If your kids dont sleep try this ... It works GREAT!!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twin mommy of boys, Jan 31, 2007.

1. twin mommy of boys

twin mommy of boys Well-Known Member

[​IMG] i finally found something to get my kids to go to sleep at a decient time so i can have time to myself its all natural its callled "sleepytime tea" i use that and i put abut one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon milk and one teaspoon of suguar then i serve it to them warm and before you know it they are out.... then i can clean my house pick up toys get on puter and have mommy time its so nice

the brand of the tea is "celestinal Seasonings"
    it has Chamomile, spearmint, lemon grass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn, berries, and rosebuds.....

its so nice try it

2. twin mommy of boys

twin mommy of boys Well-Known Member

[​IMG] i finally found something to get my kids to go to sleep at a decient time so i can have time to myself its all natural its callled "sleepytime tea" i use that and i put abut one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon milk and one teaspoon of suguar then i serve it to them warm and before you know it they are out.... then i can clean my house pick up toys get on puter and have mommy time its so nice

it has Chamomile, spearmint, lemon grass, tilia flowers, blackberry leaves, orange blossoms, hawthorn, berries, and rosebuds.....

its so nice try it

3. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

I buy this for myself all the time, and I thought it's sleepy effects were just in my head because of the way it was marketed. Interesting that it works for your little ones. My girls are pretty tired at bedtime because they gave up their naptime...also, they really see tea as a grown up drink. I'm not sure they would try it.

[​IMG]

4. Tam1969

Tam1969 Well-Known Member

I love that tea. I can barely make it through a cup without my eyelids starting to feel heavy. I never thought about giving it to the kids.

5. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Do you serve them each a cup, or do they split it? Do you put it in a sippy? Geez, do I sound desperate or what lol!

6. ads3046

ads3046 Well-Known Member

quote:

My mom told me to try this, but I haven't yet. Mine go down with no problem. Maybe I should get some for myself. I like a good cup of tea in the evening sometimes, providing it's decaf.

Angela

7. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Sleepytime is a well-known tea and it's probably fine, but you might just want to check (look it up online on a herbalism site or something) that all the ingredients are safe for kids. I know pregnant women aren't supposed to drink chamomile tea. I think it's something to do with preterm labor, which wouldn't be a problem in this case, but at any rate, it's always good to double-check before giving your kids herbal teas.

FWIW, I like the flavor, but I've never found that it makes me especially sleepy. If it works for you and it's safe, that's great!