I'm a little concerned........

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Juj, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

We had corn on the cob on either last Friday or Saturday night.

Of course, when changing diapers over the weekend, I am "reminded" of the corn they ate over the weekend.

I just changed a dirty diaper from Michael..............I still see corn. It wasn't the first time they have had corn.

Would you be concerned? Does it take a while for certain foods to leave your child's system?

2. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I posted in a thread about this a while ago... totally normal. Everytime my guys eat corn it does that. It is gross, LOL And when they eat carrots their poo is orange, LOL

3. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

For 5 days?! :eek:

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've never seen the corn 5 days later, but have 2-3 days later.

5. ****mws****

****mws**** Banned

i would say not something to freat over.. just call your ped.. or ask next time you have an apt..

eeew:)

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

I just read something on this, I think it was just a theory, but it said that the outer part, the yellow part was cellulose, and indigestible, and just passes through our bodies, while the inner part is what we chew up and digest. I guess that some people digest faster than others, and that is why you are seeing it 5 days later in your sons diaper! :huh:

7. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Hmm... we have the same issue with corn and I can remember it being 3-4 days. Maybe it is just taking a bit longer for Michael?

8. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

My DD is the slower pooper. When DS poops, you can tell that it's from "recent" meals. *This is gross, isn't it?!!??* DD tends to take a little longer to see her undigested veggies. I even think to myself sometimes "oh, she finally pooped out her carrots"...

I don't know that I've ever waited 5 days to see something like pp's have mentioned, though. Maybe 2-3 days.

Just give a quick call to the pedi.

9. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Maybe he's a little constipated. Here's some serious TMI: I had the same thing happen to ME two weeks ago -- had fresh beets on Sunday and didn't see red poop until Friday (it usually occurs by next morning, and you can't help but notice). I was having a rare bout of constipation. So my theory is he's just a little backed up.

10. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I see it for like 3 days when mine eat it! And they poop atleast 3x a day! I wouldn't worry!

11. bkimberly

bkimberly Well-Known Member

Have you ever given them raisins? Those suckers come out whole!! The first time it happened I totally freaked!
    On a funny note, we gave our kiddos bananas and they loved them. So we gave them bananas like three days in a row...that night we changed a diaper and thought we saw a worm. We even borrowed the neighbors magnifying glass to check it out...it was the stringy part of the banana....first time parents...we are so naive!

12. bridget nanette

bridget nanette Well-Known Member

QUOTE(bkimberly @ Jun 14 2007, 02:37 AM) [snapback]291523[/snapback]
    Have you ever given them raisins? Those suckers come out whole!! The first time it happened I totally freaked!
    On a funny note, we gave our kiddos bananas and they loved them. So we gave them bananas like three days in a row...that night we changed a diaper and thought we saw a worm. We even borrowed the neighbors magnifying glass to check it out...it was the stringy part of the banana....first time parents...we are so naive!

:rofl:

OMG that is so funny!! My twins are raisin junkied and yep....they come out whole!!

So funny!!

Bridget

13. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it was any other food maybe but corn seems to always hang around for a while.