. :pardon: I'm not sure about the rest of your questions... I do believe with tea it's like with coffee, everything in moderation. Look to see how much caffeine is in it and compare it how much they suggest in a day? Not sure. Call your OB and see what they say. :good:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woohoo: Congrats on #6!

I took Flintstones as I couldn't swallow pills. The docs seemed fine with it although I bet they'd prefer actual prenatals. :)

Sleeping on the stomach- I was told you can until it's too uncomfortable as well.

I'm not sure about the electric blanket, although you don't want to get too hot (same reason you shouldn't use a hot tub or a hot bath); so I personally would not.

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!