i'm not finding out sexes but hubby IS

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jaam4eva, Dec 1, 2011.

1. jaam4eva

jaam4eva Well-Known Member

have any of you NOT found out the sex of your babies but your spouse DID? if so, how successful was that arrangement? Was your spouse able to keep the secret?

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Good luck with that!!! With the twins I was on the fence but dh wanted to know, so we found out and it was very nice so that we could be prepared. With Evan it was just a given that we'd find out. We had boy and girls stuff, but it is nice to know. I would imagine that picking out names might be a bit challenging if only one knows. I know a woman who is not finding out with her 2nd pregnancy... she found out with her first though. Good luck!

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Good luck with that. I know if I found out the sexes and my hubby did not I would have a real hard time keeping it a secret, that's for sure. And it would kill me if my DH knew the sexes and I didn't. :lol: No way could that be done in my house.

4. jaam4eva

jaam4eva Well-Known Member

well, we didn't find out with our first, then we DID with the second. we didn't with the first set of twins, but we knew they were identical, then we did find out again with the baby...
    so we've done it both ways, and it's exciting either way. but these will be my last, and i don't think i want to find out...

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I found out with the twins. They were my last pregnancy and I wasn't going to find out until I was told I was having twins. That was enough of a surprise for me, so I wanted to know after that. lol Good luck, hopefully he won't slip up and tell you.

6. sheila185

sheila185 Well-Known Member

With our first set of twins my husband wanted to know so I gave in and we found out. Now pregnant with our second set, this big mama is sticking to her guns and no one is finding out until we deliver! :) I just find in life there are very few things that we can be totally suprised about and this is one of them. Good Luck!!!!!

7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It would bug me to not know but have him know. I don't know why- the doctors know... We found out with the boys and my squirmy girlie. For me, with twins I had to know for the stuff. With this one I wanted a girl so bad that I needed to know to prepare myself mentally. :)

8. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

DH really wants to know, but I really don't. I told him he is free to find out if he doesn't tell me, but he's too scared that he'll slip up. So we're not finding out lol. Although I do still have the paper with it written down and a couple times a week I get REALLY tempted to look at it.

9. sscetta

sscetta Well-Known Member

We don't know either even though I wanted to at first. There's no way I could keep it a secret if I knew and hubby didn't. Good luck with it however way you choose to go.

10. praises1139

praises1139 Well-Known Member

That would be really tough. We weren't going to find out--planned to do the gender neutral thing so the stuff could be used for the next baby-- until we knew it was twins and then I told DH we HAD to know because we're not picking out 4 names (8 really if you count middle names) and we had friends who wanted to pass on baby clothes to us (with twins we knew we'd take all we could get!) so we needed to know the sexes. My SIL gave us 4 bins of girl baby clothes and I went through all of it, only to find out we were having two boys, so I gave the clothes away.
    It took us quite a while to decide on names and knowing they were boys made it easier since we couldn't really agree on girl names anyway.
    Seems like it would've been even harder for us to decide on names if one of us knew that we wouldn't need two of the names anyway. I don't think either of us would've been able to keep the secret from each other--it would be easy to slip up. Plus the person that knows would have to fight off other people wanting to know too! We're keeping the names a secret and it's easier knowing that the two of us are adamant about that. It's like our own little secret we can share.

11. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

With my 3rd son I found out and my husband had no clue. I kept it from him til the end although... He should have known because every girl name he picked I acted like was a possibility (which is not like me) and every awful boy name I threw out LOL!! But my husband does not pay a bit of attention to the kid clothes I buy and would never just look in the closet - he doesn't care what the kids wear as long as they are dressed- that is my department LOL! He also never shops with me at any clothing store - he hates to shop even if we grocery shop together it is IN AND OUT!! But he had no idea I knew the sex either! It was just so obvious on ultrasound to me - Travis wasn't there. I asked the tech if those were boy parts and she said yes.

12. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We didn't find out with our twins or our DD. I loved it!:) There is no way that my DH or I could keep that secret though! Good luck!