I'm jumping in...*UPDATE* in Post #1

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by megkc03, Aug 5, 2010.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Well-day one is down! And I have to say-it went much better than I ever expected! On average, they each had 10 accidents in 12 hours. No poop accidents. They were in all underwear all day-even for nap/bedtime. By the end of day one, Nicholas was telling us when he had to go. Anthony would tell us he had an accident, and then he'd stop, and finish it in the bathroom(thank goodness 'cuz that kid can PEE!). We shouted and hollered whenever they went. They gave high-fives and hugs and kisses. They got to put a sticker on their chart when they went, and then got an m&m.

Today-they woke at 6:30am, wet. However, I think that's right when they went. They sleep until 7:30am usually, and it looked like they JUST went. I had checked on them both after midnight(and put Nicholas on the toilet) and they were both still dry. I did catch Anthony pooping this morning(he was unusually quiet all morning), ran him to the bathroom and made it seem like he did go IN the toilet. Let's hope that helps!

So-definitely not discouraged over here! Yet! They are doing awesome I think. I'm not expecting miracles, but impressed nonetheless!

Here are some photos! :laughing: I take pictures of everything(no not THAT!) LOL!

Potty Time!

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Good luck, Meaghan! I hope it is smooth sailing for you and the boys!

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Good luck!

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Good luck Meaghan!

5. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

Good luck Meg!!

6. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

Good luck!

7. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Good luck!! Hope it goes well!

8. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Best of Luck to ya! I had one that PT in 3 days. So, it can be done. The other one, well..... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: we're still working on it.

9. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

Ditto this!

Good luck! It can be done, but EXPECT to be frustrated at first.

10. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

good luck, can't wait to hear how it goes! (i'm going to attempt going to church w/the kids in underwear! wow!!)

11. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

:yahoo: It sounds like it is going well! Keep up the good work!!

12. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

thats awesome Meg!! I left you a message on your FB page - Ian pee trained pretty quickly once we let him pee standing up like daddy!!! It was hilarious at first as he'd stand on his tippy toes and sling his winky into the bowl but it worked!

13. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm glad it's going well so far, Meaghan!

14. megkc03

Thanks! Nicholas has been accident free since 6:30am! :woo: And thanks Amy! I saw that-I'll have to keep it in mind. Anthony has/had severe hypospadias/chordee so I'm a bit hesitan to have him stand. And I think he needs a few stools to reach! ;)

15. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

Yay! Sounds like it's going great. Keep putting them in underwear at night, it may take a little bit longer for them to stay dry but they will.

16. megkc03

Thanks! They are both down for nap and Nicholas hasn't had an accident yet today! He was getting upset right before bed because he couldn't go and he was trying. I'm thinking they will probably wet at naptime, but I expect it.

People think I am crazy for putting them to bed with just underwear. I don't know. I'm hoping it clicks. We've stopped fluids two hours before bed. If it works-great. If not, not the end of the world either. But I'm hoping to get it all over and done with in one fell swoop!

17. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It sounds like things are going well Meaghan :yahoo:

18. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is so nice to have PT kids. Even though DD had 3 accidents today. And she rarely does, She just got back from a week at grandmas so thinking it threw her off. Better not happen tomorrow, LOL.

19. megkc03

LOL!

Well we ended the day with NO accidents for Nicholas and five total for Anthony. I'm still in shock. And why is it the kid who you think is going to be beyond difficult, is the easy one?!?! And the easy one-difficult?!!? What gives?!!? LOL!

I'm now debating if I should wake them before I go to bed. They did nap for 90 minutes and stay dry. I was psyched. I think I am setting the alarm for 5:30am to have them go. They woke at 6:30am, and they wake at 7:30am. So I'm hoping I can get them in the toilet before they wake. We'll see!

And I still semi think diapers are easier-especially in public. I can't see myself lugging three kids into a restroom out in public. It just seems so inconvenient to me! And-I like to get out of the house at least once a week with all three kids... I think the portable potty is going to be my best friend!

20. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

Awesome start to potty training, Anthony & Nicholas! I'm not familiar with the 3 day plan, but it only took me 2 days to train my Aiden. He decided he was ready, so we did it. That being said, he still wets overnight but our Ped said that's a maturity thing that will come with time (and, really, I don't care about putting Pull Ups on him at bedtime). Conner wasn't really showing signs of readiness when I trained Aiden, but he didn't like all the attention Aiden was getting. So, I put him in a Pull Up while I focused on Aiden, just because I was sick of taking his diaper on & off all day. I had 2 potties, so while I spent my day paying attention to Aiden in his undies, I didn't even realize Conner had stayed dry in his Pull Up! The child trained himself! He had more accidents over the following weeks (Aiden had NONE...he was amazing), but night trained very quickly, too. So, like you said, the one that I thought I'd have issues training....trained himself & is now dry day AND night!

The biggest accidents we had with the boys was them not 'tucking' properly & peeing ON themselves vs in their undies (which was sometimes hard to decipher). Daycare taught mine to stand within a month of training so we kept with it at home. I had a little step stool in front of the potty & they'd then lean forward & grab onto the top of the toilet. They did GREAT with it & now can do it independently, without a stool, & with minimal tippy toes :). Some toilets I still have to hoist them up to reach, but for the most part, they do it with ease. I was real hesitant to train them standing, but I'm glad I did (to this day, mine still don't 'tuck' well!). Both my boys have 'issues' down there, so you may be surprised with how well yours do standing up. Aiden is kinda 'curved', so he just learned to twist his hips to the side a little to get the pee in the bowl :). I'm not sure I would've started out with them standing when training, but know for the future, that it isn't that bad.

As for going out in public, mine really resisted Pull Ups. Mine trained right before Trick Or Treat (like the WEEK before) & I was scared to death to walk the neighborhood in those 1 piece costumes, but they refused to wear Pull Ups. Even trips to the store, they'd refuse. I had a portable potty from One Step Ahead in the truck, but for the most part, we were able to make it to bathrooms. I can see where that'd be hard with another child in tow, though. I just ALWAYS made sure they peed RIGHT before we left & that we wouldn't be out long. I also started limiting fluids before our excursions to help...but they quickly learned how much a public restroom freaked mom out & always asked to go (blech)! It didn't take long for the novelty to wear off, but during that time...man was it awful!

So, hang in there. You'll be so happy having only 1 in diapers! The first month or so is a lot of work & stress, but then it gets easy! I'm curious to hear more about this 3 day method & the fact that they can 'train' overnight (when I've always been told you cannot 'train' overnight). I really hope it works for you!

21. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

This was totally my experience as well! Sounds like your booty boot camp was a success!